Tata Indicom / Don't go for it

1 India Review updated:

Oh no i did it again... without reading reviews on moutshut for tata broadband i fell for it. Zero installation charges , no hidden cost. I decided to give it a try for 6 month connection.

Rs 3143 for 6 month 64 kps on and on.... thats the best deal i got comparing to all other isp.
I even received the connection within a week. I was so happy that good old days of vsnls pathetic service are gone as tata has taken over. The speed of the net was fine no complaints on that whatsover.

If you are really unlucky if ur net goes down or something u r in for a rude shock. The tata broadband customer service helpline number [protected] is always busy.. the estimated wait time is always beyond 10 minutes. Theres only one number for whole of mumbais population. You can even mail the complaint. and with very nice bold fonts you will get the complaint number. (i doubt if they even check the email complaints .. i havent got a reply or confirmation so far).

But on my persistence,hardwork and frustration i managed to hold on for 10 minutes for their call centre to pickup the fone to hear that we have booked your complain it will be resolved withing 24 hours. its 10 days now. All the 4 times i called ... all 4 times the response was we have got ur complaint within 24 hours it will be resolved. I am still waiting and counting days...

Worst of all the whole tata group doesnt have any accountable persons email address or contact number , to let them know that the services they provide are pathetic.

While searching for the numbers of top management for tata broadband i bumped into a million hate pages for tata broadband.

I just have one wish that Ratan tata does a google search for tata indicom and sees for himself what is happening in his country and how they are ruining such a great name of TATA.

Va

Comments

• Va
      1st of Sep, 2006

Yes, Tata Indicom is just a company full of cheats & fraudsters giving no service for your money.
    I applied for a 64kbps unlimited connection(Infinity-64) at Rs.800/month to use it as a backup for my current internet connection. Their representative, a Mr.Vikram, showed up at my home early in the morning at 10am(early in the sense that I go to sleep at 5am) on May 9th, 2005 & had me fill their registration form(Form Number 1210692) & took a cheque of Rs.552(Rs.500+10.2% tax towards setup charges) & said that I’ll have a connection in 10-15 days!! Astounding as it was(as there’s no company that takes 15 days to get you connected, it usually with 3-4 days), I accepted it.

After 12 days, I got a call from their office that it’ll take another 10-15 days for me to get a connection as ports on their servers are full. ### as it is, I still accepted!! Now after 1 month, I called that lowly son of a ### Vikram to tell me whether they are gonna give me a connection or not. He said that they are experiencing problems & will have me connected in 1 week. Problems??!! Big deal?? Not my problem!! I told him that he has 3 days, either connect me or make a refund!! I called him up 4 days later & demanded a refund. He said that I should fax an application or I want, he can come & collect it from me. I said ok, come & collect from me. He promised to come in the evening. 1 week passed & I still hadn’t heard from him. I called him up in the morning today & asked whether his evening has come or not, he started ###ting me by giving the ###-n-bull story of he not being in Delhi!! I asked when am I gonna get a refund & he said that he’s reaching office in 10 minutes & will have their manager call me!! Its past middday & apparently he hasn’t reached office yet!! Has he died on his way there, I sincerely hope so!!!

So the moral of this incident? Never get a connection from Tata Indicom, they suck!! All they want & do is to get your money & then they forget you, no refund & no service, your money is as good as gone!! Second moral is never pay an advance to get a service like this to these companies when they are not delivering within a week. Third moral is, pay by a Credit Card always. If I’d paid by a Credit Card, then I’d simply would’ve done a chargeback & be done with it, no problems at all.

1st of Sep, 2006

I completely agree with the above people and the remarks they have posted for TATA INDICOM. They are a bunch of cheats working under a plush brand name of TATA. Exactly as Amit’s story, these guys had approached me ( Kalkaji, New Delhi ) after I enquired about the broadband connection, they took the advance money and then one guy came after 20 days ( after repeated phone calls ) to put the cable, the connection was still not there. After 15 more days of followup with countless people the coonection is still NOT activated. These buggers don’t pick the phone., if they do, ( by accident ) they will not reply back and worse the customer service guys don’t know whats happening to your account, forget others.

