Tata South Africa / The customer is always wrong

1 Zambia Review updated:

My vehicle broke down at 07:30 on 15/09/2008. I phoned Tata who is 6 km away from where it broke down. They only arrived 8 hours later to tow it.It is still under guarantee and they charged me R450 for towing charges, contrary to the guarantee. It is now 17 days later and my vehicle is still not fixed. They did not supply me with a courtesy vehicle. I need the vehicle for business. They do not come back to me as promised.

Va

Comments

• Mr
      17th of Feb, 2009

I bought my tata indica 2007, brand new but just to have problems, 2days after I got my car there was rust on it, so I took it back and they touched it up with paint, I got my car back and inspected the car just to find spray paint on my windows, meaning that the car was painted after every thing was placed in and on the car. I phoned the dealership and they told me it is massive production. On 10 000km my breaks started to wobble and I could break hard, it felt like im loosing the wheels of the car, so I went bact to the dealership and they said I must wait for my first service to get it fix so it got worst and I felt scarred and unsaved in a new car, When my service came they said I need to get my wheel balance and in linement then if its still have the problem they will fix it, so I took my car on my exspence to get balance etc, and they descovered thar my tear axle of the car is bented, which causing my tyres to run of quickly. I told Tata last year August about it and IM still waiting, in this period one of the Tata inspectors came down from Durban, I phoned but every time they were to busy to talk to me and they'd phone me back but that didnt happen so I phoned again were the lady told me that they not busy they just went on Lunch.Im still waiting, So i decided to go to the umbudsman, which im busy with now

• He
      30th of Jun, 2009

We bought a 2007 indica brand new and it spend most of its first 6 months in the workshops! At 6000km the FIRST engjine packet up with a broken oil pump pickup witch resulted in a waranty claim.At 8000km the second engjine packed up with NO oil to the cranck shaft!And bear in mind that through all this time TATA refused to supply us with a curtecy car!And to make matters even more hatefull the engjine makes a nocking sound AGAIN with the car out of its 45000km waranty BUT wait there, s more the aircon does not work at all and they stateting the we us customers have to pay for the non working aircon

With the day at the show room we were promised that the aftermarket service is of highest quallity!!!???

YEAH RIGHT!!
    We planning leagal assistance

• Wy
      15th of Dec, 2009

im trying to by a tata single cab 4*4 xoxen the after service let me think now a little.but i think its still a good bakkie.

• Ha
      1st of Feb, 2010

I have complaints as long as my arm. My Tata Indica LDS is not even three years old and I already had to replace two front tyres. This is only the tip of the ice berg. I don't want to waste my time sending this complaint in if I am not going to get a response. I would love for someone with some authority to get back to me.

• Da
      27th of Mar, 2010

look at who the manufacturer is!!! this should be indicative of the quality of product delivered and the never-ending line of excuses!! typical of Indian manufacturers and their goods!!!

• Ta
      13th of Sep, 2010

I took my tata indica for a service, when i went back to pick it up, the frontloader was missing! It happend this morning, i dnt even know what to do

• St
      15th of Nov, 2010

I own a Tata Xenon 2.2, great bakkie so far BUT the after sales service side leaves a lot to be desired. I took my bakkie in for it's 15000km service with a full service plan or so i was told. I was later contacted and told the air filter must be replaced but is not covered in the plan.
    I disagreed as any motor vechile service plan will include an air filter.
    After a couple of calls to customer services the problem was sorted out
    and it was confirmed a filter is part of the service plan. On 30000km
    i get the same phone call telling me the air filter must be changed but again is not covered. This time after many more phone calls the customer complaints as well as head office have now come up with an even more ingenius story, they claim the air filter should only be replaced every 45000km, now this must mean these Tata's are so advanced that they actually have the abillity to suck 3 times less dirty air in than any other motor vechile "[censor]ing Brilliant". Now i still have to wonder, Did they actually replace the fliter the first time or not and if not how is this going to affect the bakkie in future. Come on TATA your vehciles are not that bad but it seems the left hand does'nt know what the right is doing. Sort this "Crap" out or it's going to be you, me and the ombudsman very soon.

• Ze
      8th of Aug, 2017

@Steven Potgieter Good day Steven

Did you have any luck solving you the problems with your TATA? please email me zcvisser2012@gmail.com. We have been fighting with TATA for 4 years with no luck.

• Sh
      10th of Dec, 2010

tata should let people know how expensive and how terrible there after sales is.when you phone in to tata and ask for a part they actually laugh and give you the price because they know you the customer will have a shock of your life.

