Target / target won't refund my damaged item

United States Review updated:

I received the Evenflo Triple Fun Jungle Exer Saucer on 11/17. The box was beat up and had a hole in the front. It was missing a piece (upper leg crown) and several of the pieces had black marks on them and looked dirty. I called first thing this morning (11/18) at 8:30am CST and spoke to many of your “team members”… first there was Ellie. I explained what was wrong and verified all my information. She put me on hold to speak with her supervisor and came back and said she was going to transfer me to an Account Specialist.

Josset was the second “team member” I spoke to. She asked if she could help me. I asked if Ellie had explained anything to her. She said no so I proceeded to explain everything all over again and verify my information all over again. Ridiculous! I was told that UPS had to pick the item back up, return it to Target, then Target would ship me a new one. Seriously! I asked Joset if she could speak with her supervisor about shipping it out Next Day Air. I had already paid for the item and I received it damaged, dirty, and missing a piece. Why should I be penalized right? Well, she was not able to upgrade the shipping but she did offer a 10% discount.

That is nothing compared to having the product though. I went ahead and agreed since I felt there was no other option. I explained to her that I thought this was bad customer service and I would never be ordering from Target online or at a store again. She gave me case #3-[protected] to use so that if I needed to call back in I wouldn’t have to explain everything again. All I would have to do is give the case number. I received the replacement email that stated the estimated delivery date was 12/12/11. Ummmm, I don’t think so!

I called back and spoke to a third “team member”. It was extremely hard to understand her name so unfortunately I didn’t get it. I asked her to spell it at the end of our conversation but she did not. I gave her the case number and she had no idea what that was. I began to explain everything AGAIN to her and gave her all my information. I then gave her my order number and told her that I wanted to cancel the replacement so that I could order it from somewhere else. I didn’t want to have to wait 2 weeks to get my item.

She told me that I talked too much and she was going to have to transfer me. Can you believe this???? I sure can’t! I have always loved Target. Ehhhhh, not anymore! I asked her if she could just transfer me to Josset since she had just talked with me. She said she could not and then transferred me.

Now, we are at the fourth “team member”…. Gail. I told Gail that I was extremely frustrated and was hoping she could help me and asked if I could give her my case number so I didn’t have to explain everything again because girl with no name told me I was talking too much. She actually knew what a case number was. She cancelled the replacement and is having my credit card credited for the purchase. I asked her if Target would be sending UPS back out to pick up the package.

She said that I would have to call UPS and take care of that. Again, ridiculous! Why should I have to take my time to call UPS and set up an appointment to have them come pick up the package when this clearly was not my responsibility. Again, the box was beat up and had a hole in the front. It was missing a piece (upper leg crown) and several of the pieces had black marks on them and looked dirty. But, I will do this because I need to have it returned in order to get my credit.

Ellie was nice and helpful but I wish before she transferred me she would have let the next person know what was going on. I find it frustrating to speak with someone and give all that information just to be transferred to someone who has no idea what is going on and then have to repeat it all over again. Josset did a great job but her hands were pretty much tied. She took my fussing like a champ and sympathized with me. I really appreciated that so kudos to her. Girl with no name…. still can’t believe she told me that I was talking too much. Not cool! I’m thankful that Gail was able to cancel my replacement but I didn’t care much for her attitude.

I had a friend order this today from AMAZON.COM and it will arrive TOMORROW…. THANKS AMAZON! Should have went to them to begin with. I learned my lesson. I will not be shopping at Target online or at a store again.

He

Comments

• Th
      26th of Apr, 2012

I would've just hung up on you once you told me you weren't going to shop there anymore regardless of whether or not the situation gets resolved. Why should they waste their time helping a former customer?

whythelongfaces- Don't you know? Not getting my way=bad customer service.

• Ra
      29th of Apr, 2012

I don't blame you for being upset with how they treated you. It is customer service for a reason not i hate my job don't talk to me. If you don't like your job then leave. My mother had this issue with an att representative that basically made a racial comment and hung up in her face. Uh yea of course people will have a problem with how they are treated by someone that obviously can't work with people and hates their job. The other comments are stupid. if someone said something out of line to you guys you would be pissed too so stop making it seem like it was all her fault. If you have a problem don't read it plain and simple. Ignorance is what got that att guy fired keep that in mind.