[Resolved] TATA Indicom / Tata indicom is a scam!

India Review updated:
I had booked for a tataindicom broadband connection. I had got in touch with the sales person and he visited my residence, as per procedure and collected all the necessary documents and i paid him 500/- as cash, 50/- as his charge!! Well i was promised the connection in 2 days, but its already 15 days now and still i have no clue whats the status of my connection. Well the sales guy whom i had contacted doesn't pick my call. I called up customer care to check about it, but they asked for application number. I stated the application no which was mentioned on the form, but they said its invalid and they cant help!!

Well my question Is TataI ndicom is aware about these sales guys, as that guy had a ID of the Co?? If so how can they say that they are responsible??

Well i have submitted documents also, i am not sure whom to approach!! But i would request others please don't trust the sales guys, they are more or less cheaters!! Please be careful before submitting your documents. Don't pay the deposit until and unless u get the connection!!

Resolution statement

Tata Teleservices Customer Care's Response, May 24, 2010

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused to you.

We would like to inform that your complaint has been put before the concerned department. We have accorded it top priority and are expressly working towards resolving it at the earliest. We should revert to you shortly, request you to kindly bear with us in the interim.

Should you require any further assistance please mail us at Customer.care@tatatel.co.in.

Tata Teleservices Customer Care's Response, Aug 14, 2010

Greetings from Tata Indicom!

We apologize for the inconvenience you had to go through because of us and request you kindly provide us your e-mail Id, Tata Indicom number or your alternate contact number to get in touch with you.

Dear Mr. Anjul Kumar

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused to you.

We have registered your complaint vide docket number NTT0711240702 and will revert to you shortly.

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused to you.

We would like to inform you that, we are unable to trace your records with the given number 9230018577, hence request you to kindly provide the correct connection details i.e, account number or application number, which will assist us in doing the needful.

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused to you.

We would like to inform you that, the speed of Tata Indicom Photon+ is Upto 3.1 Mbps Downlink but the actual internet speed will depend on multiple factors like, time of the day, number of simultaneous users, web page accessed, etc.

Tata Teleservices Customer Care's Response, Feb 17, 2011
Dear Mr.Niranjan

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused to you.

We have confirmed from concerned department that the issue has been resolved, you already received refund cheque.

Tata Teleservices Customer Care's Response, Apr 27, 2011
Dear Mr.Ashok,

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused to you.

We earnestly request you to give us a chance to rectify our issues and serve you better.

Tata Teleservices Customer Care's Response, Jul 09, 2011
Dear Mr. Sumit,

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused to you.

We would like to inform you that, our concerned department spoke to you and updated the resolution.

Should you require any further assistance please mail us at Customer.care@tatatel.co.in or you can call us on 040-66570232 (10 am to 6 pm from Monday to Saturday).

Tata Teleservices Customer Care's Response, Sep 28, 2011
"Dear Mr. Khagendra,

Greetings from Tata Indicom!

We would like to inform you that, our concern department verified all the records and found that you are wrongly charged. So your amount will be credited in your account.

Should you require any further assistance please mail us at Customer.care@tatatel.co.in or you can call us on 040-66570232.

"
Tata Teleservices Customer Care's Response, Dec 20, 2011
Dear Mr. Virendra,

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused to you.

We regret to inform you that, as per the process we are unable to provide the same number for different circle.

Tata Teleservices Customer Care's Response, Dec 24, 2011
Dear Mr. Gaurav,

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused to you.

We would like to inform you that, our concerned department spoke to you and updated the resolution regarding the complaint on caller tune activation bearing vide docket number BAL0724017013 and weaver has been posted to you.

For any further assistance please mail us at Customer.care@tatatel.co.in or you can call us on 040-66570232.

Tata Teleservices Customer Care's Response, Dec 28, 2011
Dear Mr. Sahil Dogra,

Greetings from Tata Docomo!

We would like to inform you that, we have confirmed from the concerned department that, there was no wrong billing and you are charged as per the usage.

