Tatasky.com / misleading information, poor customer service

1 India Review updated:

Web Site does not function properly. No e mail address for complaints. No toll free complaint no. Phone picked after long time when complaint is made. Customer made to listen to ads when he/she makes a call. Poor technical support. Mechanics come after long time and charge exorbitantly. Package charges juggled and actually increased while giving the impression that they have been reduced.Account statement not sent. Pattern of deductions not clear. Local channels not provided. Customers miss out on local news.More expensive than cable but lesser channels.

Comments

• Kr
      13th of Jul, 2008

I agree with this compliant. The tata sky is horrible. my experience is also very bad with them.

Tata Sky installation charges are 1000INR. For relocation they will charge 600 rupees. Once you call them for relocation, they will come to your house and then connect it and then charge 200 rupees more saying that it is non standard installation and the cable is more than 20m. The interesting thing is the cable is not the property of the customer but the property of TATA sky. In case if the customer is relocating, he is not allowed to take the cable with him. Then TATA sky takes away the cable with them

• Bh
      23rd of Jul, 2008

why r sending failed RMN number service.tellme immediate.how i send RMN No.& plz send correct customer care no.i am waiting for ur rpl

• Vi
      1st of Aug, 2008

Tata Sky is total crap service, the channels are not available whenever there is a rain, it looks like it is completely depending on climate. And the after sales service is also really bad. I had some problem with my setup box I was trying to call the customer service for 4 days, they put my line on hold putting some tones, stil l i am continuing to reach the support personal.

Advice for the public: Please do not pay for a hurting dog.

I never tried other Service providers, please provide feedback for others also...

I say NO to buy TATASKY.

• Mr
      2nd of Aug, 2008

hey i did not call tata sky or registerd using my mobile number.but i got lots of msg to my mobile.one of them "thank you for calling tata sky.your request is registerd with WO 1-1939625004 our service team will contact you to confirm the work time" plz do the necessary action.me

• Mr
      2nd of Aug, 2008

hey i did not call tata sky or registered using my mobile number.but i got lots of msg to my mobile.one of them "thank you for calling tata sky.your request is registered with work order number 1-1939625004 our service team will contact you to confirm the work time" please do the necessary action.me don't want any further messages please check this..

• Sh
      30th of Jan, 2009

I just bought TATA Sky a couple of days back in a multiroom configuration. Though at first I was impressed by the professional manner of the technicians but now after jst three days m begining to repent. Firstly my name was entered wrongly in their records. I can forgive a spelling mistake but changing my name from Shivendra Bisht to Devender Vist is horrible. As if this was not enough they activated my service with addons like Lifestyle Gold & Education Gold which I never asked for. And today I suddenly recieve an alert stating Rs. 100/- has been deducted for Non Standard Installation Type 1. What the hell! I was never told i was having a non standard installation at my premises. They already charged Rs.1000(after 50% discount) from me to install one dish with 2 STBs. When I went online to complaint the My Query page will not accept more than sixty words - that means I'll hv 2 make 2-3 complaints. but even tht doesnt work. After submitting one complaint the site is not opening the query page. This is so unlike TATA. I must say my trust on the TATA name has been shaken if not totally broken.

• Ta
      12th of Jul, 2009

such a poor a service and negative attitude of technicians. we did such a big mistake buying tata sky we could have other 1 . making complaint makes a person fed up. we get problems like the channel is working just after 2 seconds your set up box is not working this or that what is this yaar. tum hare yaan kya 1 lagao aur doosra kharab aisi bekaar service u guys keep people on hold aur tum apni irratating tunes sunate rehte ho . are set up box is having problem pleas give reply or we have to change our dish . this is to much...

7th of Aug, 2009

in my service even today a message shows last date for recharge 8-6-09 (today date8-8-09) i never get the last date for recharge even after several request.

bad service charge everytime 350 for there useless box wat that ### is

tata sky ...###s

8th of Aug, 2009

big mistake buying tata sky...

8th of Aug, 2009

i suggest all the ppl not to use tata sky

• Up
      11th of Aug, 2009

I had tatasky dish some time in july last year. After7-8 months it started troubling and ultimately your engineer replaced the set box with old one in first week of july09 and for last 4-5 days again it flashes no signals . your customer centre is unable to solve the problem rather they say you will have to pay Rs 350.00 as charges for visit. Had I committed a mistake in choosing your set .If it is so troublesome then should I regularly pay Rs 350.00 for ensuring our set remain functioning. Our Sub Id is 1018238012 as per contract form which is almost blank.This complaint was lodged on 01.08.09 and the fault was corrected but on 7th, received SMS for recharging and as soon as it was charged with Rs 300.00 immediately it had shown debit balance and became deactivated it is a sort of cheating. No message for charges. Fault as I was told was of dish shake. Pl clarify Is message not required for such dubious debit and also should I regularly pay Rs350.00 for such natural faults. now it appears as a fun to have a annual package which will give a leverage to the company to debit as and when they wish to enhance its revenue. Waiting your reply.Thanks

UPENDRA KUMAR JAISWAL
    Upendra9dr@rediffmail.com
    15/49, Indra nagar Lucknow

• Gv
      11th of Aug, 2009

We are looted by Tata sky but we have no alternative .

• Se
      8th of Aug, 2013

tatasky set top box is not working properly, no signal detected