Target / never again

United States Review updated:

In the past couple of years, I've been invited to a few weddings that I have not been able to attend due to the fact I moved to the other side of the country. On two occasions, my friends had been registered at Target. I think, "Great, Then I can order something from their registry online and have it shipped to them."

Both times I have done this, I have placed the order more than a month before the wedding, the order has gone through, says it will be delivered in a week or two, and then 2-3 weeks after the wedding date I get an e-mail stating that my order has not gone through and it will not go through for another 4-6 weeks. The first time I cancelled the order and sent something else. This past time, I'm just letting them get their present late, with a card included stating that "I'm sorry that I will be missing their special day and I'm sure it will be beautiful."

Annoying Target, annoying. I'm 24-years-old, at prime wedding-going age, living thousands of miles away from most of my friends, and I won't be purchasing any more registry items through target.com.

Va

Comments

• Je
      24th of Sep, 2007
    Target - fraud and cheating!

My son received a birthday gift from Target which we which already had. The gift was valued at $50 and still on store shelves at Target. The toy was new, never used and was a Target exclusive toy - only sold at Target as noted on toybox. When I we went to return without gift receipt, the clerk stated that any item over $20 without gift receipt is not able to be returned even if it is a Target only product. This is the return policy of Target, no return without receipt over $20 which I estimate is approximately 50% of all products that Target sells. I wasted my valuable time and called customer service where they repeated the same canned line "that it is target policy."

• Be
      8th of Oct, 2007
    Target - scam and cheating!

We purchased a T.V. from Target for our daughters birthday.She used it for about a week and it quit working. So we loaded it back into the box and took it to Target hoping to exchange it for a different one. When we got there the store clerk told us that since we didn't have our receipt that they wouldn't except that we even bought the t.v. from them. They are the only ones that sell this brand. So thanks to Target our daughter doesn't have a birthday gift.

13th of Oct, 2007

Hello,

I just got married and joined Target's "Club Wed" program to register for wedding gifts prior to my wedding. I ended up receiving two of the same gift items, as also shown on the gift registry, and when I contacted Target to exchange one of the gifts for something else, I was told I could not, they are sorry, but without a receipt (this was a wedding gift), I wouldn't be able to exchange the gift. I never would have registered with Target if i knew this was their policy for their gift registry program. I am extremely disappointed with Target and hope others will avoid this store with their horrible store policy!!

• El
      21st of Nov, 2007
    Target - return policy issue!
    Montgomery
    Alabama
    www.target.com

I'm currently 9 months pregnant due date dec, 7, 2017. I registered with target even after reading about some of the complaints I read over the internet. I received a baby gift 2 days ago that was not on my registry and without a receipt. I went into the store to exchange the gift for some other form of baby item. When I got to customer service they inform me that because the gift is over $20.00 the price ($28. — ) that I cannot even exchange etc. For this item. I then proceeded to ask to speak to a manager and he apologized saying that he even agreed that target was cheap and that the policy was unfair! I asked him what I was supposed to do with the eddie bauer infant travel bed and he said "he didn't know but they couldn't return it". I now wish I would have listened to all the complaints made by target customers. Warning me not to register there or even buy from them. I've spent well over $1000.00 during this pregnancy on maternity clothes, baby items etc. And they cannot exchange this one gift? I have never been so upset with a company as large as target. You can definitely tell there only out for number 1, themselves and not the customer! I have deleted my registry and will inform all my friends, family, co workers etc. The experience i've been through. I will also advise them not to shop at target!

31st of Mar, 2008
    Target - bad service at target
    www.target.com

Friday, 29th of March, me and my husband tried to return a swimming pool to Target that we received as a house warming gift for our new house. However, because we had no gift receipt they refused to give us any store credit or exchange our merchandise that was not even opened for anything else. The reason we could not have the pool was that HOA would not allow it, and we tried to explain it to every one we talked to, even the corporate office. However they are very unpleasant and rigid about their stupid policies. So we are stuck with a pool we cannot even use. I did not have such an experience anywhere I have ever shopped. I do not recommend Target to anyone and as for me and my family, we would not shop there no more. Thanks for reading about this experience.

