[Resolved] TATA Indicom / Tata indicom is a scam!

1 India Review updated:

I had booked for a tataindicom broadband connection. I had got in touch with the sales person and he visited my residence, as per procedure and collected all the necessary documents and i paid him 500/- as cash, 50/- as his charge!! Well i was promised the connection in 2 days, but its already 15 days now and still i have no clue whats the status of my connection. Well the sales guy whom i had contacted doesn't pick my call. I called up customer care to check about it, but they asked for application number. I stated the application no which was mentioned on the form, but they said its invalid and they cant help!!

Well my question Is TataI ndicom is aware about these sales guys, as that guy had a ID of the Co?? If so how can they say that they are responsible??

Well i have submitted documents also, i am not sure whom to approach!! But i would request others please don't trust the sales guys, they are more or less cheaters!! Please be careful before submitting your documents. Don't pay the deposit until and unless u get the connection!!

• Resolution statement

• Tata Teleservices Customer Care's Response, May 24, 2010

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused to you.

We would like to inform that your complaint has been put before the concerned department. We have accorded it top priority and are expressly working towards resolving it at the earliest. We should revert to you shortly, request you to kindly bear with us in the interim.

Should you require any further assistance please mail us at Customer.care@tatatel.co.in.

• Tata Teleservices Customer Care's Response, Aug 14, 2010

Greetings from Tata Indicom!

We apologize for the inconvenience you had to go through because of us and request you kindly provide us your e-mail Id, Tata Indicom number or your alternate contact number to get in touch with you.

Dear Mr. Anjul Kumar

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused to you.

We have registered your complaint vide docket number NTT0711240702 and will revert to you shortly.

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused to you.

We would like to inform you that, we are unable to trace your records with the given number 9230018577, hence request you to kindly provide the correct connection details i.e, account number or application number, which will assist us in doing the needful.

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused to you.

We would like to inform you that, the speed of Tata Indicom Photon+ is Upto 3.1 Mbps Downlink but the actual internet speed will depend on multiple factors like, time of the day, number of simultaneous users, web page accessed, etc.

• Tata Teleservices Customer Care's Response, Feb 17, 2011

Dear Mr.Niranjan

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused to you.

We have confirmed from concerned department that the issue has been resolved, you already received refund cheque.

• Tata Teleservices Customer Care's Response, Apr 27, 2011

Dear Mr.Ashok,

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused to you.

We earnestly request you to give us a chance to rectify our issues and serve you better.

• Tata Teleservices Customer Care's Response, Jul 09, 2011

Dear Mr. Sumit,

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused to you.

We would like to inform you that, our concerned department spoke to you and updated the resolution.

Should you require any further assistance please mail us at Customer.care@tatatel.co.in or you can call us on 040-66570232 (10 am to 6 pm from Monday to Saturday).

• Tata Teleservices Customer Care's Response, Sep 28, 2011

"Dear Mr. Khagendra,

Greetings from Tata Indicom!

We would like to inform you that, our concern department verified all the records and found that you are wrongly charged. So your amount will be credited in your account.

Should you require any further assistance please mail us at Customer.care@tatatel.co.in or you can call us on 040-66570232.

"

• Tata Teleservices Customer Care's Response, Dec 20, 2011

Dear Mr. Virendra,

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused to you.

We regret to inform you that, as per the process we are unable to provide the same number for different circle.

• Tata Teleservices Customer Care's Response, Dec 24, 2011

Dear Mr. Gaurav,

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused to you.

We would like to inform you that, our concerned department spoke to you and updated the resolution regarding the complaint on caller tune activation bearing vide docket number BAL0724017013 and weaver has been posted to you.

For any further assistance please mail us at Customer.care@tatatel.co.in or you can call us on 040-66570232.

Customer care

• Tata Teleservices Customer Care's Response, Dec 28, 2011

Dear Mr. Sahil Dogra,

Greetings from Tata Docomo!

We would like to inform you that, we have confirmed from the concerned department that, there was no wrong billing and you are charged as per the usage.

Customer care

Ro

Comments

21st of Jul, 2006
    Tata Indicom - Regarding telephone lines not working properly
    India

I am fed of the tata indicom lines. We are having 5 lines in name of company and one line 67024021 which is our std / ISD line is not working properly. You are giving us the hope that the compliant will be resolved after 6 working hours after lodging the complaint.

But, Sorry to say that these false commitments from your side. I have been put forward the complaint thrice from yesterday but my problem was not resolved till now.

