Target's Security System! / there security system sucks!

1 665 Sleater Kinney Rd SE lacey, wa 98503Lacey, WA, United States Review updated:
Phone: (360) 486-8920

I usually go to target very often cause they're close by, affordable, and I had never had a bad experience, but when I went yesterday my experience was horrible!!! I pull into a parking spot and I had to reposition a couple times, but then some lady with her daughters stop directly behind me and the 1st daughter gave me the finger and then they drove around again to get the spot next to me. I had gotten out and I got my daughter out who's 2 1/2 and I stood there and waited, because I wanted to know what the problem was. well she pull up and when she saw me standing there she stopped and waited a min or two, I guess to see if i would leave, but my daughter wondered into the spot towards the end and she was there for a couple seconds. I told her to come here and went in to grab her and as i was doing that I kept my eye on the car and she Gunned it at my baby! Luckily I was able to grab and yank her out of the was and she stopped and was smiling the whole times. She was literally staring at her when she tried to hit her with a smile on her face!!! I confronted her and she said I don't know what your talking about, but it's funny you let her play in the middle of the road! it was a parking spot! Then her 2nd daughter was getting smart with me and talk about how I should watch her better and I told her to stay out of it and the mother said nice come back... After that I was furious and I went to the customer service desk and demanded that they call the cops.They took both story's and then when the officer went to review the security tape the security guard told her what was on it, because he had already seen it, and everything that happened wasn't on there. The reason why.. THE CAMERA WAS BLOCKED BY A TREE! Nice security system! You could tell just by looking at the guards face that he felt really bad, but that doesn't help me. I want something done about those trees, because if it happened once it will happen again and just imagine what other types of crimes could be committed in those spots. IF you don't have proof it's your word verses there's. Where is the justice in that and what if I couldn't get to her and the lady did hurt her?

People, NEVER park behind any tree, it's NOT safe!!!

Comments

• Bs
      14th of Oct, 2009

It's not fair to blame Target for this at all. It's their responsibility to make the parking lot safe, within reasonable limits. It's not their responsibility to spend tens of thousands of dollars on cameras to cover every possible blind spot in the parking lot. Having managed corporate security for 30 years, I can tell you that even if the tree wasn't there, by Murphy's law a security guard might have panned the camera in the opposite direction right at that moment to look at something else.

The real culprit is this woman and her dangerous driving. With a young daughter in your care, you made the decision to stay and confront someone in a parking lot who was clearly hostile to you. You should have gone straight into the store and notified security keeping that girl out of harm's way.

• Al
      30th of Dec, 2009

I agree with the afore-mentioned. It is irresponsible to confront an already hostile entity. What would have happened had you just walked away? Your report would have ended with some women making an obscene gesture at you, as opposed to your child's life being threatened. In retrospect, you must realize your irresponsibility in the situation. Not only did you prolong yourself to exposure to a hostile person, you also exposed your child as well. You will learn well to let go of your pride, and think ahead, rationally.

• Ka
      17th of May, 2010

Is that really how you spell? Is this a joke?