• Ru
      10th of Dec, 2012

Please could we all liaise with each other to take collective legal action against TATA SA for their violating our consumer rights. In today's tough economic climate we cannot afford these expensive liabilities and unethical business practices. Please email me to get the process started. I spoke to a lawyer today in this regard. Email me if you think this can work: rupsych14@gmail.com or call 018 2944109. Regards R. Setlhare

6th of Sep, 2013

Take a class action against TATA and sue them for every cent.

• Pe
      18th of Jan, 2014

Thutha motors Midrand was suppose to give me a quatattion on my broken truck. They took 6 days to complete this. On Saturday 18?1/2014 I phone them and ask whether the document is available and they assured me it is ready for E-mailing. At 11:00 I phoned them again and they said that the only peron that can send E-mails will oly be available on mondy. It seems at the staff at Thuthi Motors are not committed. I depend on my truck and under contract and need to be available.
    But with th service I anm receiving from that institution is not satisfactory.

• Ew
      27th of Mar, 2015

I have a 2012 Tata 2, 2 Xenon, company bakkie, from the day we bought the vehicle it has given us nothing but trouble, first day the vehicle could only go straight or turn left! that should have been a warning to us, sent the vehicle back! when we got the vehicle back from Tata Pine Town the vehicle was leaning to the left, sent it back to Tata! when we got the vehicle back the turbo would cut out every now and then, Tata PineTown said it was water in the diesel! they removed the tank and drained the "water"(they did not tighten the inspection cover on top of the diesel tank properly and the tank leaked ) it still did not help, they later found out that it was the relay switch on the aircleaner that was the problem, I have a list of problems to many to mention. Tata after market service is lacking in many ways. I will never buy another Tata product again.(not a happy camper)

• Di
      3rd of Jun, 2015

Tata oostenberg het swak diens

• Mi
      22nd of Jul, 2015

I bought a Tata Xenon XT 2.2 Dicor Double cab in April 2014 not long I had to take it back as I had a problem with the radiator was leaking water and a leak on the brakes system and when I go over a little bump on the toad it keep on reset on the locking system and the radio was not working as it was mend to. I took it to the Boksburg repair centre where they had to replace the radiator and a brake pipe that was a factory fault. I got my vehicle back as they told me everything was fine. I still had a problem with the radio and the electrical system as it still reset when I went over a bump on the road and the temp went high. I took it back in September when they replace the radio and repair the electrical problem as they said. The radio was fine and it did not reset when I went over a bump in the road like before but the cover of the fuse box in the engine was missing. I phone them to ask about the fuse box cover they could not find it. In January I took the vehicle for the 15000km serves and complain about the fuse box cover and the temp that still go high. When I got the vehicle back they told me they are not going to sigh of the job card as they order a new fuse box cover and the temp of the vehicle is fine and they will call me when they get the fuse box cover. I phone and went back to find out about the cover. I still not got the cover and I must fill up with water every day after a short drive as the radiator water is still leaking and the temp dose still go high and I am still very unhappy.

• Ze
      8th of Aug, 2017

@Mike Kleynhans Good day Mike

Please let me know how did you solve your problem with TATA. We have engin problems with our TATA from day 1.

• Jp
      26th of Apr, 2016

I have a tata superace which is been repaired under warranty for the past 6 weeks, this is a business vehicle . This vehicle is more in the repairs than with me. I have now had enough of tata and am going to speak to a lawyer there service is thee worst ever as well as there product ( tata). My business has fallen due to my service delivery to my customers. I really think banks should stop financing such problematic vehicles. I will never advice tata to anybody even to my worst enemy. Tata is very poorly manufactured and should not be on the road. We as tata customers are not looked after at all. I want tata to give me a bakkie to carry on with my business, but they refuse any other brand such as kia or hyundia would have given me a loan vehicle because warranty problems are the companies not the owners.We buy brand new vehicles so that this would not happen but it is.

