TCF Bank / Mortgage

1 800 Bur ridgeBurr Ridge, IL, United States Review updated:

I have been doing business with TCF bank for the past 9 years. Yet when I called in for a deferment on a mortgage payment TCF'S true colors came through. I had never been late with a payment.
I called and then was told to call back when I was one day late. So I did and then was told I needed to be 30 days overdue. I asked for the supervisor Vicky or Wendy and was told I was not even qualified since I was unemployed. Why did she think I was calling? If I was employed I wouldn't need the deferment. With the kind of stories they tell you one call to the next I am sure to be in foreclosure soon, thanks TCF, NOT.

He

Comments

Ms
  6th of Jan, 2009

email me directly to discuss, ms2728@aol.com

Br
  26th of Jan, 2009

I TOO HAVE HAD THE SAME RUN AROUND, I HAVE BEEN WITH TCF FOR 11 YEARS, MY HUSBAND IS OUT OF WORK DUE TO DISABILITY, I MADE THEM AWARE OF THIS ASK THEM TO PLEASE WORK WITH ME...BIG MISTAKE! NOW THEY GO INTO MY CHECKING ACCOUNT ALSO WITH TCF AND TAKE WHATEVER MONEY I HAVE WHEN EVER THEY WANT AND NEVER TELL ME, ANY NSF FEE OR OUTSTANDING DEBT I HAVE IS MY RESPONSIBILTY! I AM JUST FIGHTING THE FIGHT WITH THEM UNTIL THEY PUT ME IN FORECLOSURE ALSO, THAT SEEMS TO BE THE NEW SLOGAN WITH VICKI AND THE BURR RIDGE OFFICE...FORECLOSURE!!! GOOD LUCK TO YOU!!

Dg
  30th of Jul, 2010

We went to a mortgage with escrow included 3 years ago. We did the loan in December, so they took care of paying the escrow to the township. The next 2 years, we have yet to get our escrow check in December to pay the taxes in that year. Both years, they claimed they mailed the check to us. I can see this happening once and it got lost, but twice? Little hard to swallow. When we contacted them, we got different answers from the branch people in our state and also from the corporate in MN. No one had the same answers for 2 years in a row. What was really funny was that both of these last 2 years the check gets to our town treasurer right after the first of the year, so it does not get cashed until the next year. I am not sure if this is TCF's business practice to have the funds come out in a different quarter? Now we went to branch bank and paid our mortgage on the 9th of July, apparently the branch never must have sent the check to the corporate in MN, so they are saying we did not pay. Thank god my husband has the receipt, so corporate says to stop payment on old check and reissue a new and they will pay for our stop payment. This was talking to a Chris in customer service in MN. Low and behold - 5 days after talking to him and doing the stop payment and reissuing, they cash our old check (which showed up 18 days after it was given to their branch. We mailed the stop payment, the receipt showing when paid and the new check and now 7 days later, they cant find that information. Everyone you talk to has no clue what they are doing and banks like this are allowed to opperate. Then the best part is we have a 2nd mortgage and I only just found this out, that our escrow was done in our second mortgage, which we never signed documents for this it was to be in our 1st mortgage and we have the signed paperwork, and they raised us to 10.5% interest on the second of which almost $270/month is our escrow. So we are paying 10.5% interest on money that is ours? Not sure how legal that is. But they claim that is not how it is. We have heard so many stories from this bank, they need to be shut down.