Ro

Comments

Bi
  6th of Aug, 2009
Tata Incom is a cheat. They cheat everywhere.They cheat me on Photon Plus. Nver take a connection.
  22nd of Aug, 2009

Tata Indicom - PEOPLE ARE VERY IRRESPONSIBLE
TATA INDICOM

HI,
MYSELF SADANAND PATKAR, TATA INDICOM NO. 9225651349, I M USING THIS NUMBER FROM LAST APPRX. 2MONTHS. EVERY NOW & THEN I AM FACING PROBLEM AGAINST IT. EVERY DAY I NEED TO CALL CUSTOMER CARE FOR HELP. TOP OF THAT THEY ARE NOT READY TO CO-OPERATE. LOTS OF TIME THEY EVEN DID DISCONNECT MY CALL. NOW THEY HAVE STARTED SAYING THAT I AM LIEING WITH THEM ABOUT MY PROBLEM. I AM REALLY FED UP WITH THIS SERVICE NOW. EVER I HAD MAILED TO HIGHER AUTHORITY OF TATA INDICOM'S. AND IT'S REALLY A SHAME THAT EVEN THEY HAVE NOT TOOK ANY SERIOUS ACTION AGAINST IT. IF ANY TOP AUTHORITY OF TATA INDICOM'S READ THIS MESSAGE, I WOULD LIKE TO GIVE YOU SUGGESTION TO PUT A BIG LOCK TO YOUR COMPANY AND DO NOT WASTE PUBLIC'S MONEY & THEIR PRECIOUS TIME.
Ri
  25th of Aug, 2009

Tata Indicom - FAKE PROMISE
TATA
India

I have brought a new Tata Indicom connection under a “Money Back Offer”.
A plan consisting of a post paid connection with a mobile handset all including a cost of Rs. 1700/- (1200 for the handset and 500 as a onetime deposit). I was tricked into this plan, by the customer service team from TI, who conveyed me that Tata to Tata Free includes calls from Tata to Tata Docomo (the new GSM sim that’s launched).

Please Refer to the below communication stating the same.

I have reported the fraud to the customer service team and have told them to cancel my plan and refund me the money, but they seem to take no response or action on it. It’s a sorry state that guys like me are cheated knowingly or unknowingly and then the company turns their back on us. They even suggested that taking a legal action, doesn’t worry them much as they have a separate team which deals specifically with all such cases.
Gi
  31st of Aug, 2009
Hi,

m girish m patel from surat, rander. I had taken a internet connection at my place with two month subscription free as per the executives sitting at the tata indicom center tadwadi opp friends classes. i was told that two months subscription will be given free and after two months one bill of 0.00 amount will be produce to me at that time i have to confirm my scripts (which script i have to choose). But it happens wrong that without any of the 0.00 amount bill i received a bill of 500.00 and above in that, they did that without any information to me and without any coordination they claimed a bill script of 749.00/-. But yet i had not paid to them. because i want them to take in the court for cheating with the clients and even i will publish this topic in the news paper itself.
  3rd of Dec, 2009

Tata Indicom - billing

Hello,

This is a complaing regarding tata indicom the poor service provider I have a postpaid connection from past 3 years and first 4 months i received my bill but after that I have not received the bill I always have to ask for a duplicate copy of bill and also that comes after due date and every time they add 75 rs penalty for late payment i have made complaint regarding that atleast 100 times but nothing happen every time I only get an assurance that next time I will receive the bill But nothing I am getting tired with that so I have only option that i should go to Consumer court with that can some one help me about that procedure???

Anoop Kumar
Ve
  19th of Dec, 2009
we have approached customer care for a new connection for centrex under the group connections of Sri Rama Sales Corporation, 66568381 and after making the payment of Rs.600/- we were allotted no 66568380 on 02.12.2009 but so far not activated, we have also sent details to the said mail id neekosam@yahoo.com but not received any response. One executive by name Mr Venkatesh had come for the new connection from Himayathnagar, but now with great difficulty got the number of Himayathnagar dealer 64511115 we were told that there is no executive by name Mr Venkatesh.

What is our fate now, whom should we complaint the tata indicom or the consumer forum.

you may speak to the undersigned for clarification
VENKATESH
96184 73694
Al
  31st of Dec, 2009
well even m using tata indicom broadband connection. flash 256.with 1.5 mbps night unlimited plan. Til now m not facing any problem with the connection. N the agent who comes to my place to introduce new plans seems to be good.He gives me sufficient information without much delay.I was amazed to read all the comments coz my experience with tata is pretty goog.Who knows, mayb m the lucky few who get away lucky...
He
  6th of Jan, 2010
I am so frustrated with this company right now.
I had this Tata broadband connection always had a problem with the billing.And now as I've terminated the service they've miss-pelt my name on the check they've issued which is about a Rs1000 chg.Its been more than 3 three months and they still have not corrected my name.I suggest everyone think a hundred times before you give them your business.
Ta
  7th of Jan, 2010
Dear Valued Customer,

Greetings from Tata Indicom! We are really sorry for the inconvenience caused to you. We would earnestly request you to give us a chance to rectify our issues and serve you better.

