Target / unfair to there employee

1 924 Onondaga AveSyracuse, NY, United States Review updated:
Phone: 3152998674

I have work for target now for 1 yr and 4 months in the starbucks dept. And I also do cashier when need it when I first start I thought it was a great place to work but the lod there make impossiable to work there you ethier do what they say or get punished like this we have lot of younger people working they go to school and if they need there hours change thats no problem but I told my lod I had to change my hours due to my daughter because I have to be home for her my lod told me that im guarantee no hours I thought she was joking its gonna be 3 weeks since I haven't worked now I want to put in a complaint to target 2324 in syracuse ny

Comments

16th of Mar, 2009

I agree Target is the worst place to work for, it treats employee awful with no respect and rude... I hated working for them, the LOD pick their favorites and treat the other Tm ugly...
    The STL (has sleep with everyone in the store ) and currently is sleeping with HR TL, An ETL slept with TL (Lesbian Affair) everyone knows but yet nothing is done about it... everyone is sleeping with each other from STL to ETL to TL, Tm

WHITTIER, CA is the worst

• Ta
      8th of Oct, 2010

Target SODO (South of Downtown Orlando) is also the worst! I have never been late, never missed a day, I work hard and I have been a loyal employee but rather than give me a solid 40 hours work week where I could feed my family and pay my house payment but instead, they are hiring seasonal employees which will screw the loyal employees out of their chance to make a full work week's pay. I'm sure the ETL's and the LOD's get their 40 hours in, and they definitely pick and choose their employees that work the fastest so that Management can squeeze the hours down to nothing which in turn gets their bonuses but we are left without a half week's pay on our paycheck each week. We can't even afford health insurance. The majority of all the employee's working at SODO the week of Oct 3rd, 2010 have less than 20 hours of work on their schedule. When most employee's come in to work, they get sent home earlier than they were scheduled. But yet management gets to stay and get their hours.

Target won't advance any employee to a higher level (into management) unless they are working for a college degree. Many of us can't afford to go to college so even though some of the employees are working so hard and are more dedicated, they promote the students over the loyal employee's that they have. So much for working for the American dream There is nothing American about Target!

It's not funny but Target can afford all of their television advertisements, and they sponser the TARGET brand logo on NASCAR's STOCK CAR which costs millions, but do you think they could help their own employee's to survive? Hell no! Target SODO sucks! And what are the CEO's of TARGET taking home with their paycheck's and bonuses. It's a shame in this economy that Target does this to their employee's, especially when they don't have to. We all deserve 40 hour work weeks and health insurance. At least with all of this time off, it will give me time to look for a job that provides this to a loyal employee.

• Ti
      16th of Oct, 2010

I've worked at Target for a year and three months now part time. A new LOD started this program where you're awarded a "bulleye buck" every time you get a guest to sign up for a RedCard. When you earn 10 bulleye bucks you win a grand prize of...drumroll... a $5 gift card! Their benefits are horrible. The employee discount is 10% off and you may only use cash or a RedCard to get the discount! I work where minimum wage is $8.25. I'm making $8.50 at Target to do all that bending over and heavy lifting groceries, doing other people's jobs that I'm not even supposed to like cart attendant. Last week I called to let an LOD (who was not available, typical) to let them know that I wasn't able to make it to work because I had taken an emergency flight out of town. Well the GSTL that I spoked to never told my LOD about my emergency so I received a voicemail from Target during my grandmother's funeral asking why I wasn't at work. I am receiving no bereavement benefits. There was an incident where I took my 15 minute break and they called me into the office because I came back 2 minutes late. I'm a college student and they threatened to fire me a week after hire because you're not allowed to change your availability within the first NINETY days of hire under any circumstances. I'm looking forward to saying adios to that place.

• Sb
      15th of Aug, 2011

Target managers are the worst. It's like they try to recruit the biggest jerks they can find.

• 10
      27th of Mar, 2012

i honestly agree! i've been there for almost 4 yrs (thankfully i have one more week left and i regret placing in my 2 wks notice). i started out with $7/hr and i'm leaving the company making $7.64/hr. yes they do have their favorites. they only care about themselves and making money. the 4 that i read, my store has had that same stuff going around. what really gets me is there are people who say they cant close because they dont want to drive at night...then why are these people driving at 430-530 in the morning. they tell you one thing and a few days later they come back and stright up lie in your face. during the holidays, they give seasonal hires and their favorites the hours, everyone else nothing.