• St
      6th of Nov, 2016

Dear tata sa, I have two serious concerns, i bought a tata manza in 2013, the manza spend most of the time in the garage, it went for all the services as per guarantee, about 13000km i noticed a rumbling sound at first start in the morning, i then took it to the service center at Trchardt, the workshop informed me that it is the hydraulic lifters and will have to be replaced, unfortunately the car was out of guarantee and they cant help me, my second problem started when i bought a Zenon Evolve, the salesman advised me that the sd card to use the navigation system will be sent to me by tata.After driving to Witbank to speak to Eastvaal motors and lots of phone calls and e mails no joy.
    I think tata sa is not interested in the customer at all, all they wants to do is to sell cars.
    if head office can help me it will be appreciated,
    regards,
    Steve lansdell

• Ad
      10th of Nov, 2016

I was shown a Tata Xenon double cab and said that I will take it.
    When I arrived at Tata Highlands North with my pre approved finance, I was told that the vehicle was sold to a cash buyer and was offered another vehicle, with which I had problems from day one.
    After many calls and emails up to today I am still battling to get the vehicle sorted. The so called customer call centre at the head office do not even respond to emails. Adriaan Strydom

• Di
      23rd of Jan, 2017

middag ek het n Tata super ace bakkie gekoop sins Desember 2016 is ek sonder n voertuig ek het die bakkie +- 3 maande toe het die engen gebreek die maatskappy het n nuwe engen in gesit ons het die bakkie gaan haal en het net 60 kilos gery toe breek die ratkas en is tans weer sonder n voertuig dit is n nuwe bakkie het skaars 3000 kilos op die klok

so kan iemand my asb skakel om te se wat staan my te doen of waarheen moet ek gaan
    071 456 9849
    dirk Engelbrecht

• Lo
      16th of Feb, 2017

Hi I have an tata xenon single cab my master slave cylinder has gone and I took it to tata Port Elizabeth to claim under the warranty. Had no problems there but after a week without feedback I contacted them. The said to me that the part is on order it will be there on the 5th. Weeks went by without feedback. I again phoned them and they said the part will arrive on the 15 now, that is an month and a half after I took the vehicle in. Today the 16th I phoned again only to be told they ordered the wrong part. I have no curtsy vehicle. I have been paying insurance and premium for an vehicle I dont have. What do I do please anyone that knows please contact me on 072 976 9401 or via mail louwpretorius7@gmail.com

