[Resolved] Tata Indicom CDMA 1x Usb Modem / Complaint

1 India Review updated:

I am a user of the Tata Indicom USB Modem for the Laptop. I pu rchsed this item approxiametly 1 week ago and received already 2 bills. 5 days after the purchase my internet access was made off and I was told that I had to pay already a bill of 1700 Rupees. The plan that I chose was the 1500 Ruppes plan which they told me would give me unlimited internet access and 5 GB downloading. I took this and paid the bill. 2 days after the again activated my internet access I get now again a next bill to pay again 1047 Ruppes or my connection will again be made off.
I did not use my limit that I doont even have in 2 days.
Are you not ashamed of yourout tselves of cheatin people like this. I know many people complain about this. I will surely sue Tata indicom for this in court and many other people will surely do the same. This is not to take. You have to correct this immediately!! What is this Tata Indicom Company only a ###ing bunnch of liars that cheat Indians of their money an d ignore it. This commpany will surely go down if it continues to cheat and ignore their costumers. You make the Indian country really look bad. Be ashamed of yourselves.

• Resolution statement

• Tata Teleservices Customer Care's Response, Jun 09, 2010

Dear customer

Greetings from Tata Indicom!

We would like to inform you that our concerned team already visited your premises to resolve the issue. As confirmed from them, according to your request the termination proceedings are work in progress, our concerned team will contact you shortly.

Should you require any further assistance please mail us at customer.care@tatatel.co.in.

Regards
    Tata Indicom

• Tata Teleservices Customer Care's Response, Jun 17, 2010

Greetings from Tata Indicom!

This is to inform you that your concern has been noted and our team is eager to resolve it. In order to get to the resolution, we need to get in touch with you and gather more details about the concern. However, we are restricted by the absence of your Tata Indicom connection details in your original complaint. We are unable to establish the contact at your provided contact number.

Please do write to us at customer.care@tatatel.co.in, with your account number along with the contact number.

• Tata Teleservices Customer Care's Response, Jul 19, 2010

Greetings from Tata Indicom!

We would like to inform that your complaint has been put before the concerned department. We have accorded it top priority and are expressly working towards resolving it at the earliest. We should revert to you shortly, request you to kindly bear with us in the interim.

Should you require any further assistance please mail us at Customer.care@tatatel.co.in.

• Tata Teleservices Customer Care's Response, Jul 23, 2010

Greetings from Tata Indicom!

As per your complaint, our team spoke to you and updated the resolution.

• Tata Teleservices Customer Care's Response, Oct 05, 2010

Dear Mr.Aravind

Greetings from Tata Indicom! Regret for the delay in responding to you.

We have confirmed from concerned department that the shifting has been done.

Hope, the issue has been resolved to your satisfaction.

• Tata Teleservices Customer Care's Response, Dec 16, 2010

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused to you.

We would like to inform that we have registered your complaint vide docket number NTT0715977727 and we shall revert to you shortly.

• Tata Teleservices Customer Care's Response, Apr 16, 2011

Greetings from Tata Indicom!

We apologize for the inconvenience you had to go through because of us. We earnestly request you to give us a chance to rectify our issues and serve you better.

We request you kindly provide us your e-mail Id, Tata Indicom number or your alternate contact number to get in touch with you.

Should you require any further assistance please mail us at Customer.care@tatatel.co.in .

• Tata Teleservices Customer Care's Response, May 12, 2011

Dear Mr. Amrit,

Greetings from Tata Indicom!

We would like to inform you that, we have verified your records and found your current usage has crossed the credit limit kindly clear the outstanding amount and stay connect with Tata Indicom services.

• Tata Teleservices Customer Care's Response, May 21, 2011

Dear Mr. Nithin,

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused to you.

We would like to inform that, our concerned team tried to contact you but unable to establish the contact, however, we request you to provide your other alternate number to get in touch with you for doing needful.

Should you require any further assistance please mail us at Customer.care@tatatel.co.in or you can call us on 040-66570232 (10 am to 6 pm from Monday to Saturday).

• Tata Teleservices Customer Care's Response, May 30, 2011

Dear Mr. Nithin,

Greetings from Tata Indicom!

We would like to inform you that, our concerned department spoke to you and updated the resolution.

• Tata Teleservices Customer Care's Response, Jun 01, 2011

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused to you.

