[Resolved] Tata-Indicom Prepaid Mobile / Fraud, cheating services

India Review updated:

My phone number is [protected].
On 16/11/2010 i got a message that cricketonvoice has successfully renewed on my mobile. For this subscription tata-indicom charged rs.40. I am sure that i didn’t subscribe/download any service. The strange thing is that i didn’t get any related message (Cricket score etc.) during this period. I have contacted to mr. Sudip mondal, a customer-care representative. But he has refused my complain. I didn’t get minimum help from them. I also have tried to contact any senior representative but couldn’t.
Finally i took decision to unsubscribe the service. On 20/11/2010 at 9.08 am, i got the message and i have successfully unsubscribe the service. After that i switch-off the mobile due to low power. And in the evening on same day when i switch-on i got a message that i have again subscribe cricketonvoice service. For that they have charged rs.9.

I am a software developer. I know how to use and download a service. So please don't give any silly explanation like your representative.
Please take quick step. Other wise i will cut-off my connection and will look for any further step.

• Resolution statement

• Tata Teleservices Customer Care's Response, Nov 21, 2010

Dear Customer

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused to you.

We would like to inform that your complaint has been put before the concerned department. We have accorded it top priority and are expressly working towards resolving it at the earliest. We should revert to you shortly, request you to kindly bear with us in the interim.

Should you require any further assistance please mail us at Customer.[protected]@tatatel.co.in.

• Tata Teleservices Customer Care's Response, Dec 10, 2010

Dear Mr.Chowdary

Greetings from Tata Indicom!

We regret for the delay in responding to you.

We have confirmed from concerned team the amount of Rs.49/- has been credited back to your account.

Hope, the issue have been resolved to your satisfaction.

• Tata Teleservices Customer Care's Response, Dec 16, 2010

Dear Mr.Ashok Kumar

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused to you.

We would like to inform you that we have registered your complaint vide docket number NTT0715965527 and shall revert to you shortly.

• Tata Teleservices Customer Care's Response, Dec 27, 2010

Dear Mr.Ashok Kumar

Greetings from Tata Indicom!

Our team spoke to you and updated the resolution.

• Tata Teleservices Customer Care's Response, Jan 03, 2011

Dear Mr.Navneet

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused to you.

We have verified your records and found that there are no VAS features activated on your account recently. Also, found that there is no wrong deductions found.

• Tata Teleservices Customer Care's Response, May 12, 2011

Dear Customer,

Greetings from Tata Indicom!

We would like to inform that, you need to visit our nearest Tata Indicom office for call details.

Thanks and Regards,
    Customer Care,
    Tata Indicom.

Comments

• As
      Dec 15, 2010

tata company ko to lutna hi aata he. Mera number he 9214860580 pe mene 3 yrs ki 1999 rupees ki scheme chlayi thi (sava mahine pahle) lekin mere validity 8/12/2010 ko khatam ho gayi aur iss luteri company ne ek sms bhi nahi kiya ki sir apki validity khtam hone vali he .pehle validity badaye fir recharge karaye .in lutero ne recharge kar diya aur inhe yaad tha ki is costumer ki validity khatam ho jayegi aur iske 1999 rupaye hum kha jaye ge saale bhig mange kutte .agar company chalana nahi aati he to band kar dijiye bikhari garib ka pesa khate he

• Su
      Dec 27, 2010

I am also got the same problem..with tata indicom... i hv got a message saying that i m subscribed to IZHAR-E-MOHABBAT service and charged me Rs30 on 22/12/2010. My mobile number is 9249948827. I think these services from mobile companies are cheating services, so if they are continuously doing it, it is better to avoid them and start thinking abt switching the provider...i m seriously thinking abt that...

• Na
      Jan 03, 2011

I am also facing this problem since last six months.Whenever I recharge my account within few days I receive at least 3 to 4 such unwanted & unasked subscirptions and each of the charge Re30 to 40.I am absolutely fade up with this cheating from tata indicom My mobile number is 9224319377. I think these services from mobile companies are cheating services, so if they are continuously doing it, it is better to avoid them and start thinking abt switching the provider...i m seriously thinking abt that...Actually it is very unfortunate to see such cheating in TATA group of company where top bosses are great athical leaders.In fact I am also thinking of writing about this cheating to top managenet of TATA group.

• Na
      Jan 03, 2011

I am facing the problem of receiving unwanted and never asked subscriptions for different VAS since last six months. Whenever I recharge my account within few days I receive at least 3 to 4 such unwanted & unasked subscriptions and each of the charge Re30 to 40.I am absolutely fade up with this cheating from tata indicom My mobile number is 9224319377. I think these services from mobile companies are cheating services, so if they are continuously doing it, it is better to avoid them and start thinking about switching the provider.

In last 2 days I twice received subscription for Amchi Mumbai pack and twice my money was deducted.

This has become absolutely intolerable would request your quick and strong action against this.

• Am
      Jan 08, 2011

Hi Team,
    Im Amal K Das My mobile number is 9287650764 i received a message yesterday mentioning that "Activated Mohabbat Izhar service si activated and 30/- is deducted" I did not subscribe any service as such. I still dont even know what "Mohabbat Izhar "service is.. I called in the number mentioned in the sms and unsubscribed the service but a total amount of 40 is been deducted without using any service.
    I need quick response on this issue. I recharged this inthe morning for an urgent purpose and when i wanted to call the balance wasnt enough to make an STD call. What is the reason behind this? However i need the money to be credited back to my cell number.
    I need to drop this connection if its not responded in time because ths is not the 1st time these things are happening to me

Warm regards,
    Amal K Das

• Ki
      May 12, 2011

my number is 9276706216 plz send call detail for last 6 month plz send my email address [protected]@rediffmail.com

• Ki
      May 12, 2011

my no is 9276706216 plz this no out going call detail for last 6 month is send my email id [protected]@rediffmail.com its urjent

• Kv
      Jan 25, 2013

Hi my mobile no is 9290448947 of tata tele. Today at my surprise I known that my balance of rs.30/- deducted for " after 8 pack service" without my intervention or will.This deduction was made by the operator during midnight of 25.01.2013 at 1.30AM. When I contacted the customer service care they informed that it is a monthly renewal pack and it will be renewed as their choice whithout my will and option/intervention. I never opted this type of service from the operator and I never knew this this type of cheating . In any network first they inform their services and if we have any interest then we can subscribe at our choice. But here they deducting the people's money in sim account as they like. This has happened to me for third time. Every time I am complaining to customer care and they says that next time this will not happen but the same cheating continuing. Now I am thinking of disconnecting this cheating Tata mobile service as lost resort. I am awaiting your quick reply ... to take disconnection decision.

• Ro
      Feb 23, 2016

Tata customer service, this is to inform you that my father had received fraud calls from these numbers - +91 7208-238925, +91 90-22-180735 & +91 8655-816712. He fell in trap and was victim for 15 lacs under some insurance scheme. I need to get identity of people with these numbers so that I can give to police. I need your assistance ASAP. It's a crime to give numbers without profile verification.

I hope you have all their details. Looking forward to your reply.