TalentHunter.com / rip off

Modesto, CA, United States Review updated:
4.4
I had recieved a letter by Talent Hunter claiming that Hannah Montana casting had viewed my daughters profile but I had to pay to see the email that hannah casting had left and said that they would send me information because Brian thought she would be a good fit...only to find out that Brian is an employee of talent hunter and is not associated with Disney nor American Top Model.
There for Talent Hunter sent decieving letters to me and hundreds of other hopefulls claiming things that arn't true.

All I wanted was my money back because the trust had been broken. But knowone has responded back to me or has called me back to resolve this... This is not good customer service.
They got me for $100 which I would not of done if they had told me that one of their employees liked my daughters profile...So, no Talent hunter is deceiving and a ripoff and so far the only company that had pulled the casting directors email scam.
and to top it all off they cancelled me and kept all my money too.

Comments

15th of Oct, 2008
by the way everyone needs to complain to the Better Business Buerur (BBB)
with enough complaints They will investigate TALENT HUNTER
  22nd of Oct, 2008
just an update. After BBB got involved Talent Hunter did refund me quicky. I admit that I may have come down hard on Talenthunter but still stick with the belief they need to quit sending emails to people stating Hannah Montanna or any other big names have viewed there file...when they haven't, because I still wouldn't have signed up if I knew who was writing was just a talent hunter employee and not associated with the Hannah Montanna casting.
I still feel, they take advantage of peole that are new trying to break into the business, but have to be glad to find out because I wouldn't have done the research I have done since then. Brian had given me a address I already had that I gotten for free in the first place.
My advice is start researching before you jump into anyone of these type of sites. Most casting directors go through agents and don't go on looking at profiles from what I read neither do Agents. They have there own special places they hang out on the net.
Mi
  29th of Oct, 2008
This site is a COMPLETE SCAM. THey make money off Wanabe's!!!
You CANNOT GET A REAL JOB this way!!! This is not how the industry works!!!
People are so niave!

First you have to get and agent, How do you get an agent?? Fist you need training, they you need to do LOT of stuff you WONT get paid for, just to get your self on Film, then If you're lucky you might get a paid job, or a student film, or something, thats a little more professional, then continue with your training, while you submit to to agents, and most of them will turn you down.
ALSO You can only get LOCAL jobs, uless you poop gold nuggets No one from LA is going to hire someone they never heard of from Nowheresville USA!!
Kb
  2nd of Nov, 2008
Here is what happened to me.
I made a profile and posted.
Within a week, I got an e-mail from a "scout" saying:

I have an audition for you that is looking for your specific type. It is a movie extra role looking for *******(city where I live) talent. This is a paid gig and food will be provided during the shoot.It is important that we submit you to this project as soon as possible. Get back to me immediatly so we can get started.

Jenny

In order to reply to this scout, I needed to be a paid member. There is 3 days trial membership for $1.99 so I was just curious, I registered and replied to this woman at the same time.
At the 3rd day, I didn't get any response from her so I requested to cancel the membership.
It was very easy to cancel, but it looks like 3 days grace priod, my membership remianed another 2days, which passed the first 3days traial, I was charged a full month of memberhip.

It's been a few weeks but I still haven't received any response from this woman.
So this "scout" might be a dammy. Just sending e-mails to newbies and collect membership fees.
So, if you call it a scam, I guess you can.

I am living in a small market, so there aren't a whole a lot of opportunities anyway, so this type of services won't work.

Stick with my locat agents is much effective. So it is up to you whether believing this services or not.
Mi
  4th of Dec, 2008
Thank you call for the input, this really helped me, this is just like Barbizon or John Casablancas
Ma
  5th of Mar, 2009
I signed up with Talent Hunter.com BEFORE I did my research. I paid $149.99 so I could sign my daugther up for 6 months. I thought I was getting a good deal becuase I recieved an email from an "agent" saying that they would be interested in my daughter for a commerical that was being shot in my area (my daughter's pic wasnt even posted at the time, should had be alert number 1). I complained to Paypal and my bank that this company was a fraud.

Too make a long story short, these people WILL NOT respond to any of your requests about cancellations and refunds because they dont have too! My bank will not dispute Paypal, told me that they were untouchable. I disputed with Paypal and my claim was denied. I complained with the Better Business Buearu, still pending but Im sure that my money is gone.

