TATA Indicom / Wrong billing inspite of repeated requests

1 India Review updated:

I was shocked to know that tata indicom is closing there value pack of free incoming while roaming... I purchased a connection under the scheme Do More 900 (ARP) in December 2006 and sudden withdrawal of this service is going to land me up in problem... when i asked for the reason from the customer care they were not able to satisfy me.

I have taken the connection for the purpose of roaming only and given advance rent for TWO YEARS. Now the company has asked to withdraw this facility which is not fair. They are breaking the contract. no such condition was there when they give the connection.

Also they are sending the wrong bill since Jan'2007 not making the correction in their record inspite of repeated requests.

Customer is KING... GOD KNOWS - about Tata Indicom what will happen?

Comments

• Pa
      11th of Jun, 2007

i have been using tata indicom connection from the last 2+ years and suddenly i am facing problems and no one bother to look into the matter. i am mailing from the last 6 months but my matter has not been resolved. incoming free during roaming has been amended to 750 minutes why? Because they needed connections only to sell. if no other service was offering this plan how can they and now there excuse is TRAI. my question to TTSL is why they dont take permission from TRAI before starting this service and if they have given us TTSL should bear the cost. I'll challenge this in court.

If you have email ids of the top most officers please mail me at

parvinder.jit.singh@gmail.com

THESE PEOPLE ARE SO IRRESPONSIBLE THAT THEY ARE NOT ABLE TO SOLVE MY PROBLEM OF WRONG BILLING

My correspondance with ttsl employees are as under

Date: 27th.March2007
    Dear Mr. Green.

I am a subscriber of TATA Indicom having five connections on my name and paying bills regularly on time. Few months back I find that I have been charged @Rs.2.65 instead of Re.0.50 for ROAMING OUTGOING calls while roaming within the same state. For example if I call TTSL Haryana number while staying in Haryana I was suppose to be charged Re.0.50/ Pulse, but I have been charged Rs.2.65/Pulse. This thing comes in notice when I saw that “0” is not prefixed before the dialed number and Rs.2.65/Pules is charged in STD calls list column and moreover I was in Haryana at that time.

I bring this matter in the notice of CUSTOMER CARE EXECUTIVES but nothing appreciable was done by them. I have even visited at COCO office in Sector-35 and Sector-34 Chandigarh but the things remains the same so I STOP PAYMENTS for all my numbers. I was even posted wavers for that but there is no Justification of the waver given to me. The waver posted for my account number 602297237 was so huge that even without paying bills for three months my account amount was coming in negative. Moreover the waver posted to me is not correct you may check it on the next page

I send mails to Nodal Officer, Customer Care Department and Mr. Sodhi (G.M. Sales, Punjab) but nothing was done by them either. Even after bringing the matter in their notice I receive THREE BILLS with SAME ERROR in them i.e. Jan, Feb & March 2007.

Mr. Sodhi forwarded this matter to Mr. Dhawan (09216709709) but even then my phones were disconnected FOUR times i.e. on
    • 1st of March 2007.when I was in Gandhidham (Gujarat) 1500 Km. away from my home.
    • 8th of March 2007.when I was traveling in train to Delhi. (disconnected from rest of the world)
    • 14th of March 2007 when again I was in train traveling back to Gandhidham.
    • 20th. Of March 2007 when I was in Gandhidham

Due to casual attitude of your department which forced me to hold payments I had to suffer. I am ready to pay bills but first solve my problem. I always insist to your department to correspond me by mails but they never bother to send me any mail what so ever. I will send you the copy of mails sent by me to your different departments time to time soon.