To be able to do so, can I request you for a number or an e-mail Id that we can get in touch with you on? Should you require any further assistance please mail us at tatateleserviceslimited@gmail.com or you can call us on 040-66570232 (10 am to 6 pm from Monday to Saturday).

Thanking you

Customer Care - Tata Indicom
  9th of Jan, 2010
Hello,

See I posted a complaint later on I got only One response That is
"Dear Mr.Anoop Kumar

Greeting from Tata indicom!

We request you kindly send your Tata indicom connection details which will help us to assist you on priority.

Thanks and regards
TATA Indicom"

After that No response
Su
  18th of Apr, 2010
as per scheme we have recharge of 25 rs on 9213269798 and as return whave to get 75 rs call free which should be used in 15 dats but this scheme is not accesed yet
So tell the solution as soon as possible
Ta
  22nd of Apr, 2010

Tata Indicom - false offer
Raj hosiery
India

i am the user of TATA walky the company has sent us the 2 passes of cinemax theater which the passes validity was already over so they send a letter along with the passes that this passes are valid till 30April. so i went in cinemax to watch the movie with the passes, i shown them the passes they said the passes are not valid i shown the letter also to them bt nothing happen i spend my 500rs frm my pocket and watch the movie. i dont know y this company like TATA INDICOM is fooling & harrasing to us.
Pa
  22nd of May, 2010

Tata Indicom - Complain against tata indicom AUTOMATIC service

This is paresh somani, my tata indicom mobile no is +919229561217
On Date 20/05/10 time 9:32am I received a call from a customer care executive(phone- +911726605620), he told me that my no was selected for that day and told me regarding welcome tunes, I told am NOT INTERESTED but he didn't stop, when I end up that call, I received a message that "as per my balance am subscribed to welcome tunes for Rs.30"
On next day I was charged Rs10 for selecting a song though I didn't make any such attempt
Company itself has subscribed the service and I lost an amt of Rs.40
On complaining about this, I didn't get any fair reply!!!
Pa
  28th of May, 2010
I already complained about my cell no-9229561217 but didn't get my balance back, nor the service was discontinued!!
When you are to decide whether customer needs the service than please provide extra balance so that we can afford your services
Your executive called & told me about welcome tunes and subscribed it WITHOUT MY PERMISSION
I want whole Rs.40 back to my account!!
This is my 4th or 5th complain!!
  1st of Jun, 2010

Tata Indicom - Balance deduction
sndpkmr69@gmail.com

Hi, Sir My name is sandeep and live in delhi. Iam a user of TATA indicom which is a prepaid no two times services has been activated without intimation on the no is 9213161032. Ist is caller tune which i dont have Requested than i type a mail and send it TATA nodal office. The nodal officer Name is Mr.Mayank Jain whether i got a contact no-011-66558101 which i have dial from my cell phone the call pick by Mr.Gauri i told him the caller tune has been activated but i dont have made request for it than mr gori on call promise me to that balance will be refund in next 24 hr but still balance not refund today i make the call for the same and informed that instead of reversal of Rs 30 /- Rs 30/- more deducted from my accounts i make call than he says love express service is activated on your No- 9213161032 the same things happend instead of credit balance balance go debited from my mobile . It is a my humble Request to you kindly check a neccesarry action Regarding this i will be very Grateful to.

Yours Truly
Sandeep Kumar
Ji
  8th of Jul, 2010

Tata Indicom - Regarding Malfunctioning of Tata Walky No 01806451252.
tata indicom

To

The Manager,
Tata Teleservices, Ltd,
Circle Karnal.

SUB:- Regarding Malfunctioning of Tata Walky No 01806451252.

R/Sir,

I am using above mentioned Tata Indicom Postpaid Walky Connection since June 2007, I was completely satisfied with your services but during few months my Walky Handset is not working properly. I raised this issue several times, with your Customer Care Cell, issue is not resolved yet. Since last month handset is dead.