We request you to kindly provide us your Tata Indicom connection details, your e-mail Id or your alternate contact number, which will assist us in doing the needful.

• Tata Teleservices Customer Care's Response, Jul 26, 2011

Dear Mr. Ahmed,

Greetings from Tata Indicom!

We would like to inform you that, Amount has been not creadited in account, hence, as per uasege correctly charged for music station on 18-Jul-2011, so refund not applicable.

• Tata Teleservices Customer Care's Response, Aug 20, 2011

Dear Mr. Babaji,

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused to you.

We would like to inform that, as per your complaint our concern team verified all the records and found that no other services were added to your account.

• Tata Teleservices Customer Care's Response, Sep 29, 2011

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused to you.

We would like to inform you that, kindly visit and provide your payment receipts of installments in Tata Indicom Public Office or TVS/TVH to get your problem solved.

Further, for cancellation of your account, put a mail requesting for cancellation of your account to the below given mail id.

Should you require any further assistance please mail us at Customer.care@tatatel.co.in or you can call us on 040-66570232 .

Tata Indicom.

Comments

• Yo
      13th of Sep, 2006
    TATA Indicom - Bad service, cheating and no refund
    India

I am existing Tata Indicom customer using land line 66936055. I received a call from the sales executive to go for Tata walky which would be beneficial to me. Therefore I went ahead and booked Tata indicom walky vide bill no. 939880 by paying cheque of Rs 898/- drawn on HDFC bank

I got a Tata Indicom walky recently (September 2006) having number 64519161. The walky was installed but could not function from the first day itself.

I had registered a series of complaints with customer care "121" but the complaint (poor voice quality at the other end of the line) remained. The complaint numbers are 48323121, 48598333, 48726629

A service engineer visited my residence and confirmed that the instrument supplied was faulty and from a old lot of instruments. Naturally I demanded a fresh piece immediately. Tata indicom maintenance department person said that they do not have stock of fresh instrument. I have requested them either to replace the instument within a day or terminate the service with refund of the amount paid.

Today again the service engineer turned up with a old repaired instrument. Therefore, he was not allowed o replace the instrument. When there is a problem with the new installation, don't you have a policy to replace the faulty instrument with a new one?

I called up the customer service 121 again to register a complaint. The executive asked me to make an application for a new instrument which will cost me Rs 1000/- again. I have a new connection and the executive asked me to apply for new instrument!! Ridiculous!!

I asked the executive to cancel my number to save my additional Rs1000/- expense. He agreed to cancel the telephone and gave me cancellation number 48923139

To save my money in future and to minimise my exposure to Tata Indicom, I asked him to cancel my existing Tata Indicom land line 66936055 as well (I am using this for the last 3 years). He agreed and gave me cancellation number 48923691.

I feel cheated by Tata Indicom and expect refund of Rs 898/- paid by me and apology from Tata Indicom

Another reason for writing this is to give feedback to other customers

• Pa
      27th of Sep, 2006

I've booked a Tata wireless phone here in ludhiana when the was about to launch and got my phone no. 161-6535575 activated on 4th Jan., 2005. on Augest 2005 i request to change my billing address and same has been changed after so many requests n compliants.

Since then i'm not recieving my bills. even i've requested them to send me a copy as e-mail but all in vain.
    when i talk to higher authorities they start fighting wth me and start abusing me.

I want to place a request to those people who are planning to get a new connection, please dont go with tata indicom b'coz there is no service after sale.
    hope u poeple understand me.
    thanx

• Te
      3rd of Oct, 2006
    Tata Indicom Broadband Internet Service - No Connection No Refund Either
    India

Hi, My Tata Indicom Broadband Internet connection user name is terencevaz. I cannot not recollect but I had applied for this connection around 7 to 8 months back. Initially everything was good. I finished my first months and the problems began. There was some problem with the connection so I called the customer helpline. This is a paid line I literally have mobile bills to prove that every time I have spoken to the customer service I have spent at least 40 Min's per call. All I get is the departments transferring me from from one place to another.

And 1 fine day when they tried to help me it ruined me completely. They sent a so called engineer who came and did something with my system that the moment I connect the LAN wire to my system the PC hangs up. After this I did not renew for 3 to 4 months, then around 1.5 months back due to some family emergency I decided to give this connection a second chance. I called and asked for a renewal pack and also told them the tech problem that I am facing they said they would do the need full. One fine day the engineer came and did something with the system he them abruptly left my place saying that he needs to get a lap top, he has not returned till this date so the problem that I was facing still continues.