21st of Apr, 2008
    Target - beware of them
    www.target.com

If you buy something online, there is practically no way of returning it! I purchased a clothing item online from Target.com in November. It arrived within 7 days promptly, but it was the wrong item. Completely different size and pattern. I searched their website and it said to send the item back and they will send the correct one in return (even though on the website itself it had this item listed as SOLD OUT and no longer available... hmm).

I sent the item back, and two weeks later another package arrived. It was the correct item in the correct size, but it was utterly poor in quality. The hem on the coat sleeves and bottom were coming apart- to fix it myself would have been very time consuming. If it was one missing button ok fine not a big deal, but this was beyond the average person's repair.

I went back to the website, and it said to bring it into the store for a refund. So I go to the store, and the lady at the counter says "You've already returned this item according to the system". I explain how they sent the wrong item. She proceeds to call Target.com online? Or Target who knows and after 25 minutes (the poor woman was on hold here and there, it sucked for her too), she said "They said they're not sure why the website told you to return it in the store, but you have to return it by printing the shipping label and mailing it in". I couldn't, because it told me to go to the store and would not print a free return shipping label. I was going to have to pay $10 to ship a coat back which was damaged? This was amazing. At the end, I didn't even get a refund for shipping the item back!

I disputed the charge with my credit card company (this was in February), but now in April it has returned back onto my credit card as a charge ($69.99).

You read about how horrible their wedding registry site is, well now you know their online store is just horrible at managing simple purchasing processes and the website is buggy. Will not purchase again online from Target.com

13th of May, 2008
    Target - baby registry returns rip off
    www.target.com

Target's Baby Registry is a rip-off. Their returns policy left my daughter with 16 pacifiers, a broken warmer for wipes. They created the problem by allowing multiple items to be purchased FROM the registry. Target does NOT pay any attention to whether the item was purchased 2 times or 16 times. They allow only 2 items of $20.00 or less to be returned in a year. They do NOT care if the item was broken when the box was opened, no receipt, no return. DO NOT use the Target Baby registry it does NOT work like other baby registries. Our family will not shop at Target again.

4th of Jun, 2008
    Target - ridiculous return policy
    www.target.com

I received 2 $30 baby bouncers for my baby shower that I registered for. I received them as gifts and did not receive gift receipts for either of them. When I went to return them, I was told their return policy had changed and I was only going to be able to get a maximum of $20 for the baby bouncer that cost $30 and was unopened and in brand new condition.

I understand stores must have return policies, but what is the point of registering if it does me no good?

I will no longer shop at Target and before anyone else do, they should think about if the need to return the item arises is it over $20? Because if it is, you will only get $20 back if you need to return it!

There is also absolutely no point in registering there. You are basically generating income to Target by bringing your friends and family into the store to spend money on items on your registry but they don't thank you for that, the return policy remains the same if it's on your registry or not.

• Ju
      27th of Jun, 2008

I work the graveyard shift there in what is called the backroom!! I take down and carry up a tall ladder heavy boxes, while the other half of logistics stuff the shelfs out on the sales floor! The controls for the air conditioner are located in another state! We are in the valley in California, where it can be sometimes 105 degrees here!! I have rashes on my skin caused by sweat and excema. I have never had jock itch before until last summer. This is more than inhumane!! Mabey along with the low pay they could turn on the AC?!?? I hope this gets to the right persons eyes and attention!!!

Thanks,
    Julie.

• Mi
      29th of Jun, 2008
    Target - ridiculous security
    Buffalo Grove
    Illinois
    www.target.com

Yesterday, me and my friends went to target because my friend wanted to buy some yugioh cards. We went in (together there were three of us) and immediately went to the card section, where my friend promptly selected four triple-pack special edition packs, for $10 each. The entire time, a security guard followed us, and when we paid, he followed us to the built in pizza hut that some Targets have. There my friend opened these packs while me and my other friend grabbed a bite to eat. The guard waited a good twenty minutes as we opened these packs, and when satisfied we threw out our trash, which was hotdog wrappers and the card wrappers and began to make our way out of the store. It was a Sunday and there wasn't much of a crowd so we wondered why this security guard was staring at us. We made our way to the door and he decided to call us towards him. My friend threw out the receipt at that pizza hut since we obviously purchased the cards and didn't see a need for it. He immediately accused us that we stole the cards and despite the stating that we could dig out the receipt from the trash, since it was on top of the pile, without even a bend, he threatened to call the police. Then, when people started staring, including a woman who was in line with us, he told us to leave and never come back to that Target. We left, puzzled at this encounter, only to find that about halfway to the car the guard runs up to us and snatches the cards away and says that they are stolen property and that we should be lucky that he didn't have us arrested. My friend who payed for the cards didn't want to make a fuss, though you could see that he was heartbroken since he got some fairly decent cards and left a pack unopened so that he could have a surprise at home. That Target guard pretty much ruined our day, and I know for sure that I'll never return there since I personally don't want to be harassed.

