TalentHunter.com / Unauthorized billing

I Found talenthunter.com via internet and decided to try it out. i was doing the basic membership the one that is free, and i had gotten an email saying that they needed extras and i could make money fast. Well i went to message the person who contacted me and they said i needed to upgrade.

So i did the three day trial for $1.99. well i went to check my bank account a couple days later i was under $30.00 because they did not only take out $1.99 but also an additional amount that was 19.99. so here i am working minimum wage job that pays under ten dollars an hour and i am also being charged an extra thirty dollars for an over draft.

I am furious with their attempt to pawn themselves off as a decent talent website. i called them and they said they do not give refunds. They should put that in bold print if they are going to take out more than what it says. I am short money now and upset. I hope they get what is coming to them.

Ri

Comments

Re
  4th of Jan, 2009

This company is the definition of a scam. They offer you a 3- day free trial and you end up with a $29.99 monthly charge. They say you can cancel your subscription, but even after I did I kept getting billed the $29.99 for months afterwards. Even though, supposedly they sent me notices confirming my cancellation. They claim on their website that you can call 24 hours 7 days a week, but conveniently for them, every time I tried to call and dispute my charge they 'weren't available' and they have an automated message that also says 'please don't leave a voice mail just send us an e-mail.' But of course, when you send them an e-mail you never hear back from them. Conveniently, in their terms of use if you dispute a charge you are fined $100.00 plus legal fees. Stay away from this company. The services they offer aren't even up-to-date. Some of the 'audition notices' that I was sent were out-dated by two years even. They are just taking advantage of naive people who want to 'break-in' to show business. It is outrageous what they are doing. STAY AWAY from talenthunter, they are only scouting for trusting people to take advantage of, not real talent.

Ma
  5th of Mar, 2009

I signed up with Talent Hunter.com BEFORE I did my research. I paid $149.99 so I could sign my daugther up for 6 months. I thought I was getting a good deal becuase I recieved an email from an "agent" saying that they would be interested in my daughter for a commerical that was being shot in my area (my daughter's pic wasnt even posted at the time, should had be alert number 1). I complained to Paypal and my bank that this company was a fraud.

Too make a long story short, these people WILL NOT respond to any of your requests about cancellations and refunds because they dont have too! My bank will not dispute Paypal, told me that they were untouchable. I disputed with Paypal and my claim was denied. I complained with the Better Business Buearu, still pending but Im sure that my money is gone.

People do your research please. I feel so stupid becuase I cant even get my daughters pics to even load up on their website. SO I got screwed with no protection at all! MAN!!!

St
  10th of Sep, 2009

I just broke off with TH, once I read the BBB rating. I also was called by the fake agency GO See G.I.F.T.S. and ask for a decision in 48 hours. Luckily my family isn't as ignorant as me and checked the BBB and they weren't registered. So, I googled to be sure and sure enough Go See G.I.F.T.S is a sham.
Though when I tried to post a comment on Talenthunter, like 'Go See GIFTS= Fraud' or saying it was a scam, my comments would not show up and I couldn't post ('shout') for another hour. TH has a filter on their words I believe to avoid their own exposure.
As for the money thing, you can keep the Standard account but eventually they will stop letting you read your messages. Luckily, to get to gold I used an American Exp. gift card that only had 8$ left on it.

Ta
  26th of Jan, 2010

no duh your all ###ing idiots they have to pay directors to get them to put them selves on the site and that would be profit loss not to menchon paying for the site its self
so i repeat myself your all ###ING STUPID
i own the site so stop baging on it okay

Ch
  8th of Aug, 2010

I would really hope that if you were any type of affiliate with Talenthunter.com-you would at the very least have someone write your emails for you. That in itself speaks volumes for me. Try taking a few basic English classes and learn to curb your desire to use vulgarity.
Respect may come your way after doing so. Good luck.