TD Bank / fraudulent fees

Opened an account in July 2009. Last transaction was posted Aug 2009. Called in March 2010 to close account while still in free promotional period with a positive balance of approximately $3. No correspondence until today, 9/23/10, when I get a letter stating they are sending my account to a collection agency for $46.83 due to under-balance fees and overdraft charges. The overdraft charges for the under-balance fees which should never have been levied in the first place. Called Customer Service to discuss the issue and alert them to their system error. Was informed that I should have visited a branch and spoken to a manager to confirm that a $3 account was closed. Are you kidding me?? They "forgave" the $20 overdraft charge because I was upset but are still sending the account to collections for $26.83 unless I bring the account to a zero balance within the next 10 days. So basically they're threatening to hurt my credit rating unless I give them $30 they never had any right to. I will NEVER do business with them again and will strongly advise everyone I know not to either.

Ju

Comments

• Mi
      25th of Jun, 2011

call centers under stafed td pigs will not hire heip

25th of Jun, 2011

td banks are greedy pigs

td banks are pigs

• Br
      28th of Jan, 2012

I received a collection notice for fees added to the account after the account was closed. It is hard to find someone in the most "Convenient Bank" customer service area to do anything but see the error... but they can not correct the error. They suggested going to the branch were the account was close 11 months ago and see if they can help. This is just another example about how sloppy TD Bank is and how they will run up fees and not be responsive to the customer.