Target Stores / unfair treatment

WI, United States Review updated:

Lets organize a union for target employees. Target is forcing "best practice" and they have no clue what that is. The employees are not treated fairly during any wage reviews - the most you can get is 8 cents and that's it. The only other way to get more wage is to be an ### kisser and I refuse to kiss anyones. The employees are pulled in so many directions during one work shift that they are so burnt out by the end of their shift. They are kept late at night - after the store closes to do cleaning and straightening of the store. If you call in for your shift - even with a serious medical condition - you will be treated like crap the next day if you go to work. I personally have had management ignore me and if I say something they will not respond. I am so sick of being treated like I am a timeclock number. All target cares about are profits and trying to make their image look better than what it is by donating things to charities.In fact, I received a call from an organization one day and forwarded the message to a member of management - the response was "oh, (So & so) wants another donation. " what kind of crap is that? Lets organize a union and get what we're intitled to. I need your help - lets get it together fellow team members and kick some target butt!
Targets motto is "expect more... Pay less" - and that's just what they do, expect more from their employees and pay them less...

Comments

• Po
      23rd of Jan, 2011

LETS GET BACK AT TARGET STORES EVERYWHERE AND FORCE A UNION INTO OUR WORKPLACE. THIS IS THE ONLY WAY THAT WE WILL BE TREATED WITH THE RESPECT WE DESERVE FOR ALL WE DO FOR THIS COMPANY. JOIN ME IN THE NEW REVOLUTION TO KICK TARGET IN THE BACKSIDE AND GET WHAT WE DESERVE...

24th of Jan, 2011

That's exactly the kind of additude Target wants from their employees. Do nothing, say nothing, acheive nothing!

24th of Jan, 2011

Go ahead and get that union! You'll be fired before you even have to pay your union dues (which can be really expensive)! Also, you should know that unions cannot guarantee higher wages (I was unionized last year and our wages were frozen due to the poor economy).

Anyways, you should just stick it out until you find another job, but you should know, there are a lot worse places to work.