Tango / Rip-off!

1655 E. Thousand Oaks Boulevard, #201Thousand Oaks, CA, United States Review updated:
2.5

I booked an appointment for a color only with Keefe (one of the hairdressers who works at Tango and Tango Salon and Spa). When I went in for my appointment and talked to Keefe (I had never met him before), he insisted my hairstyle was �outdated� and �not flattering to my face.� After much back-and-forth and arguing on his part, I agreed to let him also cut my hair (to be specific, I agreed to let him put "layers" in my hair without affecting/shortening the length). During my conversation with Keefe, I told him that I did not want my hair shorter (as I am trying to grow my hair long) and that I did not want my hair colored black or even dark brown. I simply wanted medium brown and the gray hairs covered. I also brought in a photo of what I consider medium brown colored hair. (My natural color is medium brown with a tiny amount of gray.)

But instead he COMPLETELY ignored everything I said and everything I told him. He cut so many inches off the length (in giving me layers), that it will take more than a year to get that length back. He colored my hair a very dark brown and it is literally black in places. And he gave me a style that is very unmanageable. He really messed up my hair, which now looks scraggly and sticks straight out. It is also uneven in many places.

Additionally, he added services that I did not want or ask for. He gave me this weird skull and neck massage using some strange instrument and a conditioning, without asking if I wanted them (I didn�t), or informing me that these minor services carried a high price tag ($100). It is dishonest to take advantage of clients in this manner. People should only have to pay and receive services they ask for/know about.

Then, to add insult to injury, he �forgot� to give me a smock when coloring my hair. As a result, a blob of color dropped on my back and ruined one of my favorite shirts. So now I am left with a nice shirt I have to throw away, and I have paid an exorbitant amount (totalling $220) for a haircut that looks worse than those I have received from Super Cuts.
Va

Comments

Je
  23rd of Feb, 2010
I used to go to this place all the time to tan but started going somewhere else because number one, the place is FULL of cameras. A little disturbing and kind of creepy if you ask me. Who knows if they were in the tanning bed rooms. I always felt uncomfortable when I tanned. The beds were always dirty and the bathrooms are disgusting and never have toilet paper or seat covers or towels to dry your hands. The people who work there are so rude and don't know what they are doing. They couldn't get the tanning beds to come on most of the time and when they did half the light bulbs were out. I would rather spend my money somewhere that has better and cleaner equipment with a staff who appreciates your business.