Comments

• Ji
      11th of Aug, 2008

I went through a similar experience. I saw this ad on careerbuilder.com and i send my resume and a lady called angela khang contacted me scheduled an interview with a guy called christopher trista. It sounded like a great opportunity but guys i'm telling you this is the new way of getting peoples money. They will tell you that the training is free and stuff but there is a lot of hidden costs in it. In other words if you wanna get microsoft certification just go to microsoft.com and they have all the details in it. You dont have to go thru techpros group to get certifications. I got out of it before it was too late so ya all of you guys just be careful.

• Th
      4th of Sep, 2008

Thanks for all your comments, you saved me time and money.

Remember the good old saying 'if it sounds too good to be true is probably is'

• Th
      15th of Sep, 2008

Has anyone tried they're web site lately? www.techprosgroup.com

• My
      18th of Dec, 2008

Thank you for posting this comment! I have come across the site and was thinking about giving it a go. But did a search before hand to see hwat info I could dig up on the company first - which lead me to this site.
    I am so glad to find out about it first and not be taken. Times are rough for everyone right now - so loosing money to scammers is not helpful.

Thank you!

• Dy
      1st of Sep, 2009

I'd like to comment on those who are giving LAN/WAN a bad wrap. I am a tech with over 10 years under my belt. I lacked certifications and stumbled upon this program. I do agree that it sounded too good to be true, but I went for it anyway to progress in my field. Overall, It was a great experience. They provide a fair amount of hands on and also gave me the knowledge on how to pass my MCSA and CCNA which I did within a month after completing the program.

They do claim it to be an scholarship/internship, but it is more of a pay your way as opposed to the free ride you generally hear about. These hidden fees mentioned are all on paper and are not hidden at all. You pay for your airfare room/board and book fees all of which is refunded if you are accepted into the elite program of the CCIE internship.

After going through the program, they do tac 20% of your annual salary for a year as stated which isn't bad considering they damn near doubled my salary. However, I settled with them as they provide you with that option to pay them prior to landing a job for an amount that came to about 10%.

All in all, if you are considering going here for certification training - my advice is to don't hold back. DO it now while you have the opportunity - They are professional and good people and get you certified regardless of what you may read online.

Thanks LAN/WAN

- Chris Branca

• Do
      24th of Dec, 2010

You would have to be a complete idiot not to question as to why this company has changed names three times now that I know of. It started out as ICTP, and that is when the scams inception began. From there it went to "tech pros group" and now apparently "LAN/WAN professionals." Why so many name changes? Oh yeah, because when any one company gets enough bad press, they change names and become a new entity. That is the way things have always been done. I almost went to that place before reality slapped me in the face and I knew Copeland was pressing the issue as hard as he was because he wanted to get paid. The Choi brothers (albeit I heard Eric's brother is no longer a part of this ponzi scheme, good for him) pretty much bankroll Copeland into getting students in the door and "running game" on everyone to make it sound like an exciting opportunity. Does anyone do their homework? I've talked to the individuals investigating the first company and you yourself have to wonder if this was such an amazing opportunity, how come the "school" is no longer able to accept student loans? The reason for that is because the state of California has banned them from accepting them anymore. They take all the money, and once they reach a nice sum, they close the school down and open up somewhere else in Irvine. They have an even better system now since all those student loans attracted so many investigations. NOW, they just have you sign a contract that makes you give them 20% of your earnings for one year. They are literally just robbing you on a far more personal level now than they ever were prior. They just reach right into your bank account, whether you have a job or not, and take what they assume they've somehow earned. Anybody who signs up for this pipe dream educational opportunity will see how things work, but unfortunately for you to truly see this, you'll have to sign the dotted line. After completion you'll start seeing how people aren't as friendly to you anymore. If you want a bunch of certs that you did nothing to earn but study test answers, then you can do that yourself without spending $24, 000 or whatever it is they charge you now. But I urge you to go to an actual community college or a sponsored vocational program and leave these charlatans alone. If you believe their BS, then I have some swamp land for sale in Florida.

Students be warned. All the evidence is there. They might be able to change their name, but a zebra never changes its stripes. These folks will just find more and more cunning ways to get your money, and they operate this way because in California, there are loopholes to the laws stipulating education. If you'd like more information about exactly what I'm referring to, please call the below number and become informed. These guys have scammed a lot of hard working, honest people out of their livelihood, some coming even as far as Europe. Don't let them scam you too.

BPPVE's website is http://bppve.ca.gov/

and phone number is (916) 574-7720.

Call the number and ask them about Eric and Ray Choi and of course your favorite "Vice President" Steve Copeland.

Have a nice day.