Target.com / ordering problems with website

On the 14th of September, I placed an order through the .com/website. I rec’d an email from Target.com immediately after completing my order, confirming the order, providing me with an order # and an estimated delivery date for my order. The estimated delivery date was from 9/20 to 9/22/11. Today is 9/29, and I have not yet rec’d the order. I attempted to look up the order status on line, which did not work.

I phoned the number listed for customer service, was eventually connected to a young woman who could barely speak English, and who proceeded to tell me that “due to the fact that we have a “bad computer”, the order ended-up in Target’s “junk pile”, and therefore, “will not yet been filled.” I beg your pardon, but I am writing to you from the ordering computer, which is a 2011 MacBook, used by me exclusively. She was rude, did nothing to help the situation, interms of apologies, no offer to re-order and expedite my shipping due to my inconvenience, and then disconnected the call.

If you truly do record calls for quality assurance, whom, may I ask, listens to them? I had to call back, the first woman had deleted my original order, and we had to start from scratch. This employee spoke perfect English, but asked me to repeat every single thing I said, at least once. She was slow, not very accommodating, and again, no offers to ship my order more quickly due to the inconvenience.

If we did not truly need the book cases that I ordered, trust me, I would NOT re-order them. Going forward, I will be much more judicial about trusting Target.com with my money, my order and my time. Target stores are exemplary, in my opinion, but your online ordering system is pitiful, at best. This whole situation has cost me over one hour of my time today, we’ve waited two + weeks for a non-existant order to arrive, and never rec’d any communication from Target to say that the items should be re-ordered due to a problem on your end.

And yet, I receive at least one email every two days from Target, telling me what to buy/what’s on sale, etc. Wow. Good luck to you – you need it!

Be