TangShop.com / Bad business process

1 PO Box 297Williamsville, NY, United States Review updated:

In early September 07 I purchased an external battery for my PDA from The Tang Shop (order #61432, TID:4729-GXXM-1009). The picture on the website showed the battery I thought I was going to get, but when I got it, it was not as advertised and it would not work with my PDA. They were initially happy to take it back and told me that when they received it, they would send the item that was actually pictured on the website, the one that I thought I had ordered..

So I returned the battery -- with postal insurance -- and first they told me that they didn't receive it. After two separate trips to the post office, I found that the PO actually did deliver it (thank god I insured it!).

Then on Oct 17 they said that a replacement would be shipped "within the next few days". On Nov 19 they informed me that "a replacement request has been processed".

It has yet to arrive. In the meantime I took two long plane flights for which I needed the item, but of course I didn't have it.

Finally on 12-3 I emailed them again to complain and I have yet to receive a response.

Oh, and when you try to call the number listed on the website, you get a message that they don't take calls and you have to email them!

I am not a happy consumer, and at this point I have to say that I will NEVER buy anything from Tang Shop again.

This is also a Yahoo! Shopping merchant and Yahoo has been less than cooperative in helping to reign in one of their rogue merchants.

Consequently, I will not patronize any other Yahoo! Shopping merchant, either.

Caveat Emptor!

Va

Comments

• Lo
      5th of Jan, 2008
    TangShop.com - Returned Item with Delivery Proof, No Refund
    TangShop.com
    PO Box 297
    Williamsville
    New York
    Phone: 716-408-0358
    www.tangshop.com

On 10/27/07 I purchased a PDA replacement battery from TangShop.com had to return it unused because I couldn't get the PDA case open to install it (the screw heads were stripped). I received an RMA number from TangShop on 11/8 and returned the item via first class mail with delivery confirmation on 11/9. The Post Office says it was delivered on 11/13. After 2 weeks went by with no credit for the return, I e-mailed customer service on 11/27 and was told that they had not received the package. When I provided the delivery confirmation details I was told the information was being forwarded to the refund manager. That was 6 weeks ago, I still have not received credit for the return, and all my subsequent e-mails have been ignored. The only good thing about this transaction is that it wasn't a lot of money to lose, but it's still annoying to be out the price of the item plus postage in both directions.

• Ro
      21st of Jan, 2008

I had a simialr experience. (order tang-shop #62348 from TangShop.com). Ordered a cel ph battery in 9/07. The battery was no good. They said they would send another. They did not. When contacted they said they were waiting for shipment. After wks I requested a refund. No response. I is now 1/21/08 and I do not expect to hear from them. They appear to be a farce. Buyer beware!

• Ve
      5th of Feb, 2008

I totally agree with the experiences of the other two customers. I purchased a USB FM Car transmitter and it didn't work me. I requested a refund and they promptly sent me a RMA # and I returned the merchandise back to them. I had a delivery confirmation request and it shows that Tang Shop received it on the 22nd Jan 2008. Till date, I have sent them 5-6 mails asking them to credit back the amount to my credit card, however none of my mails get answered and their contact numbers never gets attended and we are asked to send email to their customer service.

The surprising part is, the mails regarding order tracking, order status and RMA # was answered promptly, however the refund request never gets answered.

Looks like a fraudulent company to me. Is there some way the credit card issuer can help me on this?

• Rd
      6th of Oct, 2009

I am still waiting for an order from Tang Shop. I trusted them because they are listed with Yahoo. Apparently, that was not enough of a guarantee!

• Br
      4th of Mar, 2010
    TangShop.com - Item not received
    Brian H
    New South Wales
    Australia

Ordered phone covers over the internet in November 2009 from Tangshop.com. (order number 69380) My credit card has been debited but i still have not received the phone covers and it is now March 2010. I have sent several email and never receive a reply. Still do not have the phone covers. BH