Target / defective merchandise and no compensation
In Dec 2007, about a week after Christmas, I went to Target to buy an Animated Penguin for my yard for the following Christmas. I did this because it was 50% off with it being an after Christmas clearance sale.. All Christmas items and decorations were 50% off. The box was completly sealed with packing tape and didn't look anything out of the ordinary. Because it was factory sealed or so I assumed, when I got it home, I stored it up in my attic unopened till this Christmas. When we took it out of the box, the penguin was missing it's head. I was very upset and went to Target to see what could be done. I was told that Target has a strict 90 day return policy. I explained that it was sealed and bought after xmas last year and I didn't know of the defect till this Christmas. I was told there was nothing that could be done. I was not offered any type of exchange, store credit or gift card. Nothing. It was not my fault that it was missing its head. My husband got so mad, he threw it in the dumpster when we got home. After all the years shopping at Target, this is what I get. No customer satisfaction, no effort to make it right. I have shared my bad ordeal with others so that they may beware of Targets bad policy and non attempt to make right of a bad situation. I used to love Target, now I will make it my very last resort to shop at and that's if I'm desparate.
More Target Complaints & Reviews
- Target Corporation - debit card scam 
- Target Corporation - lack of human resources training 
- Target - employee treatment 
- Target - employee abuse 
- Target / Intex Pool - poor after sales service! 
- Target Brands - barbie dream house
- Target Brands - not having the right signage then not honoring how things are marked.
- Target - employees in the electronics section; tablet 
- Target.com - order not received
- Target Brands - register at checkout