Tauben Floors / BAD, HORRIBLE &NO& SERVICE - OVER PRICED SCAM

1 31 Eisenhower ParkwayRoseland, NJ, United States Review updated:
Phone: (800) 828-7608

I found them online, they looked like a big company as they had a very nice website - MY MISTAKE. We never usually buy stuff online, but my husband convinced me to go Tauben Floors. They give us a free estimate and gave us a price, which we later found out was 50% more than many others. We were promised their best installer to work on our project. The installation was delayed for several days for unexplained reasons, finally when the installation was done, we found out that there were spaces between the boardsrandomly at several places, jagged edges like they didn't know how to use a saw. To Make matters worst they scratched our brand new hardwood floor when they put our furniture back into place. I have been calling for several weeks now and keep getting all these promises and NO ACTION!!! This was the worst experience and we should have NEVER gone with them! Don't make our same mistake!!!

Customer service is non existing. I would advice to use your local home improvement store over anybody online. If Tauben Floors, doesnot fix our issue, we will be complaing to the BBB .

I googled Tauben Floors Owner and found - Alex Allam listed as the owner. http://www.linkedin.com/pub/alex-allam/1b/623/8b1

Then I googled Alex Allam and found - http://www.lowimpactliving.com/providers/Flooring/20/NJ which listed Alex Allam listed as owner of a company called Vernon Floors.

Then I googled Vernon Floors and Voila, guess what first page is full of complaints regarding Tauben Floors ( formerly known as vernon floors - looks like that site is down right now ).

So apparently, this guy runs a bunch of scammy companies and does name change after he gets several complaint. What a great business model ! I will be doing more reserach on this scam and expose them so nobody is burnt like me in the future.

Comments

• Ta
      2nd of Sep, 2011

This company is horrible. Tauben Floors AKA Vernon floors is a scam company. They have cheated me and refuse to give me good after sales service.

Please read this REAL review about them. There are several fake reviews written by Tauben Floors, don't fall for these fake reviews.

They installed the flooring 10 months ago. The floors have since shifted, warped, and are very uneven in many parts. As a result, my daughter was injured from falling on the raised parts. I called Vernon Floors 5 times to get this resolved, each time they said someone would contact me, but they did not. On the final call, I was told that they would not honor my warranty. I was first told that the installer no longer worked for them, but they would call his brother. Each week I followed up only to find out that nothing was done - no phone call received. The next 2 times I was told that another installer would call me to resolve it - no one ever called. I finally called once more 2 weeks ago, and asked them to please give me the number of the installer - they never called back.

This company first installed my floors crooked, and they had to remove and re-install them. Now, less than a year later, they are a complete mess. The crack, they make noise like a 30 year-old house, the are warped in areas and uneven. Vernon Floors does not know what they are doing and is only concerned with the final sale. They do NOT take care of their customers, and they do not honor warranty.

DO NOT BUY FROM THESE PEOPLE - YOU WILL BE VERY DISAPPOINTED!!! I spent $8000 on flooring and I will have to have it all redone now as a result. They are the worst installers and they do NOT care about their customers.

Disappointed customer
    New York, New York
    U.S.A.

• Ta
      2nd of Sep, 2011

Yes they suck. I have 1000% similar complaint. I will be fliing a report with Attorney General. The more complaints they will get about this SHADY SCAMMER, the sooner they will shut down and save several Americans their hard earned money. These Foreign Scammer should really be deported. He is a 1 man show!!!

Vernon floors cannot ripoff poor Americans. Go home!

If anybody is interested in suing this cheater together, please leave messages here.

• Ad
      8th of Feb, 2012

Was the problem with the wood quality and cost or just installation? Curious find a hardwood I like from them with a good price point. I have my own installer