Techon Digital / SCAM!

1 83 Bemnsonhurst AvenueBrooklyn, United States Review updated:
Phone: 877-425-9933

What is this company called Techon Digital? Turns out it's not a company at all. It's actually an Indian guy running scams from an apartment building in Brooklyn (see photo below). Techon Digital has also gone under the names of The Digital Expo, Digital Superdeals, The Digital Nerds, JES Digital, RegalCamera, WAWA Digital, Accessories Land, The Camera Whiz, and Digital Ebuys, but they're all the same person/ people running the same scam. Beware, the same person who runs techondigital.com also is in charge of everyprice.com, which gives sites such as Techon Digital and WAWA Digital good feedback and directs you to their site. Also, TEchon Digital employees are paid to go all over the Internet and give their company [false] good ratings and reviews to try to bring people back after the bad things that they have seen. There are so many false advertisements on the site. I have included one below. Many online shoppers look for the lowest price on the product they are looking for. When they see a $500 camcorder advertised for $280 on this site, they jump on the deal without even researching the background of the company. I know I did. But now that you have this knowledge, you can be a smart shopper and avoid this scam. Okay, you have the general idea, now let me give you my personal story.
Looking for a good deal on a $350 camera, the Olympus Stylus 1030sw, I stumbled upon a site by the name of Techon Digital, who had the camera advertised for an amazing $185. I couldn't believe my eyes! Stupid me, I immediately purchased the camera. Minutes later, I got an email saying "Please call James from our order confirmation department at ext: 201 to confirm your order at [protected]." I also received an order receipt. I was under the impression that the number only needed to be called under the circumstances that the order did not arrive in the allotted amount of time. But when my order did not arrive in six days (the shipping time specified on the site was 3-5 days), I tried calling the number. The man that answered tried pressuring me into buying outrageously priced accessories such as batteries, memory cards, and chargers, claiming the camera would not operate without them. Thankfully, I knew better, and politely declined all of his offers, which he continued to lower (the prices) with every decline. When I failed to buy any accessories, he rudely told me that my order was on the way and hung up. When the camera did not arrive in another ten days, I called back. This time, I was told that the camera I had bought was the Japanese version and the English version would cost me almost $400. I was furious. I argued with him until he hung up. When I called back, he told me my order had been cancelled! I told him that I had not cancelled his order and wanted to know why it had been cancelled. He said that it had been backordered, even though it was still listed as available on the site. When asked his name, he replied only with "Scott" and would give no last name. So, he had my full name and all of my credit card information, but he said his last name was "none of my business" AFTER he said he was the PRESIDENT of the company! When I told him I was going to contact the authorities, he rudely made fun of me and hung up. I can say that I will never do business with THEM again.
I feel it is my duty to make people aware of what is going on here. The Internet is such a great thing, but it's terrible people like these that make it scary to shop or make confidential transactions online. We have to get the word out to save people a lot of trouble. Maybe we'll even get some no-good crook put behind bars. I mean, where is the New York authority? They know where this guy lives! Please pass this on to a few friends so that nobody else has to go through this. The world won't end if you don't forward, but it would be nice to potentially help someone out there.

Thanks,
Steve Stulock

More Techon Digital Complaints & Reviews

Comments

• Va
      8th of Aug, 2008
    TechonDigital - Terrible experience
    TechonDigital
    techondigital.com

On Friday 8/1/2008, I ordered a Garmin Nuvi 660. The web page said the item was in stock, I ordered it expedited delivery (3 bus. days) and received an email confirmation.

On Sunday 8/3/2008, at approx. 12 noon CST, I received a call from TechonDigital. The man, with a VERY heavy accent (barely understandable) acknowledged my order and kept pushing for me to buy accessories and additional services. I politely declined. He said, 'OK, thank you, your order will be shipped tomorrow.'

On Monday 8/4/2008, I received an email saying my item was backordered 6-8 weeks and therefore my order was being canceled. I called the (877) 425-9933 number and after going through the menus, I reached someone who told me he wasn't in sales, but that he was a 'specialist' and could help me.

He told me that the item I ordered was a 'gray market' GPS, an older model (2005) sold in Europe and other countries, and that it wasn't usable in the US. Then he offered another GPS system, for an additional $45 but I would not be able to use it unless I activated it at additional charge.

When I complained, and said that the online description gives no indication that the item is not usable in the US. The web page says this item is in stock, and I had received a call the day before that my order was being shipped. I also told him what they were doing is a bait and switch, a very unethical business practice.

I also said I was going to post this experience on the web and he got very nervous and told me my order and login would all be canceled. Do NOT order from these people. THEY ARE SCAMMERS!

