Target / employment at target

1 Phoenix, AZ, United States Review updated:
Phone: (480) 893-9333

I was offered a position at Target on Nov 1 for seasonal help as a dayside stocker only to receive a card 2 weeks later stating that they could not offer me a position. I know it's my word against the person who offered me the position. I went for the preliminary drug testing and everything and thought it was a done deal.

Al

Comments

• J
      18th of Jan, 2008

target is a load of ###

• Do
      27th of Jul, 2008

You failed the drug test. That just them saying it in a nice way.

• St
      12th of Dec, 2009

that's what happens when you have a policy of hiring more people straight out of school rather than from within the company. new managers who have no idea what to do are making decisions for the store they know nothing about. target managers are ###s, plain and simple.

• Na
      28th of Jun, 2010

when you are hired it is just a conditional job offer, the exact words they say. If you fail the drug test, you don't get the job. Easy as that.

• Cy
      8th of Apr, 2011

Target doesn't just to a drug test, they also check your credit and personal background. They can retract an offer if they are not satisfied with your credit, even if your debt is just student loans that are behind in payment. It's ironic I know, you need a job to pay your bills, but Target (and many other companies) judge your integrity, honesty based on your finances.