Taylor Wingate / I'm staying clear and getting rid of the check.

1 3111 Camino Del Rio North, Suite 300, San DiegoUnited States
Phone: (619) 453-1580

Taylor Wingate is a recruitment or employment scam/fraud. This company is claiming to be a recruitment agency and hire someone for a job that doesn’t exist. They use internet job sites to obtain CVs and personal details of members of the public who they then contact with a job offer. On occasion, fraudsters will ask the victim to complete a questionnaire or take part in a telephone interview before being told that the job is theirs.
I got a letter from Taylor Wingate agency along with a check for $3000. Apparently they said I have been selected as an Evaluator. My assignment is to pose as a potential customer at the assigned establishments and evaluate the effectiveness, efficiency and quality of service provided. The letter told me to deposit the money into my checking account and then immediately give them a call for further instructions.
The letter also says I’m supposed to make a purchase of $50 at Walmart and then do an evaluation of the service. It then says to go to Western Union and transfer $2660 somewhere and the remaining money is for me to keep. The letter came in a hand written envelope with no return address.
The letter also instructed me to call them once the check was deposited for your assignment. So I called and a guy answered the phone. He told me a little bit about the company and lied that Taylor Wingate has been in business for over thirty years. He also told to call him back after the check had been deposited into my account. I don’t know, this just doesn’t sound right. I’m staying clear and getting rid of the check.

On