TCIM Services / Worst company EVER

1 3050 Clarksville St.Paris, TX, United States Review updated:
Phone: 903-784-3400

I worked for TCIM in Paris, Texas twice. The first time, I was hired in July 2008 and I was only there for 5 weeks. The reason being because, after being on the floor for 3 days, after 3 weeks of training, they deleted me from the system. I was then told I would be put back in the next day, and I was sent home without pay, even though I was told during training that if any mistakes were made on their part, I would be paid. Two weeks later, I was still not put back in the system, and went those 2 weeks without pay, so I quit.

The second time I worked for them, I was hired in December 2008. The only reason I even considered going back was because I had no other job options at the time. I was employed this time around for a total af 3 months. During this 3 months, I never saw a dime of my sales bonus...NEVER. I was told numerous times that I had not done the sales call correctly, and therefore would not be paid, even though they had been correct. We had our scripts changed several different times during the course of my 3 months, all versions riddled with lies to get the customer to buy the product. We were also told that we must use any means necessary to get our sales, including lying, which may have been the reason I was not a 'good' salesperson, by TCIM standards, because I refused to lie.

Oh, and I forget to mention, there is so much drug trafficking going on in TCIM that they should have the DEA investigate them extensively. I have never seen so much drug usage on company property in my life. I even personally witnessed 3 people get fired for rolling a blunt (marijuana) in my training class.

I strongly recommend that anyone with any sense whatsoever stay as far away from that company as possible, unless you want to be caught up in the scandal that is TCIM.

Mk

More TCIM Services Complaints & Reviews

Comments

• Am
      21st of Aug, 2009

I belive you, I work for them now its a reck I have no other choice to work there here in Longview, TX no one is hiring . But it a lot of drugs and they not professinal there at all At&t Clients stay there to see if they doing what they suppose to. When mangerment find out they coming they tell us we can't wear our shorts or jeans we have to dress up for clients. tainers let the employee sleep in training classes here in Longview, TX nothing been said or done about it. They really loud in the training classes and out on the floor it just a big mess. At&t talking about taking they program away from them here in Longview, TX because sales not doing good. i have work in numbers of call centers but this one is really not good they don't have they stuff together at all. they fired numbers of people for no reason at all. why not let some of that mangerment crap go instead of the good people that's on the phones. they treat all those blk good because they all friends and know each other and also the gays as well pregnant womens get miss treated they let others pick on them for no reason I seen it for myself its not right. I think pregnant people is human they have feelings and they need respect too. AT&T CLIENTS AND TCIM MANGERMENT KRISTY WHOEVER OR THE BIG BOSS WHO OVER THIS PLACE YOU CAN'T TEACH OLD DOGS NEW TREATS (YOU CAN'T FIX UP SOMETHING THAT AREADY BEEN BROKEN MORE THEN ONCE )YOU CAN'T MAKE NOTHING INTO SOMEBODY THAT WAS ALREADY NOTHING. DEAL WITH YOUR MANGERMENT BECAUSE IT A LOT OF PEOPLE THINKS YOUR MANGERMENT CRAP SOME OF THOSE LOUD MOUTH PEOPLE YOU NEED TO TRAIN THEM OVER AND NOT BE FOCES ON YOU PEOPLE GETTING RICH WHAT ABOUT THESE REPS THAT HAVE FAMILY TO PROVIDE FOR YOU PEOPLE NOT PAYING US NOTHING BUT THE BOTTOM OF THE FOOD CHAIN WHEN YOU GUYS GETTING $13 TO $15 DOLLARS AN HOUR THAT'S WHY YOU SIT DOWN BEHIND THE DESK MAYBE YOU PAY YOUR REPS. WHAT THEY NEED AND MORE MAYBE THEY WILL DO THE DAM JOB RIGHT. I AGREE WITH ALL I HAVE READ HERE AND OTHER POST ON DIFFRENT WEBSITES

• Nj
      23rd of Aug, 2009

File a complaint with the EEOC for discrimination. And file a complaint with the Federal Department of Labor for unpaid wages. I need a job desperately, but everything I have read online about this company, it sounds like a joke. I just left a company that was the worst place I have ever been in my life, people hollered and screamed at you for no reason, kicked things, treated you like a dog. I got so depressed I could not stand it any more and walked out.

