TCIM Services / Terrible company

1 1233 West LindseyNorman, OK, United States Review updated:
Phone: 405-447-1271

I was terminated, on Monday, 4/29/02, after 15 months employment as a telemarketer, from TCIM Services in Norman, Oklahoma. I am 49 years old and received my one year employment raise, of 50 cents an hour, in February of 2002.

I was terminated after already filing 3 EEOC complaints against TCIM, over the course of almost a year. My first 2 complaints on TCIM resulted in me obtaining from EEOC 2 letters granting a 90 day right to sue in Federal Court, but I did not pursue the matter, instead hoping things would improve. The initial complaint was for sexual harassment.

I filed my third EEOC complaint, filed in March 2002, against TCIM for retaliation (thus I was fired after this complaint was filed and TCIM had been notified of the complaint) and I am in the process of filing another complaint for retaliatory termination after discussing latest developments by phone with EEOC.

I also documented a musculoskeletal disorder complaint (the ring and little fingers on my left hand became permanently numb) most probably due to holding the handset, because TCIM was too cheap to buy mouthpieces for the headsets so we could all use the headsets. Numerous other TCIM employees have complained of the same ailment.

TCIM refused every request (documented in correspondence to EEOC) I made under the Freedom of Information Act, to provide me with copies of spurious TCIM write ups (saying it was against company policy) and fired me for tape recording (TCIM tape recorded our sales and sales pitches and should have been well aware of tape recording laws and my legal right to tape record TCIM) TCIM reprimands and harassment and answering my fellow employees' questions about my problems with the company and my EEOC complaints. By telling me I could not tape record, TCIM managers violated State & Federal tape recording laws and my civil and legal rights.

I would appreciate your comments. I have on tape the TCIM Branch Manager telling me I am being fired for answering employee questions about my problems with the company, talking to employees badly about the company and for continuing to tape record on TCIM premises after I was first warned not to in January of 2002.

I had great work attendance, good sales and received several sales awards, 3 of which I retained for documentation purposes. Needless to say, TCIM has a very heavy turnover. -----

I forgot to mention that TCIM deceives their telemarketing clients by having the telemarketers use 'short scripts'(written by the telemarketers or TCIM) instead of the client approved 'long scripts' the clients provide and contract to be used. During client visits to TCIM and even during long distance client telephone monitoring sessions, the telemarketers are ordered to go verbatim using the client provided 'long scripts' as long as the telemarketers are subject to client scrutiny. As soon as visiting clients go to lunch or leave TCIM premises or hang up on the monitoring phones the telemarketers are told to revert back to the 'short scripts' because 'short scripts' sell better.

Friends told me the Oklahoma State Attorney General made some comments on television news broadcasts about 'short scripts'. The friends did not hear if he said they were illegal. I am wondering if fraud is a possibility in TCIM lying to their contracted clients about how these 'long scripts' are supposedly always used?

Drug use is prevalent at TCIM as well, among supervisors and general workers especially. Reference USA listed corporate TCIM headquarters as TCIM SVC, 1011 Center RD #403, Wilmington, DE [protected], phone number [protected], Fax [protected], toll free [protected] (this is the correct company controlling Norman TCIM as I have faxed them repeatedly and in response received phone calls from the TCIM Human Resources Executive Linda Schellenger, while I was at work) and also listed estimated sales for 2001 as $20 to $50 Million!

He

More TCIM Services Complaints & Reviews

Comments

• Lb
      16th of Mar, 2009

I WAS AN EMPLOYEE OF TCIM FOR 24 MONTH FOR THE TIME THAT I WAS THERE THERE WAS SO MUCH PROBLEMS WITH THE SUPERVISOR CUSSING THE EMPLOYEE OUT TREATING THERE TSA LIKE THEY WERE CHILDREN AND WHEN I GOT INTOAN AUTO WRECK TCIM SUPERVISOR CALLED ME UP SEVERAL TIMES AND TOLD ME THAT I WAS FIRED AND AND THEN THEY DECIDED TO PUT ME ON DISABLITY LEAVE TAKE IT MY BACK WAS HURT AND AND FINALLY THEY FIRED ME OVER ALL THE SEVICE I PUT INTO THE COMPANY TCIM IS NOTTHE BEST CHOSE FOR EMPLOYMENT

AND FINALLY WHEN I GET BACK IN GEAR MY BACK HEALED UP I GO APPLY FOR EMPLOYMENT JUST TO HAVE EMPLYMENT TO PAY MY BILLS FOR THE TIME UNTIL I FINE SOMETHING BETTER

