Tata Aig Health Plus Insurance / False inducement

1 India Review updated:

Sir

This is to bring to your attention that I had visited your site Tataaig.com last week and I had left an enquiry for health insurance for my family and me with my telephone numbers on the site on 4th of December 2007. Duly on the 5th of December a representative from Tata Aig named Naseem Yousuf called me up from +[protected] offering me Health Plus policy for my wife my brother and myself. The following was what he had offered :

1. The total coverage of the policy was 5 lakhs.
2. All medical expenses incurred were covered including physicians fee and other expenses during any hospitalisation. Cost of medicines and drugs were also covered
3. Cash for hospital expenses would be provided at Rs 1000/- per day.
4. Treatment could be taken at any hospital anywhere India for any disease excluding Pregnancy, plastic surgery and HIV.

based on this I had given my credit card details for three policies one each for my wife Mehnaz Nadeem, my brother Vaseem Sait and for myself Nadeem Sait. Transaction number MCIT [protected]. He also assured me that the credit card would be credited only once I was satisfied with the terms of the policy. He also gave me his department telephone number at Tata aig which was [protected].

Today I called him up at this given number and someone named Yasin picked up the phone and said that it was HDFC Standard Insurance Company. I was surprised and asked for Naseem Yousuf and he said that since the phone line were being upgraded for Tata Aig this phone had shifted to HDFC Standard. He gave me a mobile contact number [protected] saying that this was Girish Pillai's number who was the Tata Aig manager. I called this number and asked for Naseem Yousuf and he came on line to demand where I got this number from. He then said that he would call me back which he has'nt.

I recieved the three Helath Plus policies from Tata Aig by Blue Dart courier this afternoon. The policy numbers being ITHC [protected],ITHC[protected] and ITHC[protected] .
I found to my amazement that nothing of hospitalisation is covered except for a daily cash of Rs 1000/-. Whatever your representative had said was false and untrue. It is with disbelief I understood that there was false information given. I cannot believe that a Tata associated company could stoop to such levels to get policies. I wanted to cancel the policies taken and spoke to one Shanmugan in your cancellation department. He informed me that there would be 25% charge on cancellation which is downright cheating when I have not given my approval for the policies because I had made it clear that only after reading the terms and condition would I approve if I deemed it fit.

I called up my credit card issuing bank and got the confirmation that there has been a credit charge on my card of Rs 1482 on each of the three policies on 5th of December when I had clearly stated that I will approve only after recieving the policy details.

Kindly revert back with the necessary information as to your status on this as I had given my name and telephone numbers on your Tataaig.com site and your employee called me with all this false information and false inducement and also you have credited my credit card without my express permission. There could be many legal issues concerned with the above facts.

Awaiting your reply not justification

Sincerely

Nadeem

Comments

• Ni
      22nd of Jan, 2008

RISPECTED SIR
    I AM FROM SURAT/GUJ
    I APPLY IN TATA AIG INS... IN SWO PLE... YOU GIVE ALL INFORMATION

• Ne
      14th of Apr, 2008

Hi,

I have just today recieved my Tata AIG Health care plus policy number IRHC1000001379.

I was sold this policy on the 8th of April 2008 and was told that the whole conversation was recorded. I was sold the policy with a cover of 27 Lakh and 25 thousand for Rs. 13107 for myself, my wife and my 3 and half year old son. The benifits that I was offered are as below:

In-hospital Indemnity for accident Rs. 10000/day (max 180 days)
    In-hospital Indemnity for sickness Rs. 5000/day (max 180 days)
    Accident Medical Expence Reimbursement Rs. 25000/ year max

Today when I receive the policy the benifits have changed completely... the policy benifits state as:

In-hospital Indemnity for accident Rs. 6000/day (max 180 days)
    In-hospital Indemnity for sickness Rs. 3000/day (max 180 days)
    Accident Medical Expence Reimbursement Rs. 20000/ year max

Today I feel as if I have been CHEATED by TATA AIG.

I would like to listen to my conversation as all the transactions were made on phone and I was told that the same was recorded.

I would request TATA AIG to give me a call and relsolve this issue at the earliest (please record the conversation), if not I would have no option but to move to court for justice.

Regards,
    Neville Dick

• Ra
      24th of Apr, 2008

Yes Dear you are very much true. They are totally doing froud with customer's by giving false information. Same had been happens with me...have you recd. any reply from anybody. please reply me on my mail i.e rmachhal@yahoo.com

• La
      16th of Jun, 2008

I have signed your health policy with HDFC credit card before one & half month before but i have not received my health tata policy till now.
    I have tried many time on your pune custmer care no.020-30305858 but not proper response.
    my contact no.09765204587

• Na
      23rd of Feb, 2009

Yes. It happened with me too... A call came saying I am from TATA AIG and give all the details of the policy and he said it is recorded. I said that's very good and I need an soft copy or hard copy of terms and conditions. He denied for the same. He was asking what is the guarantee that you will take the policy after sending the terms and conditions. I said its up to me. I will take if I am ok for all terms and conditions other wise I will drop for the same. At the end he sent a ppt of 12 slides which advertise the TATA AIG Health care+ plan.

I was cheated the same way for other thing with agency.. agent will talk something in front of us and reality will be something else. And the terms and conditions will be in such a small font we can't read them, even if we try to read that, it will be in such a language, a normal person can't understand.. this should change.

• Mr
      14th of May, 2009

Yes...it's true. it happens to me even. I didn't got any policy till now. The call was made on 11th May 2009. If I want to cancel, any hint...

• Dh
      6th of Jan, 2011

I also received a call today from Tata AIG Agent and he also stated all such benefit, which was un-belivable, so I thought to first confirm this online. Thanks for all your valuable comments here, which saved me from enrolling Tata AIG.

• Go
      15th of Mar, 2011

I WAS also hoaxed. I contacted Tata AIG and the man forwarded quatation for Standard Health and Allied Insurance brochure. I hope RATAN TATA visits this site or else some one copy the whole lot of this mail and send the link and content to TATA SONS. It appears mischief is commited where some TATA AIG officials are involved

• Sy
      23rd of Jul, 2012

TATA AIG plays similar carefully designed corporate CON in which they hand you a bunch of documents which they knew for sure you won't read and even if you read you won't comprehend because of its usage of heavy financial Jargon. Next they ask their telesales executives to tell you such lucrative features of the policy verbally ( which are of course not written in the documents ). Later when you make claim, they refuse on the grounds that we do not cover such and such expenses and ask us to read documents carefully.