3rd of Jul, 2008

I agree completely that this was disgusting and unfair treatment on behalf of security. I almost have a feeling that he stole those cards from you, seeing an opportunity to bully some younger teens. This is really horrible.

On the other hand your friend should have stood his ground and LET the cops come, since they'd have searched the trash for his receipt and let him back in the store to get his proof of payment. I think that he should have stood his ground just to make sure this security guard got what's coming to him.

In fact I am sure the guard knew he was wrong and he'd have never called the cops, so I am certain that you should have stood your ground.

8th of Jul, 2008
    Target - checkouts at target
    www.target.com

Of the 30+ cash registers at my local Target Superstore it is rare to find more than 4 or 5 open. Lines have to back up before the "Team Members" standing around chatting will open more. When they do open more, they direct people approaching the register area to the opening register rather than taking the people that are waiting in line. Either Target needs to get rid of a bunch of those registers so I don't come to the front of their store expecting to find a register with a short line or they should convert some lines to self check out lines if they don't want to hire cashiers to operate the registers they have.

8th of Jul, 2008
    Target - worst consumer service ever
    8680 Beechmont Avenue
    Cincinnati
    Ohio
    www.target.com

I purchased a 32 gig Ipod Touch, with tax, this is a $532 item.

The box was wrapped in plastic, but when I got home and opened it, the only contents were three tapes for a digital camera and some sort of circuit board--NO IPOD!

The store did replace the item, but the process took over twenty minutes, during which time, the three employees to whom I'd had to explain the situation all *walked away*, leaving me standing at the service department.

They seemed both unsurprised and unapologetic about the incident. They told me it had already happened at another store!

$500 dollars is a lot to spend on an empty box. Whether this is the result of employee theft, fraudulent return, or manufacturing quality control, Target will NEVER again be my choice for electronic purchases.

If you purchase an ipod at Target, do NOT leave the store without opening the box, and open it in front of an employee. Buyer beware.

----------------------------------

I'd also like to note: had Target made in easy to file my comment with them, I would not have had to use a public forum. Instead, the "contact us" link leads to a page long list of further links, all of which lead to yet another layer of links, NONE of which seemed relevant. It is evident to me that this is a company with no concern for customer service.

18th of Jul, 2008
    Target - no warranty
    1885 W 1st St
    Springfield
    Ohio
    target.com

I bought a Dual Screen Portable DVD Player and the extended warranty from the Target Store in Springfield, Ohio in January. This morning (6/21/08) we turned it on and one of the screens only had a big white blob, and no picture. We called the customer (dis)service number for the warranty and they absolutely refused to make good on the warranty, saying that it was intentional.

We discussed and argued with them, but all they did was interrupt and talk over us. We returned the player to the store, and they refused to do anything because it was after 90 days. I explained that we purchased the warranty plan, so they should take care of it for us. I then asked if they could call the warranty service, since it is Target's logo on the warranty sticker on the player. They refused. I told them they should stop selling a warranty program that does not do what it promised. Thanks to target, I am out $180 for a junk DVD Player ($20 of that is for a junk warranty). DO NOT EVER STEP FOOT IN A TRAGET STORE EVER. AND NEVER BUY AN EXTENDED WARRANTY. I contacted Target and explained the situation. I received an e-mail with a telephone number and a contact person. We contacted them, a long-distance call, just for them to say that Target's upper management refused to make good on the problem. What a rip off.

