Tealwood Apartments / cigarette smoke coming from vent from tenant beneath me. Can not use my air or heat due to this.

Tealwood Apartments
6400 Tealcove Dr
Phone: 817 572 2185
I live on the second floor of a 1 bedroom apt. I have a tenant beneath me, that smokes so much that her window blinds are yellow. I can not turn my heat/ac on because everytime I do, her 2nd hand smoke comes into my apartment. I could understand if it was a food smell but its not. Now my clothes and furniture are smelling like a Bar! This should corrected!!! Why do I have to go without heat or air conditioning because I dont want to smell like that.. and at the same time I have to pay my full amount of rent.. And the aparment manager has told me several home remedies to correct it.. I should not have to invest any of my money on this. All I wanna do is have a smoke free apartment. In addition, I have asked to be relocated to another apartment, but I am too picky.. They are right about that, I should have NEVER went to these apartments. Now I am stuck in a year contract, and want out.. I should not have to pay anything to relocate, so I can breathe like a normal person!! I WILL MAKE SURE TO TELL ALL OF MY CO-WORKERS AND FRIENDS, NOT TO EVEN THINK ABOUT THIS PLACE.. ITS A NIGHTMARE!!

N  6th of Jan, 2009 by
Contact OSHA http://www.osha.gov/as/opa/worker/complain.html and file a complaint against the

Apartment complex in that their building code is not up to par. Also contact your local city or town building code ordinance and let them know the same thing.

The apartment complex should move you to another unit free of charge, and in fact they should give you about a $100 discount on your next rent payment for all your troubles.

Also you might want to contact the American Lung Association and see if they want to help out in this matter. You are not only getting poisoned by all the smoke but there might be some asbestos getting through the cracks. This will affect you in your later years.