Teamhost / Rented a gameserver for 1 month that they shutted down in 4 days

United States Review updated:
I have rented a gameserver from them and i payed with paypal.On day 5(17 march 2009) the problems started(too be true on day 1 support is so slow and ignoring customers ). So i made a ticket because start, stop, restart wasnt working on gamepanel and on 18 March 2009 my server went offline and i couldnt start it.So i made another ticket but again nobody answered.On 19 march 2009 i saw my server had a new owner .I posted on forum, xfire, IRC, msn, steam but they didnt answer me.On forum they replyed too other but not too me.I had enough made a paypal complain too get my money back.And then they started too talk too me on IRC.i should remove the complain and then they would help me .I didnt believe them because why they shouldn do it now?why should i reject my complain first?.Then they said i got time till this evening and then they will delete my account etc.

At the moment they deleted my account and paypal doesnt want too help me.The host doesnt answers me anymore.

A  10th of May, 2009 by
I also rented off teamhost (for 8months+) and had just paid my monthly subscription :( As far as I can tell the admins have all vanished into thin air. I belive they owe alot of people money as they had to close due to a DoS attack, people which paid for dedicated servers for 6-12months and clans will be hit worse than we were though. There are a couple of hosting companys offering discounted prices if you were a teamhost customer before though so you might want to look into one of them. Dustworld (www.dustworld.net) and uvgaming (www.uvgaming.co.uk). Also efrag (www.e-frag.co.uk) and HGgaming (www.hggaming.com)) offer similar prices to what teamhost did. This may not help you get your money back but might make searching for a new better host a bit easyier :)
A  4th of Jun, 2009 by
Rubbish customer skills and their tech support is disjointed. (have two pages of IRC logs showing exactly that if anyone is interested!)

OK until you get problems and then they fail big style. Avoid at all costs and move to e-frag or a similar (decent) company

N  20th of Jun, 2009 by
If you contact me via jay@xfileservers.net I shall see what prices we can offer you, our website is www.xfileservers.net check us out.
N  9th of May, 2013 by
They were attacked because of there lack of Customer service skills.
They took the piss out of the wrong person.