• Ba
      21st of Jul, 2008
    Target - non responsive
    2421 N.Federal Hwy
    Pompano Beach
    Florida
    Phone: 954-782-8822
    www.target.com

In Sundays paper there was an ad for mattress topper. I drove 15 miles and could not find it so they paged a lady 3 times and she finally shows up and proceeds to tell me that there were a lot of boxes upstairs and it could be in one of them, but she hadn't had time to do it. So I should call back or get a rain check when she got around to unpacking them. Now tell me why you have and ad in the paper have people come in your store, especially a special trip, and be told to come back another time when your employees get around to it. How insulting. Next time I will use Target or another store.

Thank you.

• Ca
      29th of Jul, 2008
    Target - faulty raincheck
    target
    Sheboygan
    Wisconsin

The day the ad appeared for rockband on sale for 99.99 I went to the store to purchase one. Of course they didn't have any. So I waited patiently for a clerk in electronics to help me. He told me he would give me a raincheck and went to his cash register and handed me a piece of paper which I assumed was the raincheck. Two weeks later, I went to the store again to get the item. Well what I was told was a raincheck was actually a piece of paper to request a raincheck!!! I've never heard of anything so absurd! Apparently the request was supposed to be taken to another cashier to print out a real raincheck!! So they would not honor it. I spoke to the manager who said nothing could be done. I called guest relations very confident that they would handle the misunderstanding. After speaking with 3 managers and 38 minutes of time, I was told they would do nothing. I'm very upset with their extremely poor customer service and will no longer be a customer.

16th of Aug, 2008

We are dealing with the same type Target scam. I bought my son a portable DVD player along with the warranty. We were told that the only thing we would need if anything happened is the little sticker, NO RECEIPT to keep track of. My son went to exchange it, and the clerk told him that he needed a receipt. Then asked it it had been more than 90 days? He tried to explain to her about the whole, no receipt required selling point they told us, and it didn't matter. He came home upset, and now mom will go tomorrow and talk to the manager. I am FED UP with Target's customer service and now their false warranty promises. They make it so difficult and many people I know don't like to go there because of this.

21st of Aug, 2008
    Target - terrible experience
    Minneapolis
    Minnesota
    target.com

I am a loyal and frequent customer of Target. I have a registry there, and have received a few duplicate gifts that came from this registry. Some of the items did not include receipts, and I asked for them, but the gift-giver did not have them. I simply wanted to exchange the items, a total of under $50 and I was told that I could not because they were over $20 (only by a dollar or two). I have never heard of a more ridiculous customer service policy in my life! Target is telling me that I have to live with their products, which I don't need, didn't open or use, and which are not electronics (so don't give me that line). They sure picked an inappropriate time in today's economy to refuse to accommodate customer's needs. At a time when other stores are making special considerations to help customers, Target is taking extraordinary measures to make our lives difficult.

The woman behind me was told that she couldn't return her items which were under $20, because you can only return two items per year with one license if you don't have a receipt. She'd apparently reached her two limit max. She was also returning two things that she received duplicates of from a registry, and the other items she had returned were also from that registry, which apparently no target employee knows how to use.

I'm not only boycotting Target, but encouraging everyone out there who can read and forward this message, to do the same. We have rights as consumers! By continuing to shop there, we are allowing Target to take those rights away from us. If Target thinks they can take away our consumer rights... then we must show them we also have choices and they do not have to be one of those choices!

22nd of Sep, 2008
    Target - discriminating policies
    8840 Corbin Ave. Northridge CA., 91324
    Northridge
    California
    Phone: (818)772-0494

On 09/18/08 my boyfriend went to Target in Northride, CA. to buy some cold medicine for my daughter while I stayed at home taking care of her. He called me back a couple of minutes later telling me that the cashier would not sell him a $5.00 bottle of cold medicine for children without a proper California ID card. He showed her another type of ID card which clearly shows his age. She didn't accept it and he ended up coming home without it, so I had to make another trip to the store and buy it.
    (Ironically)When I went and bought it the cashier that charged me, didn't even ask me for my ID nor did she ask for my birthdate. I had no problems buying it at all and I actually bought two medicine bottles. One multi symptom cold med. & one for fever and body ache (both for children)
    I later that night called to speak to the manager in charge to give her my complaint & let her know how upset I was to think that there's people out there without a valid CA I.D. card that might have their children sick and can't even go buy them medicine simply because of their status.
    I just cannot understand why they are not allowed to buy over the counter children's medine or any over the counter medicine without a CA ID? It just doesn't make sense to me.
    I also felt my boyfriend was discriminated against by the cashier.