People do your research please. I feel so stupid becuase I cant even get my daughters pics to even load up on their website. SO I got screwed with no protection at all! MAN!!!
Lu
  6th of Mar, 2009
poor u guys, sry to hear about yr rip offs

here's my lil story

HAHAHA...i guess lot's of people who are seeking for a job would be looking for such an easy job like this.

Well, here's my story, i was in a Dunkin Donuts w/ my friend yesterday were reading newspapers looking through out all different commercials and classifieds, and i found quite few jobs there. One of them ( i assumed was a scam ) filming/casting etc. and i would ignore it, but my friend said that one of his co-workers played as an movie extras in I AM LEGEND (with WIll SMith), all she had to do is just jump and she got paid around 100$. Well, with no other thought (should have asked him more about it) i called EntertainmentWork.com for a job (funny but in the ad # had an extension ). Some guy named Peter picked up a phone and i asked him to transfer my call to that extension, first thing he said "are you calling about the ad?" i said "yes", then he asked me if i'm new, said yes. Anyway, he got my information and ... my debit card # and said that charge from the card will be taken the next day, + producer will contact me the very next day and all jobs will be around the place i live, which is non sense because its a lil unrealistic to shot anything in this area.

Well, happy minded that i will get a job now and get paid from $100 to $300 i went home, told some of my other friends and tried to Login on the web site he gave me. Guess what, it didn't work (let me try again though) ---- Invalid Signin. Please try again.-----

...rip off again, so i called my bank, cancelled my card b4 it was to late, and instead of paying $18 (or maybe even more) to those scamers i rather replace my card for $7.5.

Then i did a little research on the web and found out that EntertainmentWork is a scam and fraud as well as many other web sites. You maybe know already many web sites such as "making easy money on the web for just few hours a day", so i think its about the same way the do it here.

So people my ADVISE: go look for real job and before you sign up for any web site with promissing aBIG FUTURE to you, please do the research on the google or yahoo, there're lots of forums and articles written by other users who are been riped off.

D O N O T GIVE YOUR CREDIT CARD OR ANY DETAILED INFORMATION ON THE WEB/PHONE BEFORE YOU DO THE RESEARCH!!!

READ SEARCH SPEND SOME TIME BEFORE YOU REGRET WHAT YOU HAVE DONE

TNX, hope this info was useful!!!

P.S. i'm gonna ask my friend to find out how that girl got the role in that movie, oh btw here i found another addition to this web site http://talenthunter.wordpress.com./ seems like lots of positive replies :D hahaha
An
  23rd of Mar, 2009
Talenthunter is such a fraud! They quote on quote "we will get u to all th casting directors" ...oh ok sure to all of u for such a ripoff!!! DO NOT give them ur credit card number or they will just keep charging it again and again!!! STOP BEFORE U BUY TALENTHUNTER WHAT A RIP OFF LIKE JOHN CASABLANCA!!! i want to act so bad but everything is a ripoff!!!

-ansley
Zj
  12th of Jun, 2009
i agree talent hunter is a rip-off...think about it! Everyone is not cut out for acting and modeling so how is everyone on the website getting auditions??? Sounds fake to me People pay their money and get fake emails then post testamonies to find out the person they were emailing wont email back... And the thing that gets me is why do you have to pay to even send a message??? sounds like bull crap. . .DONT DO IT!!!
Mo
  14th of Aug, 2009
Talent Hunter is the biggest scam artist around...yeap you enter as a STANDARD MEMBER, GET AUDTIONS OUT THE YING YANG...CAN'T RESPOND BECOME GOLD MEMBER...NOTHING EVER...SENT IN OVER 400+ AUDITIONS...
THEN I ASKED TO HAVE MY ACCOUNT CANCELLED AND MONIES OF REMAINING REFUNDED TO MY ACCOUNT...NO REFUND BUT ACCOUNT CANCELLED...
THERE FOR FILED COMPAINT W/ BBB. ATTORNEY GENERAL OFFICE IN CALIFORNIA...AND IN MY STATE...IS IT NOT FRAUD WHEN SOME ONE TAKES MONEY AND CLOSES OUT YOUR ACCOUNT FIRST.???????