• Re
      24th of Aug, 2008

I tried to buy a Garmin 350 that said in stock on 8-24-08 for $165.00. Same thing happened. The heavy accented guy called my cell phone and tried to get me to buy a memory card for $70 and I told him I wouldn't buy something over the phone without comparing price. He got irate and said I wouldn't find it cheaper anywhere, that my item will ship, and hung up. That was at 2:13pm according to the timestamp on my cell phone. At 2:17pm I received an e-mail saying my order was cancelled due to the item being out of stock for 6 - 8 weeks. These are ### scammers that are definitely doing bait and switch. I will be sending a complaint to the Attorney General for New York State since the phone number for the guy that called me comes up as being from Jamaica, NY. Interestly enough, when I went back to find the same GPS today, their quotes for this item no longer come up. I should have found this complaint board before I ordered, but I'm glad I found it now to register my complaint as well. Avoid these guys like the plague.

• Tu
      31st of Aug, 2008
    Techon Digital - Bad service
    Techon Digital
    www.techondigital.com

I ordered a camera on there website. The next day I received a phone call from them to confirm my order, they said. It turns out they wanted me to buy accessories at inflated prices. When I refused they got pushy and rude. After I said I had made a mistake dealing with them because of what I read from a report by BBB. They asked me if I wanted to cancel my order. I told them yes. Don't do like me, read the reports before you order. I wish I had. I would not deal with technodigital.

• Ea
      11th of Sep, 2008

They did the same thing to me. I ordered Nikon coolpix S550 camera on there website. The next day I received a phone call from them to confirm my order, they said. It turns out they wanted me to buy accessories at inflated prices. When I refused they got pushy and rude. That if I did not want the accessories they would have to cancel my order, like a treat or something . Well Jim, I said I had made a mistake dealing with them. I think he wanted a part on the Sopranos (not good enough).Bad company stayaway.

• Bi
      23rd of Oct, 2008

That seems to be how they do business. If you don't buy the high price accessories they make little or no profit. They told me the camera was on back order for 3-4 weeks and they would call again before shipping in a month. Something is wrong when they are advertising a camera for $165 that is $250 at the next cheapest retailer. The sales tactics to sell the items are total lies, test battery included is good for just 10 minutes, only the SD cards they sell will work, not a US model and the plug is from Japan and will not work in America. Total nonsense and lies in attempt to get more money out of the buyers. Sad but I'm sure some "suckers" fall for it and really pay big $$.

• Sc
      7th of Dec, 2008

This is all 100% true! It happened to me too.

• Sc
      7th of Dec, 2008

Just to clarify, that was my brother posting.

• Ho
      12th of Mar, 2009

Been dealing with this guy for a week... REALLY BAD EXPERIENCE.. he (the guy refered to above )is also BayCamers.com. All of the above is true and then some!!! You'll reconize his voice when you call to verify your order. I canceled immediately. With all the complaints how do you get this guy shut down!!!
    QUESTION anyone know how to get your personal INFO deleated from his site... techondigital.com????? Please Email me, I've tried Live search, on "How to remove Info from un-Reputable site"... nothing really applies... help!!! Guess I just cancel my card... tomorrow Ugh!
    Honestly at stardustacres@hotmail.com

• Cm
      3rd of May, 2009

I can't believe we can't shut this guy down. My wife and i call to cancel my order after reviewing the complaints all over the net and he hung up in my wife face. It's a shame he's still in business this guy has 6 different business names. Just look him up on BBB.

• Te
      12th of Aug, 2016
    Techon Digital - Unfair treatment
    TECHON DIGITAL / J&J DIGITAL
    techondigital.com

I was looking for a garmin nuvi 755t. I found one using everyprice.com. It said 335. 00 which is a great price for this since it retails for 499. 00. So i ordered it, then i got an email saying that i need to call to confirm my order, so i did. It was ext 205, that i got. I confirmed all my info then he starts telling me that i need this and that and it won't work right with out it. I am not very knowledgable about the gps system so i said no at first then he kept knocking off $, 50 then 60. So i said ok, then he said i need a warranty because if i sent in the gps to garmin they will charge me 40% of it original value to fix it. He seemed to know what he was talking about. Well by the time i said yes to everything i thought i needed the new total was 939. Oo!! Well i tried to call back and cancelled they ordered a few mins after i made it, he told me just wait, see if you like it and if you don't send it back you have 7 days. I said ok, because i really wanted. So i get the package and by that time i had made up my mind i didn't really need all that crap, since i told everybody what had happened and they said i was scammed! I call the customer service department told them i wanted to send it back, i told them why then they send me back to ext 205. They same shumck that sold it to me. I explained to him why, then he proceeds to tell me that there is a 20% restocking fee, nobody not even him told me that, so i hung up on him. I waited a few mins and called back but then i asked for a manager. He got on the phone and told me that explain that on the website. Which is true:( he said"look this is what i am gonna do from you, on your next order i'm gonna give you free shipping and a 100$ off. I said well good for you because there will never be a next order! I hope nobody ever buys from them again! Just don't do it they are just pushy, sweet - talking scam artist! They even go buy different names, j&j digital and the digital expo!