tamannaa.com / TEXTBOOK NIGHTMARE

MA, United States Review updated:
I ordered a textbook from this site and paid EXTRA for overnight shipping. They had NO problem charging my credit card for the book which I have NOT received yet. I have and exam in a week and NO book for it. To top it all I have e-mailed them 3 times in a week and NO replies. Have I also mentioned that this company is in New Jersey and I live and go to school in Massachusetts. I guess they sent the book via pony express and the damn horse got lost!!! I'm broke and have no money for this book which cost $266.85 at the bookstore?!?!?!
Ry

Comments

18th of Sep, 2008
I ordered 2 books on September 14, and like the complaintant from the 17th, they easily took my money and I haven't received any notification from the company that the order has been shipped. I cannot find any other contact like phone number and 2 days of emails have been unanswered--I don't even know if the company really exists.
Se
  27th of Sep, 2008
I have got excatly the same problem with this book seller. They charged my credit card and no book was sent to me. They promised shipping in 4-5 day. More than 20 has passed but they still did not send me the book. I can see the order status, that they have not shipped it yet.
When it try to send them a request through the WEB site, it shows me an error. The Web site is half working. What is happening with Tamannaa company? Is it a fake seller or did they go bankrupt?
Li
  10th of Oct, 2008
same situation... any luck contacting them yet?
Ga
  27th of Oct, 2008
Same thing happened to me i ordered my book for school, on Sepember 15, and the people at this website have only askd me to fill out a survey on how good their site is when I havent even received my order this place suxs they took my money and have not sent my order to me yet!!! be ware of tamannaa.com they are a rip off!!!
Na
  11th of Nov, 2008
I myself had the same problem with this company. The only difference is they send me the wrong text book (the international version ) These people should be charge for criminal behavior stealing.
Re
  20th of Jan, 2009
Same situation here. Ordered books on the 12th and paid extra for 2 day shipping. It's the 20th and no sign of the books. Emailed company to check on the status and I have not heard back. Went on line and I am able to see my order; it shows as not having shipped. When I try to select the "cancel" option, I get an error message. When I hit the "contact us" button, I am only given the option to email (no phone number anywhere - sure wish I had noticed that before I ordered from this scam company), and when I try to complete the email, I again get the same error message. After taking these steps on their website, strangely, I have received 16 emails from tamannaa.com in my personal email that contain the original receipt, unchanged, again and again. No new information. The charge is currently pending on my credit card, and I have to wait until it is posted to dispute the charge. Tomorrow I have to go back to the bookstore where I returned my original books after placing this order and buy the books again. Please, save your money - do not purchase anything from tamannaa!
Al
  27th of Jan, 2009
Stay away from this "company"!!! I ordered my book 2 weeks ago with 2 day shipping and the book hasn't arrived. There is no way to contact these people. There is no phone number and you can't email them (the website gives you an error and they don't respond to their sales email address). I had to call my credit card company to report them and get my money back.
Au
  7th of Feb, 2009
I placed an order January 30 for the UPS Express 2-3 day shipping. Its now the night of February 7 and I haven't received it.

I've e-mailed to cancel (not via their site, e-mailing sales@tamannaa.com) and I'm going to talk to my debit card company.
Mr
  13th of Feb, 2009
I have just ordered a book, I tried contacting them through contact us to find out how long it would take. To my surprise errors pop up, I tried using different browsers thinking it's some compatibility issue.

All of the browsers I used had the same issues - Flock, IE and TTraveler

I am just hoping that I'd be the lucky ones that do receive the ordered book

Wish me luck...
Va
  12th of Mar, 2009
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
We or mostly all of us wait till the last minute to order our textbook for a class thats going to start the following week, if thats the case we are all paranoid with delivery. tamannaa.com offers fedex delivery in which they guarantee book delivery within a specified time. With my experience, that is not true, especially if you pay using a credit card. I found out that once the credit card transaction is posted/processed they will then start processing item and get it ready to ship. I waited and waited for some sort of order confirmation or an update on the web, you will not recevie an email from these people, its just a process that takes days to initiate order. You will however receive a TMN order #. You cannot email this company, you will get an error when trying to send them an email. For fedex deliveries, you will receive a tracking # after several days of inital order. You can then track item from India to Paris to the USA. Also, items are not being mailed from New Jersey as their company address is, rather from KOLKATA, INDIA!!! I was worried reading all the comments that my book won't arrive, but thankfully it did, it was only two business late. The price of the book paid for the book is great compared to other retailers. I thought to share my experience, because I too went crazy reading all the comments related to tamannaa.com
Te
  19th of Mar, 2009
Wish I would have found this board sooner. I have the same complaint as all of you. I guess my first clue should have been they have NO PHONE NUMBER for customer support.
  21st of Apr, 2009
Same thing happened to me. I find now that the website was taken down. Crooks!
  21st of Apr, 2009
Same thing happened to me. Now I see that they've taken down their website. Crooks!