Tata Indica Xeta GLS / Shaman Motors (Mumbai) and TATA Indica Xeta - a script for a funny movie!

1 India Review updated:

This is my complaint letter that i wrote to TATA but didnt get any response from them !!

I am feeling so bad that i bought a Tata Car. I am writing to u for the second time. My Car number is MH-01-VA-3752(Indica V2 Xeta GLS). I bought this car in April fro Shaman Motors (Mumbai) and it has been to the service centre for some 10 times. and still the problems dont get rectified. Please i request someone Higher than Shaman motors to look into the matter personally because its of no point me giving the car to shaman every 25-30 days to solve the problem. First of all whenever i get the car back from the service centre... i am always assured that the problem in my car would not have got rectified and i will have to give the car back to the workshop in a few days. This has happened every time i gave the car to the service center.

Let me start from in between of my complaints list:

I gave the car for first service with a complaint that i am getting a "Check Engine" warning every now and then. After i received my car after some four days, The car was delivered to my place Scraped and scratched as it used to happen before. So as usual it was the time to go back to service center. While getting the car to the center on the next day, due to bad luck a cabbie suddenly braked ahead of me and i met with a small accident and my bumper broke. So

I gave the car for the bumper repairs and check engine warning the car was at the service centre for some 20 days or more. Finally after repeated requests and phone calls i got the car back Where my the paint job done on the car was of the third order(Even roadside mechanics do a better job), the bumper wasnt fitted properly, the car must have been left open for these many days so it was full of dust inside the cabin, i couldnt drive the car because anyone will start sneezing, Horn wasnt working- they had not fitted the horn properly inside the bumper(it was stuck with bumper), Finally after having a hard time there i got atleast the horn fixed. When i was getting out of the service center i checked the Headlights because knowing these guys i was sure there will be a problem here too. And yes the right side's headlamp leveller wasnt working. so noted these things in the gatepass. i was really disturbed by their unprofessional service. Lastly to my surprise They had even managed to screw up the driver side's Seatbelt too (i dont know how thats possible). I regretted so much buying the this car.

Then suddenly a few days later i get the check engine light again. If you go back to your records u will find my complaint there too via internet... then due to your pressure and inquiry, superiors in shaman motors call me and tell me to drop the car back again assuring me that all faults will be dealt with and everything will be fixed. So again i go to the service centre and give my car back to them ... after three days i get a call saying that your car is ready. so they drop drop the car back to my place.. there i find out that headlamp leveler was still not working, and seat belt wasnt available, then they had some mechanic who was heading home come and fix it temporarily.(That job done is still Temporary).

Again i drive the car for a few days and Check Engine Strikes back !! (That time i cursed myself and tata Both for this Car !! and thought that why didnt i take my friends' and relatives' advice and buy a Maruti or Hyundai car But may be i Trusted TATA that time).

Then Now i wanted to drive down to Kerala on Sunday so i gave the car back to service center to get the Seatbelt Fixed and Check Engine Syndrome sorted. So after keeping the car in the service center for 3 days i get a call "Sir your Car is Ready"... Hahah I knew Its all ###. But still with positive hopes i left work early and went to the center to find the seatbelt fixed and the car not starting. I get a crap from them saying that it was water that had gone in the engine while washing. Actually they had managed to blow up the sensor (Map sensor). The Customer car Manager tells me that "Sir after all its a Machine-We shall look into this again" (Isnt it and idiotic thing to tell this a customer who keeps his car near to his heart? God knows what they were doing till today) Then again i return back home With the hope that i will get the car back the next day that is today. So Again i get a call from them saying "Sir the car is Ready" As i didnt want them to deliver the car home, i again went to the center. i saw the car switched on the car it Came on. i kept my fingers crossed thinking this will be the last Problem in the car. I drove out to go to work... Just after driving for 2 Kms The Check Engine Strikes Again !!! The car Vibrates and Starts Stalling. So i take a U-Turn and head back to the center.

Every time i give the car to the service center i waste so much fuel because of their Engine Testing. Then i have to spend traveling in the cab, then i have to stop work early or start late to go to the service center, then this mental trauma that i am getting every second day....

My 28 years old Yezdis and Jawas are not giving me so much Problem as this 8 month old car Such an Irony both owners are Parsis.

Everyone wants to make money but who is going to pay for all this i am going through.

