TD Bank / service and fees

Lawrenceville, NJ, United States Review updated:

I originally came to Commerce Bank 11 years ago for my first checking account because it was the bank trusted and used by all of my family and friends. Since the TD transition, I have noticed increasing drops in standard, service and courtesy; including the lack of courtesy I experienced today in your Quakerbridge Road branch, which is exactly why I’m switching banks. I came in today to discuss 3 $9 fees that came out of my savings account and to begin to close my accounts. I was not informed about the 6-transfers per month rule nor was I told that there would be a $9 fee if I transferred more than 6 times in a month. According to the arrogant young man whom I worked with today, I should have been given a pamphlet on the subject upon my bank visits. Well, I have direct deposit and I do all my banking online… I only come to the bank in rare emergency situations… so when is it that customers like ME would be informed about these fees?
Back when I was charged $9 for the first time in the beginning of February, I called YES2000 and the woman rep told me that the $9 fee basically bought me 6 more transactions for that month, and I believed her…. Only to be charged it again twice more in February! Not only is this irresponsible business practice, but the fact that your branch Manager‘s outrageous attitude of “well she’s closing her accounts anyway so who cares, no refund” just infuriated me even more!!
The fee situation is what gave me the final push to Citi Bank and your incompetent and arrogantly displeasing staff was just the icing on the cake. I’m sure that the same family of mine who brought me to Commerce will join me in walking away from TD Bank. I’ve never been so offended in my life.
Acquiring contact information to voice my frustration was another aggravating feat. I’m so fed up!

Comments

• Lv
      30th of Mar, 2012

So I'm supposed to constantly look for changes??? No, they should have sent me the information. Mail or email or even a phone call. Unacceptable

30th of Mar, 2012

& their staff who I reached out to when I noticed the fee, should have provided accurate information. Their incompetance is nacceptable

30th of Mar, 2012

More of a reason to leave TD: they have people like you hired to stick up for their arrogance & incompetance

• Mw
      25th of Apr, 2012

I have an account with TD, Wells Fargo and Chase. Whenever they make any changes I am always notified by a letter in the mail.