TCIM RECUITTER HAD TOLD ME THAT I WAS NOT ELIBABLE FOR REHIRE DUE TO THE FACT THAT I HAD FAMILY VOLIENCE CHARGE ON MY RECORD TAKE IT NVER ELIGABLE FOR REHIRE AT TCIM THAT IS DISCRIMATION AGIANST THAT PERSON FOR MAKTIKES THAT THEY MKAE WRONG IN THERE LIFE LONGVIEW TCIM IS THE WORST CALL CENTER THERE IS DUE TO THE FACT IT IS OUT OF CONTOL BY THE SUPERVIOR AND THE OPERATION MANGER LETTS THE SUPERVIOSOR GET AWAY WITH ALL

• Cs
      24th of Apr, 2009

You are both a bunch of hacks.

The first person wrote "By telling me I could not tape record, TCIM managers violated State & Federal tape recording laws and my civil and legal rights." You waived your "rights to record" when you signed off on the security documentation on day one of training (note: before you even start with the 2002 BS, I was there and I know for a fact that all TCIM employees sign off on this). I'm sure that TCIM's attorneys would be more than happy to provide you this documentation if you truly were stupid enough to take them on in court. As far as your "short script" rant, they are not and WERE NOT illegal nor do they necessarily violate Client contractual agreements. Some Clients prefer to hear the more lengthy scripts because they feel they get higher success during audits. I can promise you that if something was illegal, it would not pass three levels of double checking. This is especially true with a 100% double check through the TCIM and Client quality teams.

As for former employee number 2... I would guess... uh... uh... that you really didn't get the job again because you CAN'T SPELL!!! I also rather doubt the first part of your story since if you REALLY did work at TCIM for 24 months you would have easily qualified for FMLA and I can promise you they would not have terminated you for something that would qualify you for protection under federal law. Unless of course your domestic / personal issues caused you to not come back from your leave.

Listen. I've worked for TCIM for what I consider quite awhile (2000). I've seen my fair share of crazy stuff (e.g. fights, agents going crazy, profanity, stupid sups, etc). I was told by so many people that it was such an awful place to work; however, the reality is if you DO YOUR JOB, actually SHOW UP TO WORK, and act like a decent human being they (i.e. management) treat you well. I think people ### too much. They float from job to job looking for lawsuits or claiming harassment because they get disciplined for not doing something they are supposed to do. All jobs are what you make it. I've worked with both of your types over the years at TCIM. You never last long and judging by the first poster, you tend to spend most of your time just trying to stir up crap to get attention.

Don't get me wrong. TCIM has some bad apples just like any company and yes I have worked at some big name internal company call centers. Unless you work at some small office job with 3 or 4 people, you are going to have power hungry people that just want a Sup job so they can boss people around however I bet you there are actually a lot more good ones than bad ones. You just hear more about the bad management from bitter ex-employees that post rants on the internet to try and get other bitter people to agree to their rants and give them pats on the back.

By the way "Henry", good luck with your future postings. This is the 3rd site that I've seen it on. Reminds me of when a girl breaks up with a guy and he freakin' stalks her because he's a creep. You should really get a shrink if this thing has been bugging you since 02.

• Do
      30th of Oct, 2009

Here's a copy of a post from this week 10/30/09

About a month ago (September 2009) I was defrauded into accepting a 'bundle' package from a caller who identified himself as being ‘with AT&T’, that was to save money on our phone bill each month. This caller turned out to work for TCIM, a 'vendor', as AT&T customer service calls them and did not mention the extra 'hidden' charges or the Internet services at a cost of an additional $19.96 per month that I never ordered or would never have approved. The reason I didn't order or approve is that a division of our company owns a web hosting company and domain name service, which was never even mentioned during the phone conversation and I would not buy due to our company owning it’s own. However, the telemarketer at TCIM was not aware of that division of our company and placed these charges on our next statement thinking we would not notice the charges. I called the AT&T customer service line and talked to someone who knew about the promotion, but needed to conference with the actual salesman. He came on the line and said that he would call me back in 20 minutes and play a recording of our previous conversation. The reason fraudulent companies make recordings is due to not only class action law suits (which is now being processed) but to dance where misleading offers or even outright lies are told to the customers. He never called back. So I got the number for TCIM to call him. They did not answer the phone. I called AT&T again and they connected me with a supervisor there that said she would check into all this and call me back. I’m still waiting. The thing that bothers be most at least at this point, is that these people have access to my AT&T account, statements, notes of all calls, a record of company and personal calls and other private information. Needless to say we will be leaving AT&T services for another phone company, mainly due to this kind of access they freely give a 'vendor' of this kind, but also for hiring this company in the first place, without obviously checking them out first. I'll update when this goes before our county DA's office next week.