I always had respect for Tatas and i still Do respect them but these kind of experiences are killing the reputation and respect that Tatas have created and earned). Now i accept that my decision of buying a Tata car was and is wrong. I should have believed other people who used to say that tatas can make Trucks and Not cars !! I am regretting for my Decision. And i shall Never ever advice or recommend anyone to buy a Tata Car. Thats where Hyundai and Maruti wins. You guys cannot sort out a problem in "YOUR" car and claim big..... Shame on Indians where Koreans and Japanese cars are becoming popular.

Now my car is back in the service center for 7 days as i am leaving for Kerala on Sunday in a Santro for 6-7 days so please contact me on 13/01/07 or only after 20th January and please do the needful if u want to feel proud to be an Indian Car Manufacturer... (Its high time.. Change your attitude towards customers else foreign companies are always here to get popular and provide better products and service and get you down).....

Now after getting back from my trip ... i receive a call from the service center "Sir your car is ready".. i go to the service center and wait for 1 hour because the car was in washing... i get the car and i leave for home... when i reached home i find out that my Rear RHS door looks different than my whole car. and the lock wasnt working properly... i then realized that the door had been repainted. I again go back to the service center, then i find out that those guys were trying to hide from me that they had banged my car. I have no complaints left anymore.... and i gave the car back to them for Repaint.... After 5 days .. i bring back the car just to find that the repainted door's window lever is missing.!!....

Dont you think this can be a script for a funny movie !!

More Tata Indica Xeta GLS Complaints & Reviews

Comments

• Gu
      17th of Feb, 2007

sir,
    i purchace the tata indica dls model at 28/12/06 from fouzdar motors satna,after 5000 kms car will run at 12/02/07 i take to servicing of my car the mechanic cant open the oil filter easily so the open the bumper that time i watch the radiotor thya were the AC is fitted it will damge and from upside the bumper is good but in side is damge they said it will done by you, i email to tata motors and also complain to Mr.sandel the service engineer of tata motors at indore but only one time they talk with us in phone after that they cant pic the phone also.and from 14/02/07 the new problem will create in meter CHECK ENGINE lamp will blowing the machenic cant solved that and telling take car to indore service center they cant make this now deler also talking me roudly also,i take first car in my life at very confidence to the tata but now i confirm indians company r make FOOL to indians there promise are fake.
    Please give some solution what i do.

• Ku
      6th of Nov, 2007

It is really a headache for this guy. Tata should take action against the dealer.

The reputation of the such a big company of India is spoiled by these people.

• Th
      7th of Nov, 2007

I do sympathize with the ordeal of my two fellow Xeta owners but my experience is different.Bought a Xeta GLS in July '06. So far she's done okay. Service is at RF Motors Cochin. Only issue is with water getting inside the car if its parked in the rain. Love the car otherwise - every time I fold my 6 ft height into a Maruti hatchback ( even the Swift) I thank my lucky stars I took the Xeta test drive just before I closed the deal on an Alto.
    The above cases really highlight the fact that service in India generally has light years to go before catching up with the quality of the products themselves.

Good luck mates, I do sincerely hope you get your problems sorted out though I really can't imagine how they're going to compensate you for the pain you were put through- yes, Kumar, the dealers (in both cases) should be sacked.

• Ze
      13th of Nov, 2007

My mum bought TATA car 2003 in Bosnia, ES Europe and she has a lot of trouble. They had a service for that car before she bought it and right after that they closed the service center, so who ever bought that car has no place for service or has no parts for the TATA's cars... They actually screw... My mother has a big problem of buying oil filters or any other parts, because she got to look for the parts from some other cars, and of course if that specific part match her car...

• Va
      6th of May, 2008

Sir, you have gone through a lot of headaches!
    Its not the fault of Tata.. Its the fault of that specific showroom, dealers and the mechanics. Tata should really take some action against them to balance their reputation!!
    Sir, Let me tell you!! This was really a very interesting (fact) story but heartbreaking for tata's!!

• Sp
      24th of Aug, 2008

i have sold out my santro car and bought a new indica xeta gls 1.2 but from the day one the car shows check engine light so please any one having the idea to buy a TATA PRODUCT PLEASE DONT DO IT THIS IS MY SECOND EXPERIENCE WITH TATAMOTORS