TCF National Bank / NSF Charges
My son was charged $37 insufficient funds fee 5 times (total $185) despite depositing funds exceeding the negative balance prior to at least three of the transactions for which he was penalized. The tellers he talked to acknowledged this - they gave him receipts showing +ve balance, but maintain that transactions prior to clearing of checks still incur the $37 penalty regardless of what is showing as his account balance. They would not let my son, a freshman away from home, see the Bank manger or anyone else who may have the discretion to waive these ridiculous fees. I know the fine print he signed stipulated this fee, but should they not have warned him that he will be charged if he makes use of the money he deposited which was showing as positive balance? Paying $185 for withdrawals totaling less than $30 seems total ripoff .. does he have any recourse?
More TCF National Bank Complaints & Reviews
- TCF Bank - TCF takes advantage of their customers! 
- TCF Bank - Hold on cash deposit 
- TCF Bank - Worst customer service ever 
- TCF Bank - TCF to pay in class-action 
- TCF Bank - Fraud and Customer Service 
- TCF Bank / TCF Financial Corporation - I received an email indicating there was fraud on my checking account.
- TCF Bank / TCF Financial Corporation - dishonest and unethical business services
- TCF Bank / TCF Financial Corporation - tcf bank closed my account with no notifications 
- TCF Bank - poor management of my checking account
- TCF Bank - mortgage balloon, mortgage modification