16th of Nov, 2008

I was a cashier for target and i thankfully quit that stupid job and sometimes cashiers will ask some wont ask at all it all depends on who you get. By law with any OTC meds by law have to ask for id. I cant tell you why she didn't accept the id because all it has to have is a birthday on it and a picture. If they didn't have either of those things the cashier is not allowed to accept it. They are also only suppose to accept state id's but again depends on who you get. may i suggest not getting meds from target again.. try walmart!

• Im
      18th of Nov, 2008

Maybe you should find a new job.

• St
      20th of Nov, 2008

Here you go... it's federal law to require government issued ID when purchasing certain items...

21st of Nov, 2008

To the person who suggested you go to Walmart...You can't get certain cold medicine ANYWHERE without proper ID. At Target register will not continue with the transaction at all without keying in a birthdate. There is no override for that. You can thank all the junkies getting high on that stuff for that...

22nd of Nov, 2008
    Target - save your receipts!!!
    Target

It seems that most people that complain about Target complain about the return policy. If you read your receipt, you would know that you NEED a receipt to return anything over $20. So knowing this, wouldn't you save your receipts? I know that when I buy anything from anywhere, that I need to save the receipt just in case I need to return or exchange any item purchased for whatever reason. It is not Target or its employees fault that you were not responsible for your receipts. So please don't take it out on the employees.

22nd of Nov, 2008

The lines are a lot worse at Walmart

22nd of Nov, 2008
    Target - freedom of speach denied at taget
    TARGET
    Las Cruces
    New Mexico

Just to let any prospective bloggers who want to un-mask Target as a fraud. It is illegial to ever complain about them in a public forum...They had that as a notice on their tables in the break room in their company newsletter some months ago.

So please always be 'Fast Fun and Friendly' when you talk about them...I was...I was FAST...when I quit a few weeks ago...I was FUN...or at least I'm having fun now...And as for Friendly...Poohy!

1st of Dec, 2008
    Target - warranty
    2214 Heywood Ave
    Charlotte
    North Carolina
    Phone: 704 392-1287
    target.com

If anyone has suffered financial harm from their purchase of Trutech entertainment equipment please report it to the FTC. You can do it online or by sending your story to the following address.

Federal Trade Commission
    Att: CRC #21014648
    600 Pennslyvania Avenue NW
    Washington, DC 20580

Federal law requires that warranties be available for you to read BEFORE you buy even when you're shopping by catalog or on the internet. Providing it only in a sealed box which can be opened only afer a purchadse does not satisfy this requirement.

For additional info please contact me.

• El
      15th of Dec, 2008

Signing up for any Target registry is a bad idea, and signing up for a Target card is even worse. I purchased items at Target in Alpharetta, Ga. on Sept. 10, 2017 for my terminally ill sister. I was able to use her AmerX card for the transaction and sign for her in her absence. The lady checking me out asked if my sister would like a Target card, and said I could fill out the application for my sister, only if I gave up all my own pertinent identification for the process, and then she proceded to change the transaction to be applied to my sister's store account, I thought. I realized I had been duped on October 6 when I recieved a new Target card and a bill for $254 for my sister's purchases. I already had a Target card, why would I need another one? It is reprehensible that Target would take advantage of my vulnerability at that time, 700 miles away from home, taking care of a dying sister and outrageously lie, and lure me into opening a store account, for what I thought would be a justifiable act for my sister to make purchasing items easier. Target has refused to reverse the transaction back to my sister's AmerX card to be paid by her estate, she died on Sept. 16 2017.

• Je
      15th of Jan, 2009
    Target - absurd!
    Target

A coworker who had notified upper managemnet that Her Father was terminally ill a month in advance was sitting in the breakroom one day

When I asked about His condition, which I did every day and upper management did not, she told me that Her Dr. told her to get Home ASAP because He did not have much time it was GRAVE!

I asked Her why she was still here, she said management was waiting for a fax from the Dr. to verify.

She started to sob and said she was afraid to go in fear of losing Her job!

I told Her to go and that I would take the heat for the decision, which I did!

