Tata Sky / No available channels!

1 India Review updated:

Being the Customers of the new Tata Sky we were very proud. While there is no complaint against video and audio quality of tatasky, we still have something serious to complain about Tata Sky.

At the time of the connection they have promised to provide all Star channels as well as Zee Channels. We have been subscribing to Jumbo Super Saver Pack of Rs. 300 per month in which we are entitled to get all channels.

But unfortunately now they have disconnected several zee channels including regional channels of zee. Even Neo Sports has also been removed. Please note that Neo Sports is the official Broadcasting TV Channels for telecasting Cricket Matches of BCCI.

But surprising to note is that all these channels including star channels are available in Dish TV and that's for a cheaper price. So this will be a serious discrimination against viewers like us by the TATA SKY.

If zee TV can remove its channels from tata sky, then why can't star remove its channels from dish tv. See the thing is we want to get all the channels in our Tata sky. Because at the time of offering the connection they have offered us that they will be giving all the star channels as well as zee channels. Anyway now they may tell us to give written proof for that :(

So whatever the problem they should clear that problem and it is their duty to provide all channels.

2. Being the Kannada speakers; generally we would like to watch Kannada regional channels. But unfortunately only two Kannada channels are available for us. Now even Zee Kannada has been removed. They can't even provide TV9 Kannada News channel which is free. Further they are also not providing free channels like sahara manoranjan, sahara news (Hindi and English) Maharishi Veda Vision, Jain TV etc.

Customer beware!!!

Comments

• Ar
      14th of Jun, 2007

I fully agree and support your voice against Tata Sky. This is really a very serious discrimination by the TATA Sky Management. Anyone listening???

• Bv
      14th of Jun, 2007

Yes we are all facing this problem. This is really a fraud knowingly committed by the TATA Sky Group.

14th of Jun, 2007

I fully support this complaint. I will better switch to Dish TV because all channels are available at a cheaper cost. Poor Tata and Star. Keep airing your poor quality star channels and one day you will know that no one is actually seeing your channels. Very Bad.

• De
      16th of Jun, 2007

I fully agree that Tata Sky has not come up to the expectations for a Tta Company. I myself am suffering after taking 3 Connections and I am fed up of complaining...

Deepak Bahl

• Gu
      18th of Jun, 2007

I totally agree that Tata Sky is a company of cheaters. They too promised me that no channels will be removed from the package. But, they did and they removed ETC Punjabi. After complaining several times and contacting their Bangalore office was of no use. The dealer is also not responding properly when asked for refund.

18th of Jun, 2007

I fully agree to this. Another thing is that they have a showcase in which they only provide bakwas hindi films like Bheja fry. No English, No Marati, No Tamil, No Kannada, No Telugu or any other regional language film at all. Can't they provide good films like Spriderman 3, Shivaji, Mungaru male etc?

• Sm
      18th of Jun, 2007

I support this. they keep removing a number of GOOD Channels and adding a few Waste Channels. This is bad from a company like TATA. Now we can't cancel the TATA SKY. So we are in a great problem.

• Gi
      25th of Jun, 2007

TATA SKY has a brand name and thats the reason why so many people have been mislead into buying it. I think it is the biggest trap to fall into. Due to the thundershowers and rain the tata sky box had stopped functioning and till today 1.e the 3rd day no one has come to see it nor have i received any call. The call center is in utter chaos and different timings regarding the technician's visit was given to me when inquired. This shows how poor their customer service is.other than missing programmes the TV has also got affected. I want to know who is going to take responsibility for all this.

• Gi
      25th of Jun, 2007

Above comment has been posted in a new topic. Sorry for the inconvenience caused. New topic is now posted here:

Please Comment.

• Me
      29th of Jun, 2007

While forums such as these are great - it's not quite enough. Voice your opinions with the Tata Sky helpline, etc. While the zee issue is done and dusted, the least they can do is provide Neo Sports, Neo Sports Plus, GOAL TV1 and 2, and other international channels to make up for the loss of quality on their current package.

2nd of Jul, 2007

Tata sky is cheated with people as per there list lost channels they are not show; they show those channels that know one see. Is this way Tata Company is like Reliance. Reliance Company only care there investors not there customers, Indian peoples are not complaint & not fight against this Companies that why they give this type of service.

In few years if this type of scenario working continuously this Companies loss there business, customers & investors.

• Bv
      8th of Jul, 2007

TATA SKY sucks! Our dream has drowned after buying the jingalala. Now no jingalala. Only COMPLAINTS AND COMPLAINTS are remaining. Reliance communications is already at loss. No doubt TATA SKY will soon find its place in that list. They cant even provide Neo sports & SUN network.

TATA SKY really sucks! What do you say?

• Da
      8th of Jul, 2007

I removed my cable connection And brought 5 new Tata sky connections . They promised that you will get uninterrupted viewing even in rainy season. But unfortunately when rain starts. Then we have to wait for rain to go as to see the programs. As all of you know programs will not wait for rain to finish . Yet we have to wait ?!!

• Vi
      16th of Jul, 2007

tata sky giving only DD CHANDANA,ETV KANNADA and new channel tv9 karnataka but i want asianet suvarna and zee kannada

• Mg
      21st of Jul, 2007

Recently I have purchased this connection. But I am not benefited because of nonavailability of regional kannada channels like Udaya, Ushe, Udaya2, Udaya news, Zee kannada etc. If things are not taken care by tata sky they will definitely short listed from the viewers. Even reliance & other companies are planning entering in to this business.

See people of Karnataka will fully depend on sun net work channels. If they are not taking care, they will be out one day from this business.

• Da
      21st of Jul, 2007

The quality of Tata sky is far better than Dish Tv. But they should give more regional channels especially for Kannada Viewers. Otherwise they will be loosing Kannada viewers.

• Me
      23rd of Jul, 2007

Tata Sky SUCKS!

It's an absolutely nightmarish organization, run by old baboos who belong to the license raj. Inefficient, poor content, piss poor lip service (customer care) and really i don't have one good thing to say about them. I've also been unfortunate enough to speak with their senior management on several occasions and I've come to the conclusion that there is no hope for the future. Tata Sky SUCKS...

• Pr
      5th of Aug, 2007

I am planning to install Tata Sky at my residence but after reading all these my mind vaccinates. In my opinion there should be an association called Tata Sky Consumers Association in each districts so that the complaints can be registered in case the Tata Sky people do not heed to the complaints of the consumers.

• Dr
      5th of Sep, 2007

I am very much thankful the site for providing me such a comprehensive review on TATA SKY. I was actually browsing to get details of tata sky as i was planning to buy it. But now no way...

• Lo
      11th of Sep, 2007

Presently no signal available from last four days