Target / poorly trained employee

United States Review updated:

I was in the target Store in Cheektowago. NY (walden galleria). I went to purchase multiple items after collecting various coupons I used and spending a great deal of time finding the products and making sure they were appropriate for the ooupons being applied. The girl at the checkout bagged and put all the items in my cart (I had a very large order with multiple bags). After she started applying the coupons she began questing whether on purchased them and refused to look on the register receipt on the computer but made me dig though the bags to show her each iten (even if i bought three; i had to find all three!) really.

The line was building up. The last item she questioned (and by this time i was really annoyed) I could not find it while digging through the bags several times and it was in a bag by her; not even in the cart! We got the item out; she said this is not the right size for the coupon and I stood there thinking “how could that be”?. After I looked at the product I said wait a minute it is the right size and had to literally show her the size!. My daughter is a cashier at a local grocery store and she agreed that it was really ridiculous how she dragged out that whole transaction, held up the line and embarrassed me.

I have not had this happen in all my Target travels so I am assuming this female was likely poorly trained. I appreciate your feedback. I am a long time valued customer.

Ol

Comments

• Th
      2nd of May, 2012

And the lesson is: Stop being an extreme couponer. Show some courtesy to the cashier and the customers behind you. Use 3-4 coupons and call it a day already.

• Br
      2nd of May, 2012

A customer is a customer, and shoud be accorded the same courtesy and service no matter how long they've been shopping there.

• Th
      3rd of May, 2012

That was probably not the right way to do it, but she was probably new and didnt want to mess up. Maybe try keeping all your items you have coupons for all together at the end of your order so they can be checked as she scans them.