TD Bank / fraud reimbursement and overdraft fees

1753 Connecticut Ave, Washington DC, DC, United States Review updated:
Phone: 202-232-4837

I am a victim of ATM fraud in which someone stole $500 and then $200 immediately afterwards. I informed the bank the day after it occurred. They took a month to start an investigation and then a couple of days to deny the claim. They said the PIN was used and the Card was not stolen so it wasn't fraud. I never shared my PIN with anyone and I never lost my card. I check on line to find out how this could happen. Lo and behold ATM skimming that had been reported in various locations around the Washington Metro area that I lived. I told them this and they said it didn't exist. I reference news articles from washington post and other reputable sources. TD bank in other locations around the US and Canada has been the ones reporting ATM skimming. I filed a police report and the investigator said they'd be in contact with the police. Only after I lodged a complaint with the OCC and Attorney general did they contact the police and said regardless of what is on the ATM video tapes they will not refund the money. During all of this they have continued to charge me over draft fees. After depositing $1000 to bring me back into good standing they froze the money and continued to charge overdraft fees. They will not close the account and I have no other recourse but to complaint. I have been a victim of fraud and now a victim of TD bank.

Comments

• Le
      Nov 22, 2010

MY APOLOGIES IF THIS DOES NOT APPLY TO YOUR COMPLAINT. TRYING TO GET TD BANK TO PAY FOR WHAT THEY HAVE DONE TO THEIR CUSTOMERS!

For those of you inquiring about a lawsuit and are interested in becoming a class member, there is a lawfirm working on putting a class action lawsuit together. The more complaints and proof the attorneys have, the better the chances are at winning a substantial amount. Substantial enough for TD Bank to improve their business practices. I just finished sending in my information to the Trief & Olk Law Firm.
    There is also a website where the firm is retrieving complaints from Go to http://www.bank-overdraft.com/cases/td.htm

Here is what you should do:

1. Keep all receipts for your debit card transactions to support your actual date and time of transaction.

2. Print the daily transactions reports off of the website DAILY, EVERY SINGLE DAY (This REALLY shows how they are re-ordering transactions, if you could see mine you would shake your head!!! BIG TIME... I got these thieves GOOD).

3. Print the pending transactions as well.

4. When complaining to TD Bank, rather than calling them - email them through the website for documentation and proof.

Hope this helps.

IGNORE THE PEOPLE WHO TELL YOU TO BLAME YOURSELVES!!! AND DO SOMETHING THAT WILL BENEFIT YOU AND OTHERS! WELLS FARGO HAD TO PAYOUT $300 MIL. HOPEFULLY WE'LL EVENTUALLY GET ALL BANKS TO DO THE RIGHT THING!!!

HAPPY HOLIDAYS TO YOU AND YOURS!!!