Tamko Roofing Products / No warranty

1 Po Box 1404Joplin, MO, United States Review updated:

I purchased a home in Livermore California in 2001. The roof was new in 1997 and just recently I had a inspection to say the roof shingles that where used are under warranty for pre-mature cracking and that the same type of shingles have been replaced on many homes. I requested a replacement under a pro rated work up and was declined stating that since I was not the original owner so the warranty was not transferable. I do not think this is fair and for me to replace a roof only after 11 years is unheard of! If they sold an inferior product then they should stand behind that product and give me some type of pro-rated warranty.

Va

Comments

• Ba
      17th of Jul, 2008

I had to replace my roof after 9 years. I took them to court. Tamko is a dishonest company that does not stand by their product and will fight to the end.

• Do
      13th of Apr, 2011

I am having the same problem. Tamko is refusing to stand behind their product. I purchased the house from my mom as my parents got divorced. The Tamko shingle is defective and they will not replace the shingle.