Tara McGuinness / Legal services disservice

1 Torrance, CA, United States
Phone: 310-793-0800

I hired Ms. McGuinness to take care of a child custody matter. Before she even completed my court paperwork, she decides to take a vacation without informing me. She knew my case was on a tight deadline and after numerous calls and faxes to her office, she completely neglected my case without a back-up attorney to assist in my matter. I realize there are no guarantees in the outcome in court but what she did was negligent. I almost lost custody of my daughter because of her. I could have done a better job representing myself in court. She is a horrible attorney and her license to practice law should be revoked. I really should have filed a formal complaint against her had I not been living out of the country at the time. I am only thankful for the fact that I did not lose custody of my daughter but that was only because she sold me out in court. Like I said, I would have done a better job in court because she really did not have my best interest at all. She should be ashamed of herself.