After this the on & on 1-64 unltd pack that i ordered for came I gave the cheque of Rs. 562/-. I then called the customer service to tell about the engineer and the pack that I received. at this point of time I was told that they could not help me unless I renewed my account. I informed the exec that I cannot renew the account as the moment I connect the LAN wire the PC hangs she wouldn't budge this conversations went for an hour or so till I finally agreed to renew the account thru the call center. I was assured that the number of day that would be wasted after the renewal till the engineer came and sorted the problem would be compensated by increasing my validity. however now the 1 month validity of that pack is exhausted and still no engineer has come. I have spent at Least 7 to 8 hour ion all on paid calls to the call center explaining them my problem, but all I have got is false promises, my calls being dropped, aggressive execs with no manners and the same goes for the so called Team Leaders who come on line only after I spent 30 to 40 Min's begging the exec to have my line transferred to a superior.
    I would like to know as to why am I being put thru this torture????
    How is Tata Indicom Broadband going to compensate me for the days that I have lost and the amount of money that I have spent have meaningless conversations with the Customer Service???
    Is this the service that you give to your customers?????
    What is the status of the payment that I have made will get REFUND???

To add to my misery and frustration i have got a call from your renewal teal asking me to renew the account... so that then the engineer will visit me..as my account validity is over and hence they cant send an engineer.

I am very ashamed of the fact that Companies with names as big as Tata's & VSNL are providing such miserable service. This also due to the fact that I have personally seen numerous complains about the service on many places on the Internet.

It is also a shame that i could not get hold of any email id of Mr. Ratan Tata. I feel it is my obligation to let this great man know in what hands he has put his Internet business. And that if things go the way they are then things don't look too bright for the TATA's in the near future

A distressed Customer,
    Website: www.travelguru.com

18th of Oct, 2006
    Tata Indicom Walky - Wrong bill
    India

The bill received by me for the month of Sep 2006 is baseless and totally wrong. The charges claimed towards internet uploading, downloading,usage are totally wrong because i have not used the internet during this period. When complained they offered adjustment of mere Rs.100/-towards this wrong billing whereas Rs.550/-have been charged in the bill. Also the amount claimed towards local calls is on very much higher side. They are not providing details of the amount claimed. I am helpless.

• Gu
      23rd of Nov, 2006
    Tata Indicom Cmo - Wrong billing
    India

I had booked two CMO with CAF No. 1813350026 & 1813350027 and my friend booked CMO Caf No.1813350025 and at the time of activation all three phone nos. was activated in my name, I am not aware that this is happen once after a welcome call I was noticed the same. After that I am trying very hard from 16th July'06 to solve that problem but till date it is not happened and unfortunately I received a legal notice for non payment of bills. How the third CAF phone activate in my name with wrong plan. I hope in your desk you can able to solve to solve the problem & I am ready to pay the exact amount of bill & also wish to continue the service.

• Go
      6th of Dec, 2006
    Tata Indicom Walky - Multiple installation problems!
    India

I have been subscribing a prepaid tata indicom walky phone for last one and half years. The no. is 040 65092877. They will fully install an old system at my home in home and it had been giving several problems like unusual sounds, disconnection and quick battery discharge. Upon complaints, they said get it rectified at authorized service stations.

For last of couple of weeks, we are unable to receive calls as the incoming phone service has been not functional. However, we could make out going calls.

I also approached your authorized LG servicing center at SGM Mall, Mehidipatnam. They say it is not the problem with the system but due to some regulations and adjustments (according to TRAI) at Tata indicom services end. If that is so.....what could we do now?

In this connection, I complained on 28th & 30 Th N0v 2006, But, no action or follow-up attention had been paid.

My humble request and suggestion to all such guys is... not to behave like public sector set-up like BSNL etc as being in service sector, they should be clear in their approach and actions.

In case Tata indicom is clear that they cannot do any thing in this regard, let me know, I am virtually ready to throw the phone out of my sight.