What a horrible service is this???

Look into the matter as earliest that it is affecting the business.

• Su
      1st of Aug, 2006

Now a day's with this advancement in technology! Any one can cheat you if you are not awaken!! It is not only banks.. they will give you bunch of documents and ask you to read a astriks.. But my case is diffrent. Tata indicom is a well known brand. Every one is aware of it. But i have't expected such a bad experience in their site www.tataindicombroadband.co.in. Their payment gate way is complete ###.. It shows your transaction is failed but the money is swiped out of my card.. Even after the month they are not responding to my complaint.. I don't know .. Is there is any government athorites are here to monitor such a frauds... Surly I hav't expect it from TATA..

• Ra
      5th of Sep, 2006
    Tata Indicom - Non response of dealer
    India

My wife had purchased this LG set with Tata Indicom connection on 25.07.06. After it went blackout on 25.08.2006, the set was handed over to the dealer - M/s AIMA, 164, Bidhan Sarani Kolkata 7000006, India for repair. Though they had assured that the set will be oK within 3 working days we got it back only on 04.09.06. The woman at the shop did not demonstrate the working, saying that the phone is not having any charge left but after putting it in charge at home it would function properly. Today the phone was kept in charge and after switcing it ON - it immdtly again went blackout.

M/s AIMA is refusing to accept any responsibility now.

19th of Sep, 2006
    Tata Indicom - Display not working
    India

I am very frusted with the new connection of tataindicom postpaid connection and net services of this company, which has been installed after 20 days and now the net is not working from day one and set display is not working. And there is no one to listen this complaint.

Anshuman

• Sh
      23rd of Sep, 2006
    Tata Indicom - Delay in service
    India

Tata Indicom Broad Band service provider claims that any request made for renewal pack will be delivered within 48 hours. But I am very unhappy to bring to your notice that this is not true. On August 26th I had placed an order for a renewal pack. When I did not get the pack within the stipulated time I kept calling them. Instead of immediate action being taken, the service provider just kept apologising and did not do much to speed up the matter. I got the renewal only after one week.
    The incident was repeated again this week. The order was placed on Wedneday the 20th of September. We got the pack only on 24th evening.

I think this is not in keeping with their claim of delivering within 48 hours.
    A big company like Tata Indicom should ensure that such delays are avoided

• Va
      25th of Sep, 2006
    Tata Indicom - Got Sick of tata indicom broadband connection
    India

I have applied for a pre-paid connection 4 months back. Till now I haven't got the connection. I had waited for 1.5 months and then registered a cancellation request, now it is around3 months, not yet got my money back. Everyday I trying to call them, all the numbers provided by them are fake except the customer care which is located at Hyderabad, where they are not able to provide us any details other than a compliant number.

Got Sick of tata indicom broadband connection....

• Ab
      11th of Oct, 2006
    Tata Indicom - Low speed of internet
    India

I am using Tata internet connection till 6 months at veraval somnath.I have a fish exporting co. My totally business is overseas company related so my totally business is done via internet. but there is a problem with the internet speed, i cant open a single page.i have to wait for a long time to open a single page. what is this.i cant believe that such a big co. like tata cant solve this problem. i have submitted a lot of emails to the region office of tata. but still i face the same problem.
    i think they dont eager to keep business ahead, & i think they will succeed in their aim.

• Am
      18th of Oct, 2006

I have taken Tata Indicom new connection for Internet and now its almost a month times and they didn’t provide me with the data cable for which I have been charged at the time of the taking the connection. More I have spent some more than Rs300 in calling them and requesting them to give me the same but now they are simply not picking up my call. Also my bill is generated and I didn’t receive me bill and they ask me to pay the bill for the connection which I m not able to use. My due date is 26th and when I asked them that I will pay the bill sharply on first of every month as I will get my salary on that day and If I fail in doing so then they can charge my late fees but they are not ready for that as well they also not ready for changing my billing cycle rather they gave me the idea I can discontinue my connection..I have tried looking for a number where I can seek help but couldn’t find from their website. Please help me

24th of Oct, 2006
    Tata Indicom - Making fool of customers!

In January i had take one mobile from Tata ( plan 0-1-2-3 ) which was valid for two years. Now all of sudden they had stop this card, now if we want to recharge our card which is essential then this card will be void. I think this is a cheating with customers they had advertise their scheme very largely by 2 famous film stars. I'd mailed them but not got any response. Let me know if any one can help me in this.

