TCF Bank / Loss of money from TCF atm!

1 Chicago, IL, United States Review updated:

On 3 Jan 08, I requested a withdrawal of $ 400.00, from my TCF saving acct. what I got was $200.00 instead, Keeping my hands in view of the camera after counting my funds I turned to recheck the atm money slot and found a hispanic customer making a transaction, I could not see any money in the slot at that point. Keeping my hands in sight of the camera I entered the TCF bank which was located next door. I showed the money I had been given from the atm and explained the problem, I requested that a check on the atm's funds amount before my request and after my transaction, of course this wasn't be done, so I submitted a report. 16 business days later I found out that they had only checked the amount at the end of the business day, of course they found the amounts matched, complaint denied. I have talked to other TCF customers who had loss money too, one woman stated she had lost $200.00 too in the atm, and never got her money back. My money was a SSDI deposit, and this money is all I get per month. I have bills only partially paid and had to buy much less food this month. luckily I have a TCF checking Acct for my HUD relocation payments so I can make up the loss for now. I noticed the Bank Manager's near hostile responded, but checking the before and after cash amount of the atm and the 2 or more cameras covering the bank area would have revealed I never put anything into my pockets and came directly into the the bank area.

Comments

Jo
  16th of Oct, 2008

i found out that the atms that say tcf are not run by or controlled by tcf bank. it is ran by an outside company which doesnt care bout your lost or problems. it just offers tcf bank people free withdrawls and makes its money from people that dont have a tcf bank account and get charged the 2 bucks for taking out money. so really they cant check the atms for how much money you lost and should have called the number on the atm and they would have fixxed your problem.

Ch
  31st of Dec, 2008

TCF has a system set up with their ATM network where it is impossible for anyone to present proof of ATM errors without a video tape of your entire transaction that you take yourself. Even in this case evidence may not be sufficient to have TCF admit any sort of fault. I even had a reciept from the ATM that said $0 was dispensed and that was not good enough. Their Regulation E specialists are a sham.

De
  20th of Sep, 2011

Hey Chris, the same thing just happened to me and gave me the same error messaage. Were you ever able to get your money back?