Tata Sky / poor quality installation material usage

1 India Review updated:

I belong to service industry and today I feel like Tata Sky has developed a great business strategy to get the money from customers by misleading them and offering a rat trap. I have lost all my patience and finally sharing my experience to avoid this pain for any readers. Not only there feedback or help desk is pathetic it seems they have nothing as After sales services. So friends before you get TATA sky installed be sure that you will get no service. I have about a dozen Tata Sky set up boxes in our building and currently just half of them are working balance has some or other problem running which has no place to address to or has a cost of repair even higher than installation chargers.

I feel cheated by Tata Sky since they used a low grade quality of cable during installation and now in few months time it has developed cracks which in turn has lead to moisture traveling from dish to the set up box, as a result everything is down. The company is charging Rs. 1800 for each new set up box plus additional charges for re-installing the low grade Cable. This problem has no solution and as non formally said by their attendant that this is a very common problem faced by customers.

I have even written to them but still awaiting reply. Oh! not to miss that my daily charge is running no matter even if these ppl take an year to fix the problem. Seriously, if you have opted for Tata Sky then i guess soon you will be writing on this message board as well.

Best of luck!!!

Me

Comments

• Na
      10th of Nov, 2008

my subscriber id is 1014858581 and my tatasky digibox is not responding with respect to tata sky remote.I complain towards customer care and they told that tata sky engg. will come to my home and repair the digibox . Today, five days was over but I didn;t recieve a single call from engg. THEY GIVE FAKE PROMISES OF BEST CUSTOMER SERVICES.

• Va
      24th of Nov, 2008

dear sir,
    i would like star pravaha marathi in your package
    thanks varsha

• Bo
      18th of Jan, 2010
    Tata Sky [Digi Box] - digi box is not working
    tata sky connection
    India
    tatasky.com

my tata sky digi box is not working it happend so many times .no one take it seriouslly