Regards,
    sanjay.

24th of Oct, 2006
    Tata Indicom - I wish Tataindom go down and ultimately closed down
    India

Hello, this is santosh and here i m using tataindicom mobile for last 5 months. Tataindicom is MadarChod number one company. whatever to say to this company is less, i never saw any other ### mobile company.

here they are charging me even for giving miss call.whenever i try to give miss call to anyone, my recharge value reduced. i dont know what they did with my mobile. i m trying to contact sustomet care for last 15 days but i never ever get connected. every service is bad. neither network, nor service, customer care.

can TataIndicom repay me whatever i loss in giving miss call to people? MADARCHOD, if u cant provide god service then stop this company.

wish Tataindom go down and ultimately closed down.

• Na
      1st of Nov, 2006
    Tata Indicom - Handset not working in roaming
    India

I took tata connection on 14 oct 06 with national roaming plan from jodhpur Rajasthen. The very next day i moved to another state (DELHI) but my handset not working since that. I complained for that to tata hub in jodhpur, delhi & in noida also but they just said that roaming is activated from our server and can not help u any more.

• Pa
      27th of Nov, 2006
    Tata Indicom - Unstoppable constant reminders of bill payments
    India

I am having a connection of tata indicom wireless telephone and the staff of the company constantly keep reminding of the bill payment. first they call for whether we have received the bill then they start calling daily 3 -4 days before the due date which is very disturbing i think the authoriy should stop this i have even told them to charge extra if i don't make the payment on time but to stop calling but they don't stop their practice.

• Mi
      27th of Nov, 2006

Very poor internet service every 5-10 min. net goes off , i have to refresh all the pages, my down load stops, my chat window goes off , no use of customer care 15-20 min. waiting also no toll-free service, poor reply from service just ask me to restart the computer which will solve my problem.

I think this is very poor service from tata company they are having strong background in indian for there various industries, but internet service is realy poooooooooooor.

• Ve
      13th of Dec, 2006
    Tata Indicom - No deposit return
    India

I have asked TATA INDICOM to disconnect my connection, take back the instrument and give me back my deposit but have till date no response from these guys for collecting the instrument. Also the stupid IVRS does not give me any option to talk to a agent (human...).

Sad state because i regard the TATA group as the people who have done most to the country even above our freedom fighters.

• Vi
      14th of Dec, 2006
    Tata Indicom - Stay away or get a headache!
    India

never ever take Tata Indicom connection as it will work for only 20% of the time and rest of yr life will go in trying to make them listen to yr complaints and that will still have no effect as the connection will come up only upon it's natural cycle time.

They should be penalized for all the phone calls customers have had to make and the hassle caused.

• Ru
      15th of Dec, 2006

Name Indicom itself is a complaint...

• Pr
      27th of Dec, 2006
    Tata Indicom - Defective Walky, poor service
    India

I had a Walky from Tata Indicom. The instrument got defective and the company changed the instrument after much haggling (they keep saying they don't have spare instruments of same type). However, they gave an older type of the instrument, promising that whenever the new type is available, they will replace. However, the time has never come. In spite of repeated calls, they are yet to change and provide me the newer model (my internet kit is operable only on the newer type LSP 350T but they have given me LSP 345 currently).

In addition, they ask for Rs. 1000 to provide me the newer version of the phone (which was the one I was formerly having with me). Suggest everyone do not use TATA Indicom Walky.

• As
      27th of Dec, 2006
    Tata Indicom - Economic harassment
    India

I applied for disconnecting two of my Tata Indicom mobiles and after 50 days still the phones are active and am paying the rent for them.

Have logged complaint several times and is every time assured that Tata Indicom technical team will follow up after 48 hrs but 48 Hrs never show up.

Their office people mislead and say that the phone has been disconnected, and asking customer care reveals the truth that nothing has been done and be ready to pay for next bill.

I am highly frustrated by the service provided by such a great Brand Name (TATA) in India.

"No Customer Focus" is their logo, this is at max i can say about the service provider.

• Ku
      1st of Jan, 2007
    Tata Indicom - Non refund of deposit
    India

I have shifted my tataindicoam phone from post paid to pre paid on 27-6-2006 and requested refund of deposit. Phone is shifted to prepaid but deposit is not refunded even after visiting customer care for 3 times. Tata cheats customers!

• In
      2nd of Jan, 2007

The TATA Indicom service is very poor.