Tata Indicom Usb Modem / Poor level of servicing!

1 India Review updated:

I bought one Tata Indicom USB Modem by applying through internet and their service executives came and gave the usb modem and collected money. He said it takes 1 day for activating, but even after 10 days it is not working and they are not even responding to my calls. At first they gave one service executives number, but it is always switched off. I found this thing as a useless thing. I am prepared to go for further measures against them. They must be ashamed of this poor level of servicing.

Comments

• Aj
      12th of Nov, 2007

Totally agree.

TATA is spoiling its name by driving a worst kind of call-center. Cases are getting closed without confirmation or contacting customer.

One of my friend has registered for new account, its a week now, he still gets false commitment of delivery and installation of device.

• He
      17th of Nov, 2007

I have bought Tata indicom USB it takes 11 days in activation. After accessing 2 day I was facing some problem with Internet. I complaint to executing but are there is not any service provide by them.

• Va
      21st of Nov, 2007

Does BSNL provides USB Modems? If provides is it make worth. I am tired with relience, tata as well as airtel!

• Ud
      26th of Nov, 2007

I too face the same problem now. I was informed that i will be getting connected in 1 or 2 days maximum. They came for verification to my resistance as well to office. I am already a tata customer for Tata Postpaid mobile connection and tata sky. Eventhen I submitted all the required documents and photo for proof. It is a week after I received the instrument and sim card, but still it is not get connected, if it is complained to Customer service they are asking for my salary certificate. I don't understand the purpose of this document, even the bank loans are getting sanctioned without any salary proof. Why these people need. What they will do if I am student or unemployed.

• Ta
      9th of Dec, 2007

It sucks... appallingly shoddy. the connection is slow like hell and it takes 10 minutes to open one web page. Plus gmail/orkut page rarely opens if you are connecting internet thru TATA INDICOM USB MODEM. Customer service is worst. I asked them to disconnect. but they r not doing it. Taking ages. I m not paying them... I ll throw this Modem card thru my shut tomorrow morning. Thats the first thing id like to do tomorrow.

5th of Feb, 2008

When I went to get an USB surf to whiz from an tata indicon outlet at banjara hills Hyderabad. The executive wanted me to pay 2000 rs post paid cheques beacuse I am bachelor. He mentioned that either I should have a family or an permanent address to get the connection.Can any one pls tell me HOW CAN I GET MARRIED OR BUY A FALT OF MY OWN to get that connection. It really sucks n the level of service to customers by tata indicom executives is pathetic. Iam not able to digest util today the word uttered ny that executive .. ;-(

• To
      12th of Feb, 2008
    Tata Indicom USB Modem - Terrible service!
    Tata Indicom
    India
    www.tataindicom.com

2 months before I bought a USB Modem from Tata Indicom. I opted for 1GB connection. Even though I only used 647MB last month, the bill was for 1372MB (1.3GB). When I asked the customer service, they said the Tata Indicom server has a different MB counting mechanism! I am just wondering what the hell on earth the Tata Indicom server can count 1MB as 2MB!!!

Beware, these people are definite cheaters. Why cant they be truthful? Instead of counting 1MB as 2MB, let them increase the price and be truthful to the society. Then make a healthy competition... I am a hardcore fan of Ratan Tata sir. Definitely tata is not a cheater but his company is a cheater who can make us fool... But not for a long time it will go out of range with in some years... Cheater can not live for a long time in market...

• Vi
      18th of Feb, 2008

I paid for my USB connection on 18th jan.After a lot of fighting and yelling('Biggest Understatement of My Life' award goes to that line) someone came for installation today, but didn't have a demo tape, so he went back. On being asked why he didn't get it, he says some other guy needed it. So why did he come to install without the needed equipment? Silence. And he asks me to sign on a sheet and write USB and pen drive received before activation,without which he can't start the activation procedure. Which i obviously didnt. And then this other man who is someone from sales who usually doesn't take responsibility for this, calls and yells at me for not signing the sheet and says that i will have to comply with their company requirements if i want the connection. Tell me,till what extent can they insult my intelligence just because they're squatting on my money?