Most of the times I am in roaming and cannot do without phone. Because my number may get disconnected any time I had to take another HUTCH Gujarat Number (09825817562) to stay connected I suppose this is a SHAME for TTSL. Your are the last option left with me within the department before taking the matter to CONSUMER FORUM, TRAI & MEDIA. I have all the details with me by which I can prove myself in COURT. After 15-days I will file case against TTSL for HARASSMENT (disconnection) & WRONG BILLING to the customers even after taking the matter in the notice of your concerned department if the things are not sorted out. If this problem is with all my five numbers you may very well imagine how vital this problem may be, many other people might be paying more than 5 times unknowingly. TATA Teleservices is ROBBING customer’s pockets.

Whatever the waver has been posted to me I want the JUSTIFICATION of every call because I myself wants to check the calculations because I don’t trust you and I also want the ORIGIN OF CALLS made by me from the very beginning since I opt the connections. The reason of not trusting your department calculation is as under. This is just an example for my one number 092160 80888.

Bill Number-342067930
    Bill Date-11/03/07
    Page 4 of 13

According to your Bill the amount to be paid by me for STD calls is Rs. 999.05
    Note-Please see that all the mobile numbers dialed does not prefix ZERO i.e. it is a local call and by mistake metered as STD calls.
    According to C-Mo Corporate Plan-Business Silver tariff.

Land Line 11 29.15 11
    CDMA Mobile Local Calls while roaming in Haryana

871.85

164.5
    Grand Total 377 999.05 195.90

It means if I wouldn’t have seen this bill properly I might have paid you Rs. 803.15 + Service Tax @12.24 % (Rs. 98.30) i.e. Rs. 901.45 EXTRA.

I even launch a complaint to Customer Care with Complaint No.65695293 in response to this they have posted me a waver of Rs. 621 which does not bear any justification because it does not match with the calculations done above. So it is very clear that whatever the wavers posted to me is not upto mark your people are not working efficiently. Moreover I really don’t have this much time to do this exercise every month for all my five numbers.

Since I had no option left with me other then taking the matter IN YOUR CONCERN. I really want to keep these connections because it’s a good service except billing and some coverage problem in Gujarat. So I hope best from you and please feel free to call me on my TATA Indicom number 09216580888 if not get disconnected or otherwise contact me at HUTCH Gujarat number 09825817562. I request you to look into the matter personally.

Parvinder Singh,
    Parvinder.jit.singh@gmail.com, advance_services_machines@yahoo.co.uk
    (09216580888, 09825817562)
    My other numbers

Note: This is my second mail to you including first and added error calculation for the month of April’07 in one account only.

Date: 23rd. April 2007
    Dear Mr. Green.

• 14th of March 2007 when again I was in train traveling back to Gandhidham.
    • 20th. Of March 2007 when I was in Gandhidham

Bill Number-342067930
    Bill Date-11/03/07
    Page 4 of 13

According to your Bill the amount to be paid by me for STD calls is Rs. 999.05
    According to C-Mo. Corporate Plan-Business Silver tariff.

Land Line 11 29.15 11

Page 4 of 15

Land Line 0 0 0
    172.25
    32.50
    CDMA Mobile Local Calls while roaming in Haryana (TTSL)

1014.95

191.50
    Grand Total 448 1187.20 224

It means if I wouldn’t have seen this bill properly I might have paid you Rs. 963.20 + Service Tax @12.24 % (Rs. 117.89) i.e. Rs. 1081.09 EXTRA.

Kind Attention: Mr. Darryl Green./ Mr. Dhawan

Subject: Bill dispute in all my numbers.

Dear Sir,

This is my repeated mail for the same issue which is pending from the last 4-months. I have been charged wrongly in roaming outgoing calls in same state and the matter has been put forward by mails to you and also to the officials of TTSL Punjab including customercare.punjab@tatatel.co.in. Two of my numbers have been BARRED (092167-80888, 092167-40444). I have also specified in my previous mails that I will pay all my dues when matter resolved but your people are inefficient in solving the same. You may check my account that I was never late in paying my bills. I will pay only if the matter is resolved once for ever or give me time frame because I am waiting from the last 4-months and receiving wrong bills every time even after my repeated complaints/mails. Mr. Pushkarna knows that I and my other numbers are in roaming in Gujarat even than my numbers are barred.

