Tata Indicom Broadband / Isp / Multiple complaints with no result!

I am a TATA indicom broadband customer for the past one year. But I had really faced a bad time with your service many times. I am fed up making complaint calls to 66540121 and then making follow-ups. My broadband user id is benedicth@vsnl.net.

This week I had the worst time with your service. I am not able to connect to internet on 13th of Feb. So I made a called up a local service personal and made a complaint with him. He said he will look in to it. But there was no response from his side so I took it so called Tata indicom customer care (who doesn’t even care of customers) on 14th Feb. I was said they will get rid of the problem in another 24 hrs (complaint number: 1684768). I did not get a good response from the service people. A guy came to home stating he was the service engineer. (he came 1 hr later than the appointment time). He checked the connection for another 2 hrs and finally he said “Sorry sir I don’t know what is happening. If I had a laptop I would made that work”. (If service personal comes to service, it is his responsibility to carry his service equipment. It is not the customer’s responsibility). As a result he wasted my 3 hrs of my office timing. So I called the next day (on 16th Feb) to know about the status of my complaint. I was shocked to hear the complaint was closed stating that the connection is working fine and it was confirmed with customer (i.e., me. I don’t know this type of genius part of work will happen in customer care. This is the fist place where I was cheated). So I asked to reopen the complaint. But they replied there is no option of re-opening the complaint (I don’t know whether I was cheated at this point). Finally they have registered as a new complaint: 1698738. I have asked the customer care guy to escalate the call and he gave to some other guy stating that he was his supervisor (I don’t know whether I am cheated at this point). The supervisor assured me that he will take care of the problem and get me solution before 17th Feb by 12PM.

Finally a service engineer came and looked into the problem. Some how he made www.msn.com to work and he left. Later I have found that there are many problems with the internet connection.
For example:
1. I was not able to open any SSL enabled sites.
2. I was not able to connect to any of the messengers like Yahoo, same time client etc… (I hope the port may be blocked)
3. I was not able to access the mail using the client (may be because port is blocked)
4. I am not able to access Tata indicom internet account and mail account (The great service engineer had reset the password of my account and not intimated me)

When I got a confirmation call I said the above complaints. But there is no response till now from the service engineer’s side. I am fed up calling to customer care. I am sure that the complaint might be closed even though I had given a negative feedback.

I had the problem in connecting to internet in the previous week too (6th and 7th I hope... Well, I don’t remember the complaint number). I think it would be good that you register a complaint on each and every customer. So that this will decrease the overhead on customers making calls to customer care.

This is not the fist mail to the customer care. I already have many reply mails saying “Sorry… Sorry …. We will take care this will not happen next time”. But this time I am not expecting the same formal answer. I am expecting some thing done to the affected customer. Also I don’t want the above statement written only in formal words. Simply stay away from Tata Indicom Broadband / ISP!

N  19th of Sep, 2007 by
my conection renew my account nathani bharat from one week and 2days till conection is closed my complate no 3595962
A  3rd of Jul, 2009 by
I am a new user and does feel like this is the way Tata indicom Broadband works.. Sure does make the Tata name go to dust.

Tata Teleservices Logo Tata Teleservices