Tata Aig - Insurance Policu / Complaint Regrading - Health care Policy

1 India Review updated:

Myself Rajesh Machhal having HSBC Credit Card No.[protected]. On the basis of that card I had received a call from Tata Aig regarding Policy Offer.In which your marketing executive had given me some information about Health Care Policy.

They had told me that we are offering you an health insurance policy and they explain me the benefits of that policy etc.At that time they had asked me Sir we will send you the policy document at your home you go through the document and benefits also and discuss with your family member and thenafter if you don't want to take this policy just give us intimation we will cancel your policy.

On 17th April 2008 I had received your Policy documents containing Policy No. HCP[protected] & 10400 and on 18th April 2008 I had call at Tata AIG customer care (Mr.Ravinder Patil, Javed Krueshi, & Mr. Chirag ) and inform about not acceptance of Policy.But they force me to reject the cancellation request and also they replied if you cancel this policy we will charge 25% amount of Annual Premium which is totally wrong.

Now I am not interested in taking Policy but Tata Aig is not ready to cancel the policy also they are asking me for taking cancellation charge If I will cancel the same.At the time of giving information they didn't give any intimation about cancellation charge.

Please do the needful on urgent basis.

Waiting for your prompt and positive reply.

Comments

• Ra
      18th of Aug, 2008

Yes I also had the same experience. During the purchase of the policy they are giving the wrong commitment says you can cancel the policy with in 14 days of time period. And they will only debit a Rs 99 for the processing fees and we will settle the remaining amount to your credit card. I called them after received the policy and I said I would like to cancel the policy. They said 25% of amount will be charged. I was totally disappointed with TATA AIG. So my suggestion is no one don't believe the marketing peoples commitment. Some one should stop this . I am ready to help .

• Vr
      29th of Aug, 2008

Have taken a medical policy on 20th Aug 2008 yet not received the policy papers in hand even after many follow up through calls & mails.