• Vl
      3rd of Jan, 2007
    Tata Indicom - Postpaid Service - Credit limit problem
    India

I have been using a tata indicom postpaid connection 9216470792 for the past three months. Outgoing calls have been barred scores of times in these three months. Totally unresponsive attitude. I have cleared bills on time. Even rs 1800+ in excess. Call rate applicable is re 1/min but unbilled amount is charged at 2.65 rs so the credit limit is reached in no time and outgoing barred. Not even the town head can help. Totally rotten company and antiquated and utterly stupid service.

• Ka
      18th of Feb, 2007
    Kanhaiya Kali - Tata Indicom Dealer - Deposit not returned!
    India

I have applied for new TATA Indicom connection on 27th Jan2007 for plan of ARP99. The dealer gave me connection on 14th feb2007 when this ARP99 plan was closed. He gave me Business Silver 244 plan instead of ARP99plan. Now when i am asking him to take back the sim and return my money deposited to him he is not giving. He is misbehaving with me and other customers coming to him. He took my passbook of bank also and now when i m asking him to return all he is ignoring me daily and telling to come next day next day...

I have to take an action against him in consumer forum for his all these.

His details are:
    Name of shop: Kanhaiya Kali
    address: Circular road Ranchi Jharkhand
    Name of dealers: Narendra, Ajay

• Pa
      7th of Mar, 2007

This is with respect to my connection with TATA ,I have complaint regarding my bill.

I was been told that under my home 2mobile 349 plan i could access internet unlimited between 10 pm to 6 am. As i used only during that period but still my data services has been charged. I am damn sure about my time because i come back home at 10 pm only and i am the only computer literate in the family, so there is no question of any other using the internet during non free hours. I dont allow anyone to access my internet. Even though i have complained to nodal officer and customer care. But no response...

• Ji
      20th of Apr, 2007
    Tata Indicom India - Poor phone service
    India

Customer service for the phone is very rude and in fact they attend the phones provided in their public relation office. Kyocera company phones are just blunder and cheating to the customers. TATA indicom service center at crowford market KAIZER ELECTRONICS PH: 23434469 is also not up to the mark and no manner of customer service.

• Sh
      27th of Apr, 2007

I disagree that Tata Indicom is providing customer oriented service because as being your one of the customer we are facing problem by your officials of the Hubli-Tata Indicom Head office,Near Old Bus Stand.

I had given the application for the Di connection of the Landline phone with number - 0836-6576796, then we admitted that we will not disconnect the no. as there is another scheme where I need not fill the rent for 3 years,where our advance deposited will be compensated which was told by Mr.Shivanand working there itself.

But they didn't turn back itself,then after some days when I went n asked regarding this they started altogether new story telling that we have not filled our advance of 1000/-.

The phone number is in the name of my father Mr.R.V.Naragund, I hope you help you out from the chaos created by Tata Indicom officials.

Thanking You

Customer

• So
      27th of Apr, 2007

I am facing the same problem. I also had taken two connections. One for me (staying in hyderabad) and the other for my wife (staying in bangalore). They told in one scheme we have to pay a rental of rs500/- each and she has to pay rs150./- extra for all incoming free. We didnt notice the bill properly for first month. Second and third month we observed that they were charging rs100/- extra with 720mins call free. When i called up came to know that the representative filled like that. And the next time they told they changed the plan. Next time onwards new new story. After that i told them i want to disconnect. They told they i have to pay the bill which is not less than 5digit. I followed up for making to a descent amount for 1month. No news and no call from them. I just thrown my mobile. Can it be a problem. If i wont pay back the money and do file in a consumer court.

• Pr
      8th of May, 2007
    Tata Indicom Postpaid - Fictitious billing for post paid tata no 9212403900
    India

I have two connections of Tata Indicom,on one of which roaming was totally free earlier and calling between those two mobiles was also totally free.Now that scheme has ended on 29th Mar 07,but when I called one of the customer care executives named PRATAP in mid April,he told me that my scheme is still under grace period and will continue till 29th April 07 due to which I continued using that sim and now my April bill has been generated as Rs. 6935/-.due to the wrong information given by that customer care executive.

• Us
      15th of May, 2007
    Tata Indicom Walky - Poor Service
    India

I have purchased a tata indicom walky and the agent told that they have good network but now it does not have proper network . Its really bad.