• Do
      30th of Oct, 2009

About a month ago I was defrauded into accepting a 'bundle' package from a caller who identified himself as being ‘with AT&T’, that was to save money on our phone bill each month. This caller turned out to work for TCIM, a 'vendor', as AT&T customer service calls them and did not mention the extra 'hidden' charges or the Internet services at a cost of an additional $19.96 per month that I never ordered or would never have approved. The reason I didn't order or approve is that a division of our company owns a web hosting company and domain name service, which was never even mentioned during the phone conversation and I would not buy due to our company owning it’s own. However, the telemarketer at TCIM was not aware of that division of our company and placed these charges on our next statement thinking we would not notice the charges. I called the AT&T customer service line and talked to someone who knew about the promotion, but needed to conference with the actual salesman. He came on the line and said that he would call me back in 20 minutes and play a recording of our previous conversation. The reason fraudulent companies make recordings is due to not only class action law suits (which is now being processed) but to dance where misleading offers or even outright lies are told to the customers. He never called back. So I got the number for TCIM to call him. They did not answer the phone. I called AT&T again and they connected me with a supervisor there that said she would check into all this and call me back. I’m still waiting. The thing that bothers be most at least at this point, is that these people have access to my AT&T account, statements, notes of all calls, a record of company and personal calls and other private information. Needless to say we will be leaving AT&T services for another phone company, mainly due to this kind of access they freely give a 'vendor' of this kind, but also for hiring this company in the first place, without obviously checking them out first. I'll update when this goes before our county DA's office next week.

• Gr
      20th of May, 2010

Some of your complaint is certainly valid about corporations giving vendors access to information...that's an issue to adress with the corporation. However, the actual service that TCIM provides AT&T and its customers is no more dishonest than a house builder subbing out to a drywall contractor. The drywaller serves both the customer and the builder, it's called contracting, and it is both legal and honest. TCIM is authorized by AT&T to update customer accounts and inform them of AT&T's newest promotions..and in fact, TCIM perfoms this service for several corporations. When it becomes dishonest and illegal is when a call representative adds a service without informing you...that is caled "slamming" and it's against federal law and carries stiff fines and usually immediate termination for an employee who does it. Where you have to really listen is at the end of the transaction when they go through the item by item names and charges...they are required by TCIM to do this and I for one know that this policy is enforced. Slamming is mostly a thing of the past, at least relative to how widely practiced it was before Congress addressed the issue. If you have been slammed, you should pursue it further, do not be put off, professionals in the telemarketing industry don't want slammers working among us, they hurt our business and our livlihood overall. One thing I can tell you: the recording you mentioned does most assuredly exist, you can bet on that. But to call TCIM a fraudulent company is false...it is a very old company that is well known to the FCC and is certainly not operating illegally. I can see how customers would become angry at being called so frequently, that is an issue I don't see a fix for, keep in mind that AT&T does provide the phone services and the lines actually belong to them, not their customers, who are paying to use them. Unless you have the power, money and knowhow to go out and start laying access lines, or want to use carrier pigeons, there is really no getting away form that. Have a nice day.

• Le
      8th of Jul, 2010

I think one of these complaints in particular would be much more believable if the person could spell!

• Be
      20th of Sep, 2010

I believe that people should be more accountable.  These complaints are all one sided with no mention of their own actions and as Everyone knows... There are two sides to every story.  Even to stories that have been fancifully fabricated like these.

I'm proud to say that I have been given the opportunity to advance in my career at TCIM Services.  "Given" may be the wrong choice of words as their expectation is that you earn your chance to advance.  We do not apologize for being a Performance driven company.  This is a difficult concept for some so if you are one of those people who expect a hand out then I would recommend that you apply for a job somewhere else.

For those of you who are willing to take accountability for your part I would recommend that you speak to a member of our HR team for your specific concern.  I know from experience that your voice does get heard at this company.  You may not always get the response you desired but the response is always fair.

The fact that TCIM Services maintains an A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau and works with some of the most reputable companies Globally is no coincidence!