Not the first time that it has happened.

What is wrong with this?

• Ia
      15th of Jan, 2009
    Target - lied 6 times
    Target

I am having my first child in 5 weeks. I registered at Target in the beginning of October. As I am at Target (every day), I was very comfortable putting everything on my registry and trusting them. Well after realizing that I needed to add some stuff I went online and edited it. I added merchandise that is only available on-line. BIG MISTAKE. Target and Target.com are NOT THE SAME.

One of the things I registered for was a Boppy Cradle in Comfort Bouncer. My mom's best friend could not attend the show and bought this on-line on Nov. 28 for the Dec. 6th shower. They had it shipped right to me since I am 6 hrs away. When it had NOT arrived by Dec. 31/08 I called in to Target.com (who the manager at the store told me to call). I was told that it was shipping the next day...ironic I thought but ok! I was told I would get a confirmation email with the tracking number. Since I never received that, I called back on the 4th of Jan 09. I was told that this was not true and it was set to ship NO LATER than Jan 12, 2017 (which is exactly 6 weeks from the date it was ordered..they told me that was customary policy..which I know is a LIE too).

Once again, I did not receive the email I was promised so I called back again. I was told that they do not even have the product, nor do they know when they will. It will be 2 to 6 weeks before it ships if they get it right away, but could be up to 18 weeks. Okay..math time...I am due in 5 weeks 18 weeks from now is 13 weeks past my due date. These bouncers are for infants.

Here is the real kicker. Your registry expires after 90 days past your due date (per the Target store manager...remember I am there every day...even the store is trying to help)...so what that means is that if I do get it after that 90 days it can't be returned because the registry will have expired. Go figure!!!

I asked if I could just get the one that they have at the store that is in the pink. I really didn't want this one because I wanted a neutral color; however, at this point...I just want it to be done. I was told NO< NO< NO!!! Since this was bought off of my registry I am not allowed to do this! I was also told that Target.com only charges you once the item ships so until then you have No recourse because you have not paid for the item. THIS IS NOT TRUE! I went back in my bank statements and looked at all of the gifts that I have bought for people off Target.com and I ALWAYS have been charged at the time of purchase.

The generic emails that I get back from Vinodh, Akeliah, Thomas Jerome L. and Saikurma are generic absurd and full of nothing helping.

I've reviewed our records and see that one of my colleagues is researching this issue and will contact you soon.

(Here is the first response I received...of course I never heard back until I called)

We’d suggest you to wait so that it will enable us to complete our research, there are times that it may take us a little longer as it is in this case.

Sorry for the wait. We'll get back to you as soon as we can.

Best regards,

Vinodh

(This is the reply I got today)

I sincerely apologize that we ran into a delay in receiving this item from our supplier.

At the time the order was placed, this item was listed on the detail page as instock.

Unfortunately, when it came time to actually process the order, we found that we had a temporary backorder occurring, which was reflected in the new estimated delivery dates on your order.

Our supplier has not been able to let us know exactly when they expect to have more in stock. I apologize that you were not notified sooner of this change in availability.

When the item "Boppy Cradle In Comfort Bouncer" is back in stock, we'll ship it out to you as soon as we can. In further research I see that one of my collegues is following up with order and will reply back to you on January 20, 2017.

Thanks for getting in touch with us.

• Dr
      20th of Jan, 2009

I always use their comment computers right by their service desk to let them know how I feel about their stores. I shop there quite often and find it both easy and fast.

• Dr
      20th of Jan, 2009

I agree that Target.com is a horrible way to shop. Not only are returns painfully difficult, but the handing charges are insane!

• Ra
      2nd of Feb, 2009

I work in a Target Garden center in Florida. I lead a crew of three. I got promoted to team lead just about a year ago and was transferred to a different store than the one I had previously worked at. Since being promoted I have found the conditions at this store to be inhumane to myself and my workers. And the way these conditions are handled at this store has caused me to have to pay out large amounts of money and both pain and suffering.