• Ak
      25th of Jun, 2007

I am Akhil Garg. I am having Tata indicom walky connection with a number of Greater Noida. I have been shifted to Delhi and gave a request to Tata indicom with a written application and address proof to change the address and walky no. also as state has changed. We reported at Mathura Road office. We have been there around 10 times in last 25 days. Still that problem has not been resolved and they people are calling us again and again. Every time they are coming us with a new excuse.
    I have experienced the worst service delivery from Tata. I recommend not to subscribe tata at least.

Thanks.

Akhil Garg

• Yo
      13th of Aug, 2007
    TATA Indicom - Horrendous customer support staff attitude!
    India

Manager & Senior Management of TATA INDICOM - Please NOTE.

TATA INDICOM

I must say that TATA Indicom is by far one of the worst customer care organizations I know of. Having personally started my career with the house of TATA's I must say the TATA family's recent business such as TATA INDICOM have ensured that the TATA name in no longer synonymous with being one of the most customer friendly but rather a could-not-care-less money making organization with absolutely no regard for the customer as long as they are paid.

In the past few months, each time the TATA INDICOM bill has come close to its due date I start getting multiple calls from 3rd party hired hands of this spineless company TATA INDICOM asking me in harsh accusatory tones "Have you received your phone bill yet?" "Have you paid your phone bill yet". This charade goes on for days and no matter how many time I confirm with them that the needful has been done, they will not stop these harassing calls.

Lately I was a day late in paying my bill and TATA INDICOM decided to cut my outgoing calls. Now its 3 days since the bill has been paid and my repeated calls to them to reconnect are met with "it will be done right away" and yet nothing happens. Of late they have recognized my cell number and stopped taking my calls. It turns out that the hired contractors they use to call their customers don't even use TATA phone service themselves but rather IDEA phones!!! Go figure - shows just how well TATA is regarded within its own community of employees and contractors these days. Once I get my connection restored I will take whatever legal action I need to as a consumer with rights and privileges to stop this nonsense once and for all.

Harassed and frustrated,

Yogesh

• Vi
      13th of Aug, 2007
    TATA Indicom - Fraudulent schemes
    India

I buy tata indicom prepaid mobile on 11th july 2007. My scheme was one year incoming free,tata to tata talktime worth rs 100 per month, before i recharge [powerpack] i confirm with customer care executive that this scheme was not affected my current plan, now this month tata indicom cut my tata to tata talk time, so who is responsible for giving wrong information, i talk so many time regarding this matter with customer care executive but they are responding me and on 8th august i become subscriber for caller tune, they are cut rs 28 from my balance,but still tata indicom does not provide my ringtone code. They are not register my complaint and not responding me. Really tata indicom is the top fraud company in india. I request you all the person who read this plz dont buy any tata product.

• Vi
      21st of Aug, 2007
    TATA Indicom Landline - Bad Service
    India

I had purchased tata indicom instrument in the month of july for amount of Rs. 1600/- for lifetime free from one of tata indicom sales representative. Within two days we had a problem with an instrument. I had spoke to the same person and requested him to check the instrument. He visited and said the battery should get replaced which he will replace next day. But he not even bother to what problem we are facing. he started disconnecting the call. Instrument is lying as dead.

• Da
      3rd of Sep, 2007
    Tata Indicom Walky Wireless Phone - Cheating customers
    India

I took Walky, wireless Phone, connection from my house at Gandhinagar, Hyderabad in Andhra Pradesh and I also took one mobile connection in the name of my 80 years old mother at Visakhapatnam with the intention that I can contact my mother free of cost since such a facility is promised by Tata Telecom. My land line number at Hyderabad is 64567943 and my mother's mobile number is 9291245112. Surprisingly I am unable to contact my mother's mobile from my land line. When ever I dial the mobile number of my mother voice message is giving the reason as invalid number. I gave number of complaints some of the complaint numbers given by tata telecom are 83920079, 84004937 & 84512609. Plese guide me in the matter

• Dh
      23rd of Sep, 2007
    Tata Indicom Broad Band - Delhi Region - TATA Indicom Broadband is the worst!
    India

I m taking Tata Indicom broad band services in Delhi region. It is the worst service that I have ever seen from such organization who are spreading there arms outside India also. This is to suggest that pls don't take there broadband services otherwise you are the sufferer bcoz I am suffering from last 5 months and nobody will listen to you.

Rgds,