• Os
      1st of Oct, 2010

I have worked for TCIM. I will not say that TCIM as a whole is a "bad company", but I would never advise someone to apply for the one I worked at. They will tell you about all this money you'll be getting, how you'll get a certification bonus as soon as you're certified to be on the sales floor, and how you'll get a dollar raise when you get certified. What they don't mention is that in order to receive your commission checks, you have to have a high CRIFT and attendance score. This wouldn't be an issue, except for the fact that it is hard to even GET a CRIFT score in the first place, much less a high one. CRIFT is based on customer reviews of your level of customer service; however, the customer sometimes will rate the company and not the representative, leaving you with a low score and no money to show for all the sales you've made. Oh, and that $100 bonus and $1 raise when you get certified? You'll get those after 120 days. Maybe. I don't really know because I didn't stay that long and don't know anyone who has. Also, the supervisors will tell you to do anything to get their call handle time down. They will tell you to transfer a call as soon as possible so that your handle time won't go up. Then, they'll tell you NOT to transfer anyone because they got in trouble for the high volume of transfers from their team. So then you can't transfer a customer, but you can't stay on the phone with them for more than 430 seconds. That's almost always a catch 22 because of how difficult it is to solve a customer's problem in under 7 minutes without transferring them. But if you're making a sale, they don't care how long you're on the phone as long as you complete the sale... shouldn't that be the other way around? As an AT&T customer, I'm really irritated that the representatives that are trained to take my calls and solve my problems are told to get me off the phone ASAP unless they're selling me something. If I call in about a problem, and it is solvable, I would want the problem to be solved even if I have to be on the phone for 30 minutes. Also, the supervisors there are not great. I was on the floor for barely a week and they would get pissed if I had a question. They made me feel stupid on a daily basis for asking questions so that I could provide the best customer service to the customer. Also, they make you offer on every single call... I do understand that the company is based on sales and they need us to offer on calls in order to keep the company alive, but if someone calls me and is crying saying that they have to get some things taken off of their account or they will be forced to disconnect it, I'm going to remove everything they ask me to and not offer them a bunch of other stuff to make their bills even higher! Is that not putting AT&T at risk to lose a customer because they can't afford to buy these things and it makes them feel bad? There are enough people who call in specifically to set up new services that they don't have to push for a sale on every single call. Those are the only sales I would get some days, and I would have several. I would love to see this particular location become a more customer service oriented one. If there is a place to offer something, offer it. If the customer has a need for it, or it will save them money, offer it. But if people are calling and are not in the position to buy something, and offering that something will not save them money, I see no point in offering because they're not going to buy it and it's just gonna piss them off.

Also, I know that I am not the only one who feels this way. This particular location has such a high turnover rate that they will not allow their employees to get their checks on friday at lunchtime when they need them, because they are afraid they will take their checks and not return. I started training in mid-August with a class of 20. By the first week of "nesting", there were 6. As of yesterday, there are 2. Some quit because they couldn't keep up... Most quit because they hated it so much. One never got certified because he couldn't get calls that would allow him to offer. He had too much of a heart and couldn't offer to every customer.

Like I said, I don't have any problems with the company itself, but the one I worked at was unfortunate. I'm happy that it provides a lot of jobs for people, and if they can handle the job, more power to them. I just figured I would share my opinion.

• Be
      7th of Oct, 2010

Great feedback for the most part. Did you share your feedback with the HR or Associate Engagement Teams? I know that they listen & try to resolve concerns when possible. Truth is, it isn't the job for everyone as it does require you to be very sales driven. I've never had a bad experience like you. My supervisors were tenured and helped me learn how to control my handle time. I also learned that the more calls I take the more opportunity I have to sell something. That doesn't mean I rush people off the phone w/out resolving their issue. It simply means that I've gotten better at identifying the issue and communicating resolution quickly. This is good news for the customer as I valued their time not to mention the time I've shortened for any customers who are on hold. I used to have a problem with offering on every call too. Until someone pointed out that all companies up sell to generate more revenue for the company (hence the phrase "would you like fries with that?" or "did you save room for desert") but this is a positive for the customer too. Those who cannot accept offer don't but at least they now have better knowledge of their options. Often times I actually have saved the customer some money by bundling products together. Yes they are spending a little more with us but we helped to reduce their over all spend based on them not needing other companies to provide internet, cable, wireless, etc. Yes. I do love my job and the company has good values and treats me well. No. It's not perfect but they care enough to work on it. I've recommended many to apply. Some have stayed, some have been promoted and some have left. Like I said, it's not for everybody. I will continue to recommend TCIM to those who have good customer service skills, natural drive and desires advancement opportunities! They have taught me a lot and done right by me.

• Kr
      6th of Dec, 2010

t.c.i.m is a horriable place to work and most deffiantly a last option i worked there three times for a total of six weeks put together i felt like i was on a prision yard everyone who has been locked up works there and the pay is horrible. They do tell you to lie to make a sell then dont pay you for doing so. So many drugs you would be safer at a RAVE i dont know about all of them but this is the one in longview tx. i slept most of time there but when i was awake it was horrible.

• Tr
      10th of Aug, 2011

Yeah you slept most of the time there And you say its bad company. Wow maybe if you actually worked you would keep a job every now and again. Jesus

• Sr
      30th of Aug, 2011

Its funny people get a job and decide to slack off then complain...they are the same people riding the system and expect the government to help them out...its not that hard to wake ilup and work...be a productive member of society..

• Oh