Target has a rule for garden workers, once you go out to the garden center you are not allowed to go back into the store and leave the garden registers unattended. You must have a replacement in order to visit the restroom or water fountain. You are supposed to get two 15 minute breaks a day and a 30 minute lunch. There is supposed to be a schedule for this. But rarely are the garden workers put on this schedule. And for the most part there is only one worker in the garden center for hours at a time. We are forced to hold our urine for hours and hours which has resulted in two painful bladder infections for myself. And the lack of being able to get water when needed ended up with me being hospitalized for extreme dehydration.

At the same time Target has dropped my benefits numerous times and I have had to pay out of pocket for these services. This is due to the HR's mistake of never updating my file after my promotion. I have called the Team member services and have been told that the mistake has been handled. But once again I have received a letter informing me I have no coverage. Yet still money is taken out of my check to cover the benefits that I supposedly don't have, and has been taken out all along. I am paying for a service for which I'm not getting. I have had to call and argue many times about this issue. And still I don't get the coverage I am entitled to as a team lead.

Also the conditions at this store are horrible. Both myself and my workers will make calls to the managers asking for a break, on a regular basis, we are told there is no one available to relieve us and when and if they do send someone to relieve us so we can use the restroom or visit the water fountain, it can take up to an hour or more and sometimes doesn't happen at all. Usually we end up waiting till the next garden worker comes in so we can use the restroom.

Every worker that works INSIDE the store is free to visit the restroom at any time and get drinks. But not the workers who work out in the hot Florida sun. My crew complains to me about the lack of concern Target has for its garden workers. And I see it first hand on a daily basis, and once again I'm sitting here with a painful bladder infection. This will require a doctors visit and a missed day of work. I will more than likely end up paying out of pocket $200 to $300 dollars for the doctors visit that should cost at the most $70 if I was covered under the benefits I pay for but apparently don't have again. And probably another $80 dollars for a bottle of antibiotics that should cost $25 at the most.

Target's treatment of its garden workers is pitiful to say the least. The are completely unconcerned with the conditions we work under. When we are out in the burning sun, thirsting, the managers and other workers are inside in the air conditioning in comfort. When we are out in the thirty degree weather in winter they are inside in the heat. We can beg for a break to get warm for 15 minutes and use the restroom and may or may not receive it. When we are out in the pouring rain they are inside and dry. Garden workers are largely forgotten about. And it has cost me missed work and money. I have been told that my job is in danger because of attendance. But these health issues are largely due to the way Target treats its garden workers. I want to keep my job. But I may need a lawyer in order to do so.

6th of Feb, 2009

Laura,

You are an idiot and should probably quit your job if you work in Retail. In this day and age, with the reporting capabilities that stores have there is always a way. If I shop at multiple stores purchasing multiple items and it happens that one receipt gets misplaced, the one thing I would hope a store to do is give me store credit to purchase something else. (And it has Target's stickers all over it, where the **** else did it come from). By not doing so is a slap in the customers face saying they do not care what happens to the customer as long a they have our money. They make it so you can't return anything unless you have a book of receipts, which no one does.

• Ta
      14th of Feb, 2009
    Target - awful experience
    target.com

I bought 12 large square plates, 12 small square plates, 12 bowls and 12 mugs stamped on the bottom 'American Simplicity, Microwave and Dishwasher Safe China' from Target. They are not microwave or dishwasher safe. When I put them in the microwave, even if only for a few seconds, they become too hot to handle without an oven mitt. It is especially dangerous at this point as my 83 year old mother has moved in with us and I'm so afraid she will get burned. Also, the plates are all chipping in the same spot in the dishwasher. I expressed this to Target but got no assistance at all because it's been more than 90 days. These plates were beautiful, and when I bought them, I got rid of my other set, so now I have a beautiful set of plates that I cannot use. It seems to me that Target would be concerned with this issue because one of their products could result in physical injury. My family and I will never make another purchase at Target.

• Ji
      16th of Feb, 2009

Three Go International tops I wanted were finally marked down to 30% off. Or so I thought. When I went to get rung up, the less-than-friendly cashier charged me full price for two of them and told me that they only mark down certain sizes. I asked to speak with a manager and she refused to listen to me.

I went to Guest Services and dealt with Krystal, who was equally rude and unwilling to hear my side of the story. She treated me like a liar when I insisted that there was a sign indicating that the items were all 30% off. She reiterated the fact that Target only marks down clothing of certain sizes and colors, depending on how well something sells. I have never heard of this ridiculous policy before. All the others stores I've went to mark down a certain item in all sizes and colors.

