TATA Indicom / Not closing the connection after submiting many closing applications

1 Memphis, TN, United States Review updated:

Tata Indocom is doing business just on cheating and making false charges. I submit many requests to close my account but they are not making any sense to close it. I went to DOT and got to know the way to file a lawsuits against them.

Their NODAL officers also dont do any thing, they just sit and earn salary.
Following is the guidelines from DOT under all telecom players have to work but TATA INDICOM, is just dont understand.

Telecom services are being provided in the country by government PSUs viz. MTNL/BSNL & Private Operators. These companies are having their own consumer grievances redressal mechanism which is primarily responsible for redressal of all types of complaints of their consumers. All the complainants are supposed to seek redressal of their grievances at first instance through “Three Tier Institutionalized Grievances Redressal Mechanism” of the concerned Service Provider; www.trai.gov.in./serviceproviderslist.asp formed by it under Telecom Consumer Protection and Redressal of Grievances Regulations, 2007 (3 of 2007) issued by TRAI.

3.1 Call Centre of concerned Service Provider (Time limit: 3 days)

3.2 Nodal Officer of concerned Service Provider and (Time limit: 10 days)

3.3 Appellate Authority within the company of Service Provider (Time limit : 3 months)

Date: Fri, 1 Oct 2010 15:42:25 +0530
From: DSL.Desk@tatatel.co.in
To: cs.helpdesk@tatatel.co.in
CC: rishi_gupta77@hotmail.com; tata-indicom-support@tatatel.co.in; padgaonkar@tatatel.co.in; NodalOfficer.MUM@tatatel.co.in

Dear Team,

With reference to the below mail, kindly do the needful.

We would like to inform you that for the below account issues pertaining

to Rest of Maharashtra are dealt by our cs.helpdesk@tatatel.co.in

so we request to you kindly check and resolve.

There is no DSL line issue.

Vaishali

DSL DESK

ROM

From: Rishi Gupta [mailto:rishi_gupta77@hotmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, September 28, 2010 9:11 AM
To: DSL Desk; tata-indicom-support@tatatel.co.in; Nodal Officer MUM; padgaonkar@tatatel.co.in

Hello All,

Can i understand what kind of services is providing by tata. I am really sick of that with their customer care services and i have to go to Legal / Media help help to address this.

below if my inital complaint to Tata that i was not getting the Internet connectivity on my Tata USB Internet device and my complaint were not addressed by tata, lately i wrote an email on 17th august to disconnect the services and i am not going to pay for June and july because i did not get the services.

So far, its been about 40 days and no update on that. This is really pathatic service i have ever used to. and now your customer care is harrasing my parents calling and threating them.

I am a US citizen and living in USA. I need to call Indian mission in Washington and will esclate this to higher level. No matter how big is tata. outer world should know how tata is threating to the customers. If you need to call me, you may call me at +1-901.305.9100

Thanks
RIshi

> Date: Fri, 24 Sep 2010 12:28:54 +0530
> From: Tata-Indicom-Support@tatatel.co.in
> To: rishi_gupta77@hotmail.com
> Subject: Reponse from TATA Indicom
> Dear Customer
> Greetings from Tata Indicom!
> Thank you for using our services.
> This is with reference to the concern expressed by you over service related issues for the Tata Indicom number [protected].
> We regret the inconvenience caused to you.
> We would like to inform you that your complaint/request has been registered for the given number and the docket number for the same is [protected]. This would be resolved by 25-SEP-10. We request you to kindly make a note of the docket number for your future correspondence.
> For any assistance please feel free to call us at 022-[protected], our 24x7 Customer Care toll-free number from any Tata Indicom phone. We are also accessible from non Tata Indicom phones on 022-[protected] (Local call charges apply)
> You can also get in touch with our Nodal Officer Ms.Suguna Shetty in case your complaint is not resolved within the stipulated time or you are not satisfied with the resolution provided.
> Thanks and Regards,

Sent: Tuesday, August 17, 2010 7:09 PM
To: DSL Desk
Subject: URGENT

Hello

My Account number is [protected].

I have registered 2 complaints in last 2 months that my Tata Indicom USB modem is not working becuase of signal strength is poor. I have been told that engineer would be visiting and check the issue. So far, this issue is not entertained.

I want to close this service and i am not agree to pay the outstanding of last two month because Internet was not working since last 2months and issue was not entertained and resolved. You can check in the record that internet was not working and used.

Please close the account instantly.

regards
RIshi

Comments

• Ne
      20th of May, 2012

Hello

My Account number is 979954216, due not having much use, we want to cancelled the said account number.
    kindly do the needful,