Target Brandsholiday spend 75 get 25 off

K Nov 27, 2017

I came in to target b/c of your advertising of the deal on buying holiday items. Spend 75 and get 25 off. I had $82 worth of lights, wreath box and wrapping paper. When i got up to the register the discount didn't happen. Both the cashier and I were surprised. A manager came over and quite rudely explained that it is Wondershop items only. I had looked online and at a sign in the store. I was not under the impression from your marketing that was the case. The sign in the store said it did not include Google home items and a few other brands, food, candy, etc which said to me that it did include other brands. It wasn't until my unfortunate saga at the register that we realized my Philips brand Christmas lights didn't count. I was very upset. I found in some small print online that it said select Wondershop items only. Wow, this is really misleading advertising in multiple places. Not only did I walk away disappointed yesterday, I felt deceived. I have been a longtime Target customer and Redcard holder and will continue to be, but I would appreciate it if you were more careful in how you advertise your deals. I know Target is not about misleading customers. Please deeply consider this going forward. Thank you!