techgeardirect.com / out of stock item promised and delivered wrong item

1 PO Box 80752Portland, OR, United States Review updated:

This company advertised an item on their website that we ordered on Dec. 12 and we did not hear from them until Dec. 23 that the item had shipped, the very day it was to arrive... so when we got it it was totally the wrong item and when we called they said the item we ordered was totally wrong. So, there you have it a totally worthless company that does not communicate very well the status of a shipment and then ships the wrong item all the while they were advertising an item that was out of stock. Sorry son... but you're not getting what you wanted for Christmas. I would highly recommend you avoid:

Ch

Comments

24th of Dec, 2008

i bought HP notebook from them in the past and it arrived faster than the tracking link did. but this was over the summer, i can't imagin that any retailer was 100% on top of inventory in Dec, especially with all the weather delays, i got all my x-mas shopping done before 10th! question, if you needed by christmas, why didn't you pay for Express service? better yet, why didn't you just call or email them about availbility instead?

• Te
      10th of Feb, 2009

I am currently dealing with same situation with techgeardirect.com. They shipped the wrong item back in December, I have been jumping through hoops since then (it is now mid-February) just trying to return it and get credit. Each step of the process they tell you it will be two to three weeks to respond...an absolute scam. They state " up to 15 days to respond to an RMA request", then once we had an RMA number their phone rep called and said it would be a few more weeks till some other department called to notify me of who and when the package would be picked up...they would not just let me ship it from my current location...had to be picked up at the location it was delivered. Then of course they never called back to provide the pick up information. I have submitted a further request to deal with the situation, which their auto-response assured me they would process my request within 10-15 days. Now of course, they will respond that the time limit on the RMA has expired (has to be completed within 30 days) and will deny everything. All I can say is "Buyer beware"...this company has the shadiest business practices and worst customer service I have dealt with yet.

25th of Feb, 2009

i did a return with them and i must say, i didn't read the return policy - so i got upset to soon and took the wrong action with them that delayed my process. but the rep John who i worked with was very helpful! they picked up the merchandise and i got my refund too, it took 31/2 weeks but it was my faught any cause i bought the wrong item.