• Gr
      20th of May, 2010

Some of your complaint is certainly valid about corporations giving vendors access to information...that's an issue to adress with the corporation. However, the actual service that TCIM provides AT&T and its customers is no more dishonest than a house builder subbing out to a drywall contractor. The drywaller serves both the customer and the builder, it's called contracting, and it is both legal and honest. TCIM is authorized by AT&T to update customer accounts and inform them of AT&T's newest promotions..and in fact, TCIM perfoms this service for several corporations. When it becomes dishonest and illegal is when a call representative adds a service without informing you...that is caled "slamming" and it's against federal law and carries stiff fines and usually immediate termination for an employee who does it. Where you have to really listen is at the end of the transaction when they go through the item by item names and charges...they are required by TCIM to do this and I for one know that this policy is enforced. Slamming is mostly a thing of the past, at least relative to how widely practiced it was before Congress addressed the issue. If you have been slammed, you should pursue it further, do not be put off, professionals in the telemarketing industry don't want slammers working among us, they hurt our business and our livlihood overall. One thing I can tell you: the recording you mentioned does most assuredly exist, you can bet on that. But to call TCIM a fraudulent company is false...it is a very old company that is well known to the FCC and is certainly not operating illegally. I can see how customers would become angry at being called so frequently, that is an issue I don't see a fix for, keep in mind that AT&T does provide the phone services and the lines actually belong to them, not their customers, who are paying to use them. Unless you have the power, money and knowhow to go out and start laying access lines, or want to use carrier pigeons, there is really no getting away form that. Have a nice day.

• Am
      20th of May, 2010

I used to work in Human Resources/ Personnel. Did you fill out FMLA papework for your disability leave? You can't be fired if you have a doctor's note indicating that you are incapable of working and need to be on disability leave. If you are fired while on FMLA leave, and you followed all the policies and procedures and had a doctor following your medical treatment and providing medical documentation to your employer, thenyou have a discrimination case. Unfortunately, some shady companies don't inform their employees about what federal medical/family medical issues leave policies are available. And, supervisors and managers don't follow their owo companies policies either. They also falsify work records. That is why it is important to keep copies of all paperwork you turn in and to take notes for every conversation you have concerning your medical leave. But it is the employee's responsibility to ask what medical/disability policies and procedures and benefits are available to continue their income and right to return to their job classification. Educate yourself. Sometimes, all this information must be provided in languages other than English. Also, every employee has the right to view the contents of their personnel records once a year. You are able to make copies, too. Be aware that every employee usually has more than one type of personnel file. So, request to see all of them. Don't be intimated.

• Be
      1st of Oct, 2010

Seriously... "Poor me I hurt my back in a wreck. I can't spell. I have atrocious grammar and It's all TCIM's fault" Did you ever think that maybe you should hold yourself accountable for some of these issues? We all have them. Some obviously worse than others but deal with them & quit blaming a reputable company who holds an A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau, maintains an extremely impressive client portfolio, employees thousands in a struggling economy and still manages to give back to the community!

And as for "Former HR/Personnel" that is highly doubtful! Anyone a company like this hired into a position like that would definitely have the propensity to spell or at the minimum know what spell check was. They would also know that TCIM's Values would not allow for the dishonesty your suggesting nor would they intentionally & willfully break laws. Not only is it against what they stand for but they are also smart enough to know the negative impact this could have on a company. If you did actually work there in that capacity and had this kind of philosophy toward such sensitive and confidential matters then it's no wonder you are no longer employed by them.

What is apparent to me is that miserably negative people tend to stick together and try to lay blame on others for their problems. Stop whining and move on already. No. The company is not perfect but what company or individual is? I only know of one and I don't think you'll find Him on this site. It wasn't really His style. Thank God!

• Er
      23rd of Feb, 2011

It is amazing to me how defensive these folks are of TCIM. "Be Accountable" may have better grammar than the complainant, but grammar is not the issue. Most folks who work or worked for TCIM do not blame TCIM for their problems. Most folks who have worked there just know there is way too much room for improvement to take any store in their job there and they leave as soon as they can. Problem is, a lot of folks who have lost high-paying positions for whatever reason in this economy are desperate right now. They need a job and are willing to do whatever it takes to make a paycheck. We complainants just want others to know not to put all their eggs in TCIM's basket. Know what I mean? You're clearly intelligent, "Be Accountable." It sounds like you're faring better than average there. You're in management, right? I hope your success there continues.