• Ca
      17th of Jun, 2017

GOOD DAY TATA SA, I BOUGHT A 2015 TATA INDICA 1.4 IN AUGUST 2015. TWO MONTHS AGO IN APRIL MY DRIVER DOOR STARTED TO SLIGHTLY DROP DOWN WHEN OPENING IT AND TO CLOSE IT YOU WOULD HAVE TO PULL IT UP. BECAUSE THE CAR WAS DUE FOR ITS 90 000KM SERVICES IN MAY I WAITED TO TAKE IT IN AND ASK THEM WHATS CAUSING THE DOOR TO DROP DOWN OF WHICH IT WAS ADVISED THAT ITS A COMMON TATA PROBLEM WHEN IT COMES TO THIS TYPES OF MODEL CARS AND WAS THEN ADVISED THAT IF I TAKE THE CAR TO A PENAL BEATER IT SHOULD BE SORTED AS THEY CAN'T ASSIST. IT WAS SHOCKING TO BE ADVISED THAT WITH A COMMON TATA PROBLEM I WAS REFERRED TO A PENAL BEATER AS TATA CANNOT FIX THE DOOR. IN OTHER WORDS I HAVE TO PAY OUT OF MY POCKET FOR A FACTORY DEFAULT / MANUFACTURE DEFAULT. I THEN TOOK IT UPON MYSELF TO CONTACT TATA CUSTOMER CENTRE TO INQUIRE ABOUT SUCH AS ITS SOMETHING I DIDN'T BREAK IT JUST STARTED TO FALL BY IT SELF. I WAS THEN REFERRED TO A DEALERSHIP IN PRINCESS CROSSING (ROODEPOORT) TO BE ASSISTED. ON MONDAY 08MAY I WENT IN TO GET THE VEHICLE CHECKED BECAUSE AS WE SPEAK I AM HAVING TO USE THE LEFT PASSENGER DOOR TO GET TO THE DRIVERS SEAT AND GET OUT. I WAS THEN ADVISED THE AVAILABLE DATE FOR THE CAR TO BE BROUGHT IN AND TO GET ASSESSED WOULD BE ON WEDNESDAY 10 MAY HOWEVER BY BRINGING IN THE CAR DOESN'T MEAN THAT I WILL BE OFFERED A COURTESY CAR AS THEY DON'T HAVE ANY AVAILABLE. THE CAR WAS ASSESSED AND HAD TO GO AND PICK UP THE CAR AGAIN THAT SAME DAY WHILE WAITING FOR THE WARRANTY PEOPLE TO PROCESS THE CLAIM/FORMS AND TO GET A QUOTE FROM A APPROVED TATA PENAL BEATERS TO DO THE JOB. AND WITH THAT I HAD BEEN PROMISED THAT THEY WOULD CALL ME TO UPDATED WHEN THE CAR CAN BE BROUGHT IN TO THEIR SELECTED PENAL BEATERS TO FIX THE PROBLEM AS THE PROBLEM IS WITH THE DOOR HINGE (COMMON TATA PROBLEM). FOR OVER 3 WEEKS SINCE THE CAR WENT IT TO BE ASSESSED AND TAKEN PHOTOS I HAVE BEEN THE ONE TO DO THE FOLLOW UPS ON WHATS HAPPENING AND WHEN CAN I BRING MY CAR FOR THE HINGE TO BE REPLACE OR DOOR REPLACEMENT. ITS REALLY FRUSTRATING FOR ME A CLIENT/CUSTOMER TO TATA TO BE DOING THE FOLLOW UPS AND EVERY TIME I FOLLOW UP I GET TOLD WE WILL CALL YOU LATER TODAY AND LATER TODAY TAKES ANOTHER WEEK FOR ME TO CALL BACK AGAIN AND ASK HOW LONG WILL I BE DRIVING A CAR THAT I HAVE TO KEEP JUMPING FROM THE LEFT SIDE TO RIGHT SIDE AND ALL I GET IS WILL CALL YOU. MY RECENT ATTEMPT TO FOLLOW UP WAS ON THURSDAY 08JUN AND ONLY THEN I WAS TOLD TO GO GET A QUOTE FROM DENT DOCTOR (PENAL BEATERS) WHICH IS DOWN THE ROAD FROM TATA AND A QUOTE WAS MAILED ON FRIDAY 09JUN HOWEVER I TOOK IN THE CAR ON MONDAY 12JUN TO THE PENAL BEATER AND WAS ADVISED THEY NEED TO DO A RE-QUOTE AS THEY NEED TO REPLACE THE WHOLE DOOR INSTEAD OF WELDERRING A NEW HINGE TO THE DOOR THEN THE RE-QUOTE WAS E-MAILED. ON MONDAY 12JUN I CALLED TO FOLLOW UP ON THE QUOTE AND DATE FOR THE CAR TO BE BOOKED IN I WAS TOLD THEY NEED TO CHECK WITH THE LADY FROM WARRANTIES AND WILL CALL ME BACK LATER THAT DAY. I NEVER RECEIVED A CALL UNTIL MY NEXT FOLLOW UP AGAIN ON 15JUN AND WAS ADVISED THAT THE LADY WHOM HANDLES WARRANTIES ONLY CAME IN TO THE OFFICE ON MONDAY AND CANT GIVE ME FEEDBACK AT THE MOMENT THEY WILL HAVE TO CALL ME ONCE SPOKEN TO HER. MY MAIN CONCERN WITH THIS WHOLE SITUATION IS THAT I FEEL THAT AS A TATA CUSTOMER I HAVE BEEN IGNORED AND THE FACT THAT TATA IS AWARE OF THE DOOR HINGE SO CALLED COMMON PROBLEM WITH THEIR TATA INDICA'S AND NOT ACTING ON THE CLAIMS AS QUICK AS POSSIBLE WHEN ONE COMES TO THEM OR LIKE ANY OTHER BRANDS IF THERE IS A PROBLEM OF THE SAME KIND WITH A PARTICULAR BRAND THEY NEED TO NOTIFY CUSTOMERS CALL IN THE CARS AND FIX THE PROBLEM. SO IN THE MEANTIME I AM DRIVING A CAR WITH A DRIVERS DOOR THAT IS NOT WORKING FOR OVER FOUR WEEKS FRUSTRATED AND ANNOYING TO HAVING TO KEEPING JUMPING OVER FROM THE PASSENGER SIDE TO BE ON THE DRIVERS SEAT. I AM WAITING TO SEE IF I DO GET A CALL ON MONDAY 19JUN FROM THE DEALERSHIP THAT'S IF I DONT HAVE TO FOLLOW UP AGAIN TO BE TOLD WE WILL CALL YOU BACK LATER TODAY. I MEAN HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE TO ORDER A PART/DOOR AND BOOK IN THE CAR TO BE FIXED?? I AM REACHABLE ON EMAIL MCRAMPHELE@GMAIL.COM