Talx Financial Corp. / Bogus sweepstakes winnings

1 1850 Borman Ct.St Louis, MO, United States Review updated:
Phone: 514-576-4312

Sent us a letter that said we won the Publishers Clearing House for $57, 000. In the envelope was a check for $3, 977.65 for the insurance and handling cost for the winnings. They told us to cash the check and send them the cash. When they receive the cash, they would tell us how we can collect the winnings. I did research with the Bank of America and they informed me that the check was counterfeit. We did not fall for this scam buy I'm sure there are a lot of people out there that are out the $3, 977.65.

Na

Comments

• Ta
      27th of May, 2008

Recieved this letter postage stamped from Cananda when you open the letter it says the you have won a 57, 000 from Publisher Sweepstake and to claim your prize call 514-576-4312, along with a check of 3, 997.65. The company is working as Talx Financial located 1850 Borman Ct St Louis, MO 62146. Please do not fall for this as this is a phony check as described in the last comment and you can be ripped off if you decide to deposit into your account.

• We
      27th of May, 2008

Received a letter postage stamped from Canada. When I opened the letter it said that I won $57, 000 from the Publishers Sweepstakes. I called the 514-576-4312 number and they told me that the $3, 997.65 was for insurance until you receive your prize money. They told me to deposit the check into my account and call them back when it cleared. Thank God I decided to research this before taking any action! I appreciate the posts above. You saved me much frustration, hassle and humiliation.

• Sh
      27th of May, 2008

We just received a letter today too with a check for the same amount and same as described above. We did not fall for it either but I wanted to google to see if others have heard about this scam. I'm turning it over to our local tv stations.

• Ta
      28th of May, 2008

Yes if you deposited this phony check into our account chances are it will NOT clear. So dont be decieved.

• To
      29th of May, 2008

I RECEIVED THE SAME CHECK TODAY WITH THE SAME AMOUNT FROM TALX CORPORATION IN ST.LOUIS, I DIDN'T FALL FOR THE SCAM BECAUSE MY MOM RECEIVED A CHEK A COUPLE MONTHS AGO WITH A DIFFERENT AMOUNT BUT I MAP QUEST IT AND IT WAS AN OPEN FILED AS THE ADRRESS NO BUILDINGS.

• Ty
      2nd of Jun, 2008

I RECEIVED THE SAME CHECK TODAY WITH THE SAME AMOUNT FROM TALX CORPORATION IN ST.LOUIS...They told me that I won the 3, 977.65 and all I had to do was call them back when they check cleared...I am so glad that I decided to look these people up, and I thank god for all of you. You kept me from truly embarrassing myself...Thankx everyone...

• Tr
      3rd of Jun, 2008

I also have received a check for $3, 977.65 from TALX FINANCIAL CORPORATION just 6 days ago. They told me to deposit it into my account and call them back as soon as the check has been cleared. It did actually clear, believe it or not, and per the instructions from a certain Lucinda Green, 514-476-4312, I have actually sent the whole amount to LINDA CASEY addressed in NEW YORK, thru Western Union, supposedly as an insurance for the $57, 000 prize check. Right now, I still don't know what's gonna be the consequences of all the actions that I have done for them so far.

• Cr
      12th of Jun, 2008

I also recieved a letter and a check in the mail. Publishers sweepstakes commision inc. no return address on the envelope however postmarked canada. a check was drawn from bank of america and was under ivy bookshop in maryland. the letter stated that I was to cantact my agent a Mr. David Wright @ 1-888-832-5726. They also went as far a listing an Internal revenue agent and this number 1-514-575-7055.things looked a little untrustworthy to me right off the bat so I did some research and I found the many other people who have recieved such offers. Its too bad that I didnt get to deposit the $522, 000.00 into my account but posting this for others to see is worth more in the end. I hope that you found this posting helpful and havent already been taken for this ride. thank you for reading and good luck!