I have raised my first complaint on 03/06/2010 but your Executive not visited my home upto 08/06/201o then again I have raised complaint on 08/06/2010 but upto 13/06/2010 visit not arranged..

On 13/06/2010 executive came to my home and make handset totally dead. On the same day, I have raise complaint to replace handset and customer care informed me issue will be resolved upto 14/06/2010 but postponed upto 17/06/2010 again they postponed upto 29/06/2010.

On 25/06/2010 your executive provided me a repaired handset LSP400 which was not worked properly. The major fault in the handset was poor network and battery charging problem. I again raised complaint raised on the same day i.e. 25/06/2010 and customer care informed me issue will be resolved upto 26/06/2010. But once again your executive not visited my home.

Again I raised complaint for this and customer care informed me issue will be resolved upto 28/06/2010. On 28/06/2010 your customer care cell informed me that they have sent a special e-mail to your Panipat Service Centre to replace the handset, but once again no response received from service centre.

I was totally irritated with service provided by service centre as well as concerned Engineer, so I decided to disconnection my no. 0180-6451252. On 01/07/2010, an officer visited my home and promised to change my Handset LSP 400 with a new LSP 350 but no action taken by your service centre upto 05/07/2010. On 06/07/2010 one of your executive visited my home he just checked the set and changed its antenna and charger. But the fault remains same and your executive completely refused to change handset. LSP 350.

I have mentioned all the problem faced by me due to poor service provided by your Service centre/ concerned engineers.

Please take the necessary action for the above issue, and you have to decide I should pay bill for this month or not and also you want to continue my connection or disconnect it.

If your want any clarification please call me on my Delhi no 08800132068.

I am awaiting for your response.

Thanks

Jitender Kumar
Contact No 08800132068
Ba
  9th of Jul, 2010

Tata Indicom - This first bill arrived 20 days later by which time the company had disabled even outcoming calls
Tata Indicom

A phone was installed without STD, Computer connections. When asked to provide, the company asked to pay first bill. This first bill arrived 20 days later by which time the company had disabled even outcoming calls. Since I was out of station the phone was not used and the bill could not be paid. On complaint to Tata, the company promptly disabled the incoming calls as well.

Three months later, the company sends LEGAL NOTICE of action if bill of Rs 2000 not paid. My contention is that the phone worked only for 10 days and that too for local calls. Not more than 10 local calls made.
Af
  14th of Jul, 2010

Tata Indicom - Nobody ever bothered to reply to the emails
tataindicom.com

We have applied for a landline and broadband connection from Tata Indicom on 22nd MAy 2006. For broadband the customer service representative took a cheque of INR 1292. The telephone connection was given in 5 days time but the broadband connection which was supposed to be up by May end has not been given even today 11th July 2006. The cheque has been encashed from my citibank account on 10th JUne 2006. Whenever I called up the customer care center someone(either shivangi/preeti/jatin etc etc) listened very patiently and gave a coplanit number. The latest being 138648. However then some times there would be no call or someone would call up and ask us to be at home at some odd time(11 a.m weekdays, 6 p.m. weekends) and we would keep waiting - no one turns up. I have raised mutiple call centre complaints, sent mails to customercare@vsnl.co.in. Noone ever bothered to reply to the emails - let alone resolve the problem.
Gr
  19th of Jul, 2010

Tata Indicom - I am very very disappointed by the service
tataindicom.com

I had used tataindicom walky for around five months due to some reason i had to stay in village for 2 months now when i am trying to refill i am not even able 2 talk to costomer service officer because my number is also cancelled when i enquired i was told to submit documents.even after submitting documents my number is not yet activated! i am very unhappy with the service ! if i am given an option to choose a phone for home i will never, nor will recommend any person to purchase a tataindicom walky! i am very very dissappointed by the service!!
Ja
  20th of Jul, 2010

Tata Indicom - hanset problem
jairaj
India

My office landline number set had some problem on 17 Jul, as it was not working, so we made a complaint with customer care for the same, we got a reply: we will attend u in 3 working day, so very funny, an office number will be switched of for 3days, cause tata tel has no time to send some one.. Also i went to tat indi office and they said the lanline set needs a replacement but they r out of stock.. Again a very frustration response from tata indicom.. Would request everyone to not use indicom ..

Tata Teleservices Logo Tata Teleservices