I think like Amit and the second customer I also have lost my money, I would like to take these suckers to some customer court or report to some NEWS channel to blow up this whole affair.

B******s !!

1st of Sep, 2006

well, Abhijeet, you can file a complaint with the local office of National Consumer Disputes Redressal Commission near your place(that’ll be South Delhi?). though I doubt any good will come!!

• Ra
      12th of Sep, 2007
    Tata Indicom - Fraud and cheating!
    India

1. My mobile no 9250001605, tataindicom made false promises to me by saying free mobile phone instrument to us, however at the time of surrendering, we realized that this is not free but is on emi basis. EMI of 200/- is charged every month along with the bill. Nobody told us that this bill plan is actually an emi.

2. We were never told about exit clause as well, which is applicable if you are canceling phone connection before years. We were simply cheated by tata indicom and now tata indicom wanted us to pay 2500/- for canceling.

Best regards and beware!

Tata Indicome - WRONG BILL
    TATA
    Mississippi

RESPECTED SIR,
    HMARE 3 MOBILE JO KI RAKESH KUMAR KE NAM SE HAI UNKA NUMBER 9215597655, 97756, 97757 HAI JISKA BILL KAI MONTH SE WRONG AA RHA HAI HUM TATA KE OFFICE ME BHI JATE HAI TO STAFF KUCH NAHI KARTA HMARI KUCH CALLS AGRA, NAGPUR, JALANDHAR OR BHI KAI CALLS HAI JO WRONG HAI HMARA AGRA, NAGPUR, JALANDHAR ME KOI NAHI HAI HAR BAR CALL BILL STATEMENT ME DIKHA DETE HAI OR 4/10/2007 KO 97757 WALA PHONE CATNE KE LIYE KHA THA TO KHNE LGE KI DATE 10 TAK AANA PHIR DUBAR KHA TO PHONE KAT DIYA LEKIN USKA RENT BHI LAG KE AA GYA PLEASE BATAO KI KYA KRE HUM ETNA BILL NAHI BHAR SAKTE JO GALAT HAI PLESE HUMARA BILL KE BARE ME SOCHE YE HAMARE SATH HI NAHI HO RHA BHUT LOGO KE SATH HO RHA HAI BHUT CUSTMER BOL RHE HOTE HAI PLEASE ESKE BARE ME SOCHE PHONE CATNE KE BAD BHI 57 WALE KA RENT AAYA HUA HAI

• Su
      15th of May, 2008

Since last three days, here is no network coverage in IMT Manesar, May I know how much time you required to solve the same

• Ra
      27th of Dec, 2008

I could not call to custmer care by my mobile, It dont connect to cust.care last one moth why.

I called to cust care by banother mobile but they did not give me right sujetion. I have to some question about the rechage and stv.

Please help me as soon as possible

• Ab
      2nd of Sep, 2009
    Tata Indicome - Executive is not work in proper maner
    Tata Indicome
    India

In Tata indicom service is very poor as compare any lala chap company and all costumer staff spending time job just like a honeymoon

I insure Tata-Indicome in Patna City service as compare to other city service rating 5%
    I have apply last one month land line connection number with proper documentation after that executive Mr Santosh is pay with fake commitment

1. Fist paper miss place
    2. Kindly submitted again after that submitted but still reply in evening start
    3. Again I call why you are given me diplomatic reply for activation than give again reply which paper you are submitted snap and documents is not valid

After that I call to them I have submitted to you with having original copy and you are taken a print in our office and give me a reply than what problem with you

Than told I am know Gass connection is not valid so please come again this happen for prepaid connection what we assume

We have these document when my last visit in Patna Tata Office (Maharaja Complete)

1. Passport Original copy with Photo Copy
    6. LPG Gass connection
    7. Pass port size snaps available on Connection Time
    8. Bank statement for Patna & Delhi Account
    9. Employee Id Card

After that if TATA –Indicom not providing service it’s mean in Patna staff should be change by other city due to change complete office culture main think office open timing is 11:00AM, they shown backlog in our country

Regards