I have been a Target shopper for years, but in the past few years, especially at this Chicago South Loop store, I've received very bad customer service. I am no longer giving them my business. In an economy where money is tight, team members shouldn't display such negative attitudes and companies shouldn't have such ridiculous policies, as the consumer can easily go somewhere else where they are treated better. I was a big fan of the GO International lines at Target and was looking forward to the Alexander McQueen line in March, but they have permanently lost my business.

• Be
      24th of Feb, 2009
    Target - doesn't like to give refunds
    target.com

On December 1, 2017, I made an online purchase of an entertainment center which consisted of 1 table stand and 2 piers. The total price of these pieces of furniture was $941.74. That same evening I found a center at a different store that I like better. I called Target.com to cancel that order. They said that it was too late and the order was already out of the factory. They told me to refuse the order when it was delivered to my house and as long as the packages weren't opened I would receive a full refund. I did that. On the 13th of December there were 2 credits posted to my credit account. One was in the amount of $389.68 and the other was in the amount of $276.04. I called them on the 13th once I received an e-mail that said they had a problem with the 3rd refund. Mind you, I didnâ??t purchase these things separately; I purchased them all at the same time with the same credit card. When I called on the 13th I spoke with Keisha whom said that the remainder of the refund ($276.02) would be credited within 7-10 days. I checked my account and called on the 18th of December. The refund hadn't posted. I spoke with Jovan whom said he issued a refund and it should post in 3-5 business days. He did 2 separate refunds. The only 1 that went thru was the $21.03. Why that happened I don't know. On December 22nd I called again. I spoke with Monica she said to expect the amount owed with tax. I told her the only amount I was owed would be the $254.99. I waited until after Christmas and I called on the 29th. The person I spoke with that day also called Old Navy Visa because he said that the credit wasn't going thru for some reason. We were on 3-way and the ON rep said that there wasnâ??t any reason on their part that the refund wouldn't go thru. Needless to say, it did't happen that day either. I called again last Monday and the person I spoke with said that the system keeps rejecting it. They would have to do an investigation and I would hear back from them within 3 days, which would have been Thursday. I haven't heard from Target. It's as if they are refusing to refund my money, meanwhile this charge is still on my credit card.

• Am
      14th of Mar, 2009

Hi Ellen,
    I know exactly what you mean.I recently worked for Target. They push the cashiers, cause I was one, to sell credit cards to customers-actually the company calls them Guests. That is all they care about, asking us how many credit card sales they think we will get for the day.every time a credit card is sold, it goes toward a bonus for one of the execs. and as cashiers, the one's who actually sell them, we get nothing. The Company thinks of you not as a person, but just a dollar. We get nothing in return for every card we sell, and they don't care who you are or what you are going thru, they just want every penny they can squeeze out of you. The management is the worst i had ever seen. It is mostly comprised of twenty year olds who have no idea what they are doing. Sorry to hear of your ordeal, but don't expect proffessionalism from that company.

• Vi
      18th of Mar, 2009
    Target - ridiculous policy

• Bl
      3rd of Apr, 2009
    Target - getting paid for nothing at all
    1316 greenbrier pkwy
    chesapreake
    Virginia

The thing is I love target. I have always had a nice time shopping and the employees have always helped with a smile. But with the way that times are everyone is cutting back. Letting people go. But at this store it seems they are letting go of the wrong people. The ones who want to work and do their job. I went to target looking to find a few things. I went up to a lady and asked for help. Her tag said maggie. She acted like she did not even want to give me the time of day let alone the help she was getting paid for.in the middle of asking for her help she waved me off and answered her walkie talkie. So I walked off to find some one who would help. Before leaving the store. The same girl was yelling and getting rude with other employees. First of all customers come first, we are their form of a paycheck. We don't buy, they don't get paid. Second if you have a problem with other employees, you take them off the floor. Third you sure the heck don't talk to others that way, even if your they boss. And forth, if your getting paid to do a job, you work. You don't walk around like your getting paid to flip your blonde hair and act like little miss priss. I know how things should work. I have been in the retail industry for 33 years. And this does not work. I am to old for attidtude from people who think they can get paid for looking pretty.