Please look in the matter personally so that I may not suffer from these suspensions any more. I will pay all my upcoming bills (only rentals) if matter is not resolved but put my numbers in service first.

Hoping best from you.

Parvinder (092165-80888, 098258-17562)

092160-80888, 092167-80888, 092166-40444, 092166-30333

Date: 07th.June2007
    Kind Attention: Mr. Darryl Green.

After so many mails, telecons and person to person meetings TTSL has not been able to solve my problem of wrong billing. After regular mails from me to TTSL from the last six months they came out with an excuse that the particular site from where the calls have been made is a SHARED site of Punjab in Haryana and the billing will be in the same way. My questions are

Why this took 6-months to come into picture?
    When this site was put into sharing and for how long?
    Was this information given the customers or published in any media of site sharing?
    Why if than conditions are not cleared with customer?
    Why am I not able to call any number in Punjab without prefixing '0' if I am in shared network and can call in Haryana without prefixing '0'.
    How can I make a call in Haryana circle number while staying in Haryana and what would I be charged? (According to my plan Business Silver 224 it is Re. 0.50 for mobile and Re 1.00 for landline).

Three of my numbers have been barred because of non payment and the reason was wrong billing.

My number 09216780888 is barred from more than 20-days, another numbers 09216740444 & 09216580888 is barred form 4th.June2007. I will not pay upcoming bills because of no service and pay all my due only if the following things are cleared.

Provide the detailed list of all the calls made and received from all my five numbers since I opt the connections because I want to check wavers myself.
    Details of all the wavers posted to me for all my numbers with justification.
    I use Haryana network for calling in Haryana it should be treated as local call. As I was told by your sales executed and according to your policies that calling with in the roaming state is treated as local.
    During subscription I opt a plan of Unlimited Incoming Free while roaming. Why this plan altered? And why this plan given without permission from TRAI? And if its given without TRAI permission TTSL should bear its modifications charged.
    Give all the clarifications through E-MAIL only

Please see to this matter personally because it is long dew case.

Date: 07th.June 2007

Kind Attention: Mr. Darryl Green

My numbers are still barred and there is no correspondence from TTSL people regarding the points raised by me in yesterday's mail. I am bearing heavy loss in business due to disconnected phone and that too because of your faults.

Please resolve my complaint as soon as possible or otherwise RESTORE my services till solution is provided by you. Because my services are barred please correspond through E-MAIL.

08th June 2007

Kind Attention: Mr. Darryl Green.

This is the third successive day I am continuously sending you mails because my numbers are barred and there is no correspondence form TTSL what so ever. Please specify the way by which my services will be restored and if payment is the only option then send your representative at my work place with all the details specified in the previous mails. I do not have any details of wavers and how much amount I have to pay after wavers this is what I am requesting from the last 6-months. Please justify with details or restore my services as soon as possible.

09th June 2007

Kind Attention: Mr. Darryl Green.

This is the fourth successive day I am continuously sending you mails because my numbers are barred and there is no correspondence form TTSL what so ever. Please specify the way by which my services will be restored and if payment is the only option then send your representative at my work place with all the details specified in the previous mails. I do not have any details of wavers and how much amount I have to pay after wavers this is what I am requesting from the last 6-months. Please justify with details or restore my services as soon as possible.

Parvinder Jit

Dear Sir,

My numbers are still barred and the matter is still panding from your end. Please solve the matter as soon as possible or otherwise unbarred my services.

• Ra
      5th of Aug, 2008

my ne conection of chip modem no. 9216516516 is not working properly from starting . i want disconect and modem return to you. plz help me . i want broudband conection becoz the speed

19th of Aug, 2008

i am retailar of haryana kurukshetra. all staff of kurukshetra prepaid crcle very bad all mamber are good for nothing. my mobile number is 9253064939 .