Tax Msters / Took my money for bad/no service

United States, Texas, Houston Review updated:
Tax Masters
900 Town & Country Lane
Phone: 888-4975937
As I see on the Internet, I and many others have been taken for a ride by this company. We have lost almost $10, 000 as well as many sleepless nights and frustrating phone calls and emails. Our situation is very complicated and I thought these guys were reputable. Saw the ad on CNN, Patrick seemed so reassuring and trustworthy. Now every time I see the commercial I want to shoot my TV! We tried to cancel when we found out they only worked with us over the phone or through fax or email and they sent me a bazillion pages of worksheets to fill out for them. I still had to do all the work so they could just plug in the numbers and for that they want $250 to $500 per tax year! WOW! I wish I had seen these complaints before I called them but I was scared and under threat from the IRS Revenue Agent. I found someone local who was willing to work with us face-to-face, guide us through everything and really help us but couldn't hire him when I found out that Taxmasters was going to take all our money anyway. I wish I could go back in time and do this all over. I'd rather shoot myself than go through this! I want to know if anyone knows of a class action suit I could join or if anyone knows a lawyer willing to get all of us together and start one. I understand the US Treasury Dept and the TX Attorney Genl. are investigating them so it should be a slam dunk! My regular email is kathijo@gmail.com. Please let me know. I'm desperate. Now they want more money! I can't do this anymore!

A  15th of Mar, 2010 by
Apparently there is a US Treasury investigation into TaxMasters.
US Treasury Department
Attention: Agent Farwell
1919 Smith Street
Suite 2270
Houston, TX 77002

And a potential class-action suit:

Pam Mitchell
(504) 234-5202

If you've been a victim of TaxMasters, below is a good starting list of everyone you should send a letter to, detailing your experience. Signed and mailed letters are often still taken more seriously than an emailed or faxed one. You should also include any/all supporting documentation/evidence.

This really is needed. The sooner these agencies receive more complaints about this company, the more they will investigate.

1. Your state's Attorney General
2. All of your state's Senators